Totally awesome with gold 0.54901960784314 54.9% [ 56 ]
Total Votes:[ 102 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Enduring Gaian

13,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
As someone who hasn't read the comics and had no idea who she was (until everyone started talking about her here of course), my first reaction was "Ugh!! Evil dude! Run away Andrea!"

Or something... I'm not sure if that was the kind of reaction the producers were hoping for, but meh.

I actually thought she was the governor person that people had been talking about in the previous months. Now it's like "Oh. K. Another ally. Got it."

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
00Dolphin_SW
As someone who hasn't read the comics and had no idea who she was (until everyone started talking about her here of course), my first reaction was "Ugh!! Evil dude! Run away Andrea!"

Or something... I'm not sure if that was the kind of reaction the producers were hoping for, but meh.

I actually thought she was the governor person that people had been talking about in the previous months. Now it's like "Oh. K. Another ally. Got it."

It's nice to see reactions from people who don't read the comics. 3nodding That's the real test to see if the producers and writers are doing things right.

4,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
she's bad a**, female, sword wielding, person of color who is not just a back ground person like t-dog, and she leads zombies emotion_zombie emotion_zombie around on chains. enough said. scream

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Yukino Makoto-kun
This is not a Michonne-bashing thread. I love her character, and I'm super excited that she'll be in season 3. But what I want to know why everyone is freaking out about her 10 second cameo in the season finale.

Frankly, I was underwhelmed, beyond the initial "OMG MICHONNE" squee. I already called it that she'd only be given a cameo part if she showed up at all. Actually, I my prediction was that she'd show up in the last 30 seconds with some witty one-liner that would tease for season 3, so what actually happened with her was worse than my worst-case scenario. She got about 10-15 seconds and no lines, and we couldn't even see her face.

I think I might've actually liked it better if we just didn't see her until the season 3 season premiere, where she could actually get real screen time, except that someone had to save Andrea from being lost in the woods.

Thoughts? Anyone agree with me?

I agree with you. Yeah, Michonne's cool and all as she's depicted in the comics but will she be the same on the show? How are they gonna portray her?

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
pontiac_g6
she's bad a**, female, sword wielding, person of color who is not just a back ground person like t-dog, and she leads zombies emotion_zombie emotion_zombie around on chains. enough said. scream

Michonne's badassery in the comics was never in question. I'm wondering if anyone else sort of was "meh" about her showing up for 10 seconds in the last episode, rather than them saving her for the premiere of the next season.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
VirginianRanger
Yukino Makoto-kun
This is not a Michonne-bashing thread. I love her character, and I'm super excited that she'll be in season 3. But what I want to know why everyone is freaking out about her 10 second cameo in the season finale.

Frankly, I was underwhelmed, beyond the initial "OMG MICHONNE" squee. I already called it that she'd only be given a cameo part if she showed up at all. Actually, I my prediction was that she'd show up in the last 30 seconds with some witty one-liner that would tease for season 3, so what actually happened with her was worse than my worst-case scenario. She got about 10-15 seconds and no lines, and we couldn't even see her face.

I think I might've actually liked it better if we just didn't see her until the season 3 season premiere, where she could actually get real screen time, except that someone had to save Andrea from being lost in the woods.

I agree with you. Yeah, Michonne's cool and all as she's depicted in the comics but will she be the same on the show? How are they gonna portray her?

Thank you! I was wondering if anyone else felt underwhelmed after the initial "YAY!!" about Michonne. From what the actress has said in interviews so far, I think they might be changing her character somewhat to fit the show.

Bloodsucker

Will anyone *care to explain the whole "zombie-pet" thing?

Edited;

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
I have seen one episode of Walking Dead. That episode was the finale of season 2. I watched it with my best guy friend. Neither of us ever say the word 'bad-a**' anymore. We say, "Michonne"

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Jimmedy

Edited;

Do you want spoilers about Michonne? Because I can tell you what's up with her "walker pets".

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Satanasapphic
I have seen one episode of Walking Dead. That episode was the finale of season 2. I watched it with my best guy friend. Neither of us ever say the word 'bad-a**' anymore. We say, "Michonne"

xd You should watch the rest of the series.

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ah but I already know what's going to happen - I might watch some of it though.

Yukino Makoto-kun
Satanasapphic

xd You should watch the rest of the series.

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Yukino Makoto-kun
VirginianRanger
Yukino Makoto-kun

Thank you! I was wondering if anyone else felt underwhelmed after the initial "YAY!!" about Michonne. From what the actress has said in interviews so far, I think they might be changing her character somewhat to fit the show.

See, that could be potentially bad not just for the character but for the show. Look how they(the show's writers) handled Shane's exit from the show. Time will tell...

Bloodsucker

Yukino Makoto-kun
Jimmedy

Edited;

Do you want spoilers about Michonne? Because I can tell you what's up with her "walker pets".

Please do. Spoilers don't bother me at all- but if you're going to post it on this thread then you should white-text it for some lurker might read it and get upset. cry

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Jimmedy
Yukino Makoto-kun
Jimmedy

Edited;

Please do. Spoilers don't bother me at all- but if you're going to post it on this thread then you should white-text it for some lurker might read it and get upset. cry

Here you go then...

The two walkers are Michonne's boyfriend and best friend. She couldn't bring herself to kill them, so instead she cut off their arms and lower jaws so they couldn't attack her. It's also shown in the comics that if the same walker is around you, they eventually stop trying to attack you, like how Rick & Glenn covered themselves with walker guts. Michonne uses them to keep her safe from other walkers.

Apocalyptic Friend

For those of us who have read the books, we know why we love Michonne. Those who only know her from the show will have to wait until later to find out how awesome she is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff