Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Lunatic

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Light Hearthnet
Because they like real-life is like in a game. Where you can find ammo everywhere, in everyone's refrigerator and bathroom.

Desemos17
Mekare the Queen
Mayor Gravity
Mekare the Queen

That's a big reason for it, but also because ammo-less weapons tend to be much quieter. Noise=more walkers
There's always the silencer. smile

Ah, but they don't actually 'silence', they just reduce the sound. Even with, guns are still rather loud. (Granted, I'm quoting wikipedia here, but it's still generally a fairly accurate source)
"Live tests by independent reviewers of numerous commercially available suppressors find that even low caliber unsuppressed .22 LR firearms produce gunshots over 160 decibels. In testing, most of the suppressors reduced the volume to between 130 and 145 dB, with the quietest suppressors metering at 117 dB. The actual suppression of sound ranged from 14.3 to 43 dB, with most data points around the 30 dB mark. A notable example, the De Lisle carbine, a British WW II suppressed rifle used by Special Forces, was recorded at 85.5 dB in official firing tests.
Comparatively, ear protection commonly used while shooting provides 18 to 32 dB of sound reduction at the ear. Further, chainsaws, rock concerts, rocket engines, pneumatic drills, small firecrackers, and ambulance sirens are rated at 100 to 140 dB."

wow the science of a silencer.... way to go. Silencers are not silencing as he said. also they strip easily so eventually it would still end up make quite the noise

pretty much... todays youth is so set into video games that they cant comprehend what is real and what is fake....

Questionable Borg

Desemos17
Light Hearthnet
Because they like real-life is like in a game. Where you can find ammo everywhere, in everyone's refrigerator and bathroom.

Desemos17
Mekare the Queen
Mayor Gravity
Mekare the Queen

That's a big reason for it, but also because ammo-less weapons tend to be much quieter. Noise=more walkers
There's always the silencer. smile

Ah, but they don't actually 'silence', they just reduce the sound. Even with, guns are still rather loud. (Granted, I'm quoting wikipedia here, but it's still generally a fairly accurate source)
"Live tests by independent reviewers of numerous commercially available suppressors find that even low caliber unsuppressed .22 LR firearms produce gunshots over 160 decibels. In testing, most of the suppressors reduced the volume to between 130 and 145 dB, with the quietest suppressors metering at 117 dB. The actual suppression of sound ranged from 14.3 to 43 dB, with most data points around the 30 dB mark. A notable example, the De Lisle carbine, a British WW II suppressed rifle used by Special Forces, was recorded at 85.5 dB in official firing tests.
Comparatively, ear protection commonly used while shooting provides 18 to 32 dB of sound reduction at the ear. Further, chainsaws, rock concerts, rocket engines, pneumatic drills, small firecrackers, and ambulance sirens are rated at 100 to 140 dB."

wow the science of a silencer.... way to go. Silencers are not silencing as he said. also they strip easily so eventually it would still end up make quite the noise

pretty much... todays youth is so set into video games that they cant comprehend what is real and what is fake....
Not necessairly.

Friendly Lunatic

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Mayor Gravity
Desemos17
Light Hearthnet

Desemos17
Mekare the Queen

Not necessairly.

sorry i must correct my earlier statment. Not all of todays youth but a large magority of them

Backwoods Hunter

ff I know how you feel -_- Like in L4D, there are just guns laying around everywhere. That's not how it'll be...that's why we have guns at my grandfather's house.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff