Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3
  why....

poll

dancing 1 100.0% [ 58 ]
Total Votes:[ 58 ]
< 1 2

The show's entertaining. It's more in depth than zombie movies at least. Like they focus on exploring mindsets more.
it's the most interesting thing on tv for a long long time now.

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I think it's got great writing, and excellent characters that you care about. The zombies are a bonus.

Steadfast Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Apocolyptic themes are big right now if you haven't noticed. Not sure if it was the 2012 crap or if it just caught on, but it's HUGE .

Then the show itself drags people in for different reasons. Some like it for just the Walkers, or an attractive character, maybe the emotional strain of the survivors. Personally, I'm an Apocolyps fanatic, I like the urgency and the looming death. That's my reasoning.
Willow_SheWolf
Apocolyptic themes are big right now if you haven't noticed. Not sure if it was the 2012 crap or if it just caught on, but it's HUGE .

Then the show itself drags people in for different reasons. Some like it for just the Walkers, or an attractive character, maybe the emotional strain of the survivors. Personally, I'm an Apocolyps fanatic, I like the urgency and the looming death. That's my reasoning.

this

im a fan of the apocolyptic settings in movies, tv and video games. even saved an art pic of a nuke going off in a super city.

a lot of potential in those storylines. walking dead is perfect for a tv show.

nunubebe's Oppa

Greedy Knight

8,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Partygoer 500
I love zambies. dramallama
It is an exciting thriller. Well thought out story line and simply good actors. And hey, who doesn't like zombies.. that is why i like the show.

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
It's one of the many ways of dealing with the fear of death. Making images is an old and potent magic for processing experience (real or feared). And enjoying other people's images (i.e. art images, movies, TV shows, etc.) works the same way. This is true whether the images amuse you, make you wince, give you nightmares, make you laugh or cry, or just mildly entertain you. Sticking an image on a nameless anxiety puts it in a box, makes us feel that we have somehow controlled it. We really haven't, and smart people even know this, but still, it's comforting in an odd sort of way.
you have to put your self in the peoples shoes with horror thats what i do why i would care that some body else is being tore up but what if it was me what if that was my life losing everything i love and having to push on having to beat out another persons brains so they dont eat me thats whee youl find horror and if zombies dont work for you just imagine an epidemic how scared youd be if everyone around just stared dropping from something you cant see and imagine the decline of civilization having to fight for food or you could just watch the story and watch the characters grow an d change you dont have to be scared to find the show interesting

Savage Sweetheart

It's like a soap opera, with zombies

Devoted Flatterer

8,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
tatubaby4life
VirginianRanger
tatubaby4life
u l z z z a n g
i think most people find zombies "freaky"...
but that's what makes the show exciting
if you're scared just don't watch it?
I don't watch it. but never get a real answer of why people like it when I ask...it is always a 'cuz' or something that does not resolve the question...

Since you never get a real answer as to why people like TWD, here's mine:

Its a very well written drama that focuses on a group of survivors of a disaster on an unimaginable scale. While you don't get a "first person" perspective, you're drawn into the conflict feel as though you are a part of it(ie developing feelings of sympathy when someone dies, aggression between certain group members, etc.). The zombies greatly enhance this daily trauma the group must endure but now you add to the mix other survivors who may or may not share the same outlook as this particular group does.

For all the gore and bloodshed, I think you should at least give it a try.
thank you very much, I guess it is like spartacus then lol my boyfriend watches it, and I get hooked onto the story line...but as soon as i am drawn in a head is being ripped off or a sword is going through someones gut...gross.

Trust me, I know.
Everytime someone gets stabbed or a zombie bites someone, i cringe and want to throw up. But i stay since the storyline's interesting and every ending grabs my attention and brings new questions that always leave me wanting more. You get used to the gore after a while

1,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
It is the BEST SHOW EVER! It's just like a continuous zombie apocalypse movie! Why don't you like it?
It's the only good zombie series we got out there. At first I thought this show would've last but they kept on going. Now I love this show! pirate

Ruthless Pyromaniac

15,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Ms Fay
    I ******** love zombies.

Well said

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff