Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Cutie-Pie

8,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Seriously First Sophia comes up missing and becomes a zombie, and Carl is just all over the place throwing rocks at zombies and waving around a gun. Seriously why lol have fun discussing this lol

Apocalyptic Genius

A combination of bad parenting and a harried mental state.

I can understand Rick not keeping an eye on Carl 24/7. Rick is the de facto leader of the group. People are constantly coming to him for advice and help in various situations, and he has to keep a balance among several different people to keep them from going into full blown panic mode.

Lori? I have no idea what her problem is. She doesn't take on nearly the same amount of responsibility that Rick has to on a daily basis, and her idea of "watching Carl" is simply to tell him to stay in the house. Which he never does. Honestly, when your child is priority #1, you really could do a better job of keeping an eye on him, especially after he was shot. I can understand Lori being harried. But for goodness' sake, she doesn't have so much to do that she can't keep Carl close.

On the case of Sophia, that's a different story entirely. That was the result of pure panic. No amount of mental training or preparedness will ready you for the fact that there are undead things that want to eat you alive. She panicked and ran off. I don't think anyone can really blame her for that. Kids are less developmentally prepared to make solid long-term decisions (scientific fact, their brains just aren't as developed) and she likely bolted due to pure fear. Twice. First on the highway, then again in the woods when Rick found her. He told her to stay put, but now we know more walkers were in the woods. She likely saw one (and maybe it saw her) and ran again. Causing her death.
I just want to go up to Carl and slap him across the face for constintly running away. I'm totally supprised that the others that were around werent watching Carl for the sake of Lori and Rick.

Kawaii Sentai

sarahkellett
I just want to go up to Carl and slap him across the face for constintly running away. I'm totally supprised that the others that were around werent watching Carl for the sake of Lori and Rick.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Ide rather slap the people responsible for him.

User ImageUser Image
emotion_zombie

Okay, guys,
Carl just needs a hug and better parents.

End of story.

emotion_zombie

3,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Lonely Gawker

I think that Rick has a lot on his plate and really shouldn't have to watch Carl all the time. However Lori really needs to get her act together and watch out for Carl because she seriously does not need to keep losing track of him.
Soon he'll be walker-food and there is nothing that she will be able to do about it after that and it'll probably be her fault.
(Though I wouldn't mind getting rid of Carl.)

In the case of Sophia that was all panic and there really wasn't much that Carol could do about her.

Though I would like to take the time to mention that they really shouldn't have spent that much time searching for Sophia. She was a lost cause from the beginning and honestly a little girl is not gonna last in the woods over night. :
Thats what im saying Carl is a perfect example

Beloved Prophet

6,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
Carl... Yeah everyone has said the right thing about Carl.

BAnd in Sophia's case, you can't really watch your child when your hiding because a horde of walkers is passing by. If anyone tried to stop her from running they would have all died. And in the zombie world it's much better that a little girl dies then the whole group... Actually it's much better but that doesn't matter.
Rick's got an excuse since he is busy leading the whole crew, but Lori is just a horrible parent.

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
cus its a tv show

Survivor

Lori is being a parent. She tells him to stay in the house while she goes and checks on people, does housework, that sort of thing. It's not a LOT like the others that are killing walkers and s**t, but it's HER thing. I'm sure she still checks on him, but he's a punkass little s**t that doesn't do what he's told and runs around being a dumbass. It's not all her fault, and it's not Rick's fault either.

Carl's just a dumb kid.
Barjova
Lori is being a parent. She tells him to stay in the house while she goes and checks on people, does housework, that sort of thing. It's not a LOT like the others that are killing walkers and s**t, but it's HER thing. I'm sure she still checks on him, but he's a punkass little s**t that doesn't do what he's told and runs around being a dumbass. It's not all her fault, and it's not Rick's fault either.

Carl's just a dumb kid.

I agree with you
I like this show, but it's CRAZY NASTY.

Tipsy Cutie-Pie

8,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Thread Flip 150
stefan1921
cus its a tv show

We all know that, we are just having a discussion about a show. *shakes head*

Quick Reply