Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3
  why....

poll

dancing 1 100.0% [ 58 ]
Total Votes:[ 58 ]
1 2 >

do people find the walking dead interesting?

personally the thought of zombies is kind of freaky to me.
i think most people find zombies "freaky"...
but that's what makes the show exciting
if you're scared just don't watch it?
u l z z z a n g
I don't watch it. but never get a real answer of why people like it when I ask...it is always a 'cuz' or something that does not resolve the question...
    I ******** love zombies.
tatubaby4life
do people find the walking dead interesting?

personally the thought of zombies is kind of freaky to me.

It's not just about zombies. It's what the zombies has done that makes everything so interesting. You don't watch a scary movie because of the monster, because of what the monster does and how it effects everything. Yea, sure, the zombies do make it more fun, but I like it because it totally catches my attention when it starts. You won't lose your focus till it's over. ( except for when they were searching for sophie, that was annoying.)

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
tatubaby4life
u l z z z a n g
I don't watch it. but never get a real answer of why people like it when I ask...it is always a 'cuz' or something that does not resolve the question...

Since you never get a real answer as to why people like TWD, here's mine:

Its a very well written drama that focuses on a group of survivors of a disaster on an unimaginable scale. While you don't get a "first person" perspective, you're drawn into the conflict feel as though you are a part of it(ie developing feelings of sympathy when someone dies, aggression between certain group members, etc.). The zombies greatly enhance this daily trauma the group must endure but now you add to the mix other survivors who may or may not share the same outlook as this particular group does.

For all the gore and bloodshed, I think you should at least give it a try.
VirginianRanger
tatubaby4life
u l z z z a n g

Its a very well written drama that focuses on a group of survivors of a disaster on an unimaginable scale. While you don't get a "first person" perspective, you're drawn into the conflict feel as though you are a part of it(ie developing feelings of sympathy when someone dies, aggression between certain group members, etc.). The zombies greatly enhance this daily trauma the group must endure but now you add to the mix other survivors who may or may not share the same outlook as this particular group does.

thank you very much, I guess it is like spartacus then lol my boyfriend watches it, and I get hooked onto the story line...but as soon as i am drawn in a head is being ripped off or a sword is going through someones gut...gross.

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
tatubaby4life
VirginianRanger
tatubaby4life
u l z z z a n g

thank you very much, I guess it is like spartacus then lol my boyfriend watches it, and I get hooked onto the story line...but as soon as i am drawn in a head is being ripped off or a sword is going through someones gut...gross.

I know people that sympathize with you. But hey, at least you don't get the amount of gore in this show than you would at a movie. Yeah, it comes close in some instances, but not quite.

Liberal Noob

Ms Fay
    I ******** love zombies.

This ^

Dapper Dabbler

tatubaby4life
u l z z z a n g

Watch it, then come back.

Dapper Dabbler

They aren't afraid to show guts. It's not real anyway.

7,650 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
u l z z z a n g
I don't think it's so much about zombie or gore love as it is about surviving a major catastrophe. I think it's the one thing people fear more than anything - life as they know it ending. Of course, you throw in some walking dead and things get a little more unpredictable. At least with zombies you know where the threat lies. People on the other hand are the unpredictable equation you can't sum up. You never know how far someone will draw the line to survive. That's my take on the whole TWD story line.
LOL
If you get scared easily then don't watch the show, simple. It's a very good show, that's why people watch it.

Wheezing Lunatic

Bawse Sawse
LOL
If you get scared easily then don't watch the show, simple. It's a very good show, that's why people watch it.

But it's not even scary...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces