Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Phantom

A SPOILER WARNING! CHARACTER DEATHS FOR ALL SEASONS AND CURRENT EPISODES WILL BE DISCUSSED!
A lot of people have died in Walking Dead. Shane, Andrea, Dale, Merle, Sophia, Lori, Hershel, T-Dog, Milton, etc. Who left us too soon? Which of these characters would you have liked to have seen stick around longer? Who could have given us more if they had survived to another season? Who do you miss? Why?

Dedicated Lunatic

To me Merle left to soon,I think he would have had more to offer if given the chance.I loved Merle since the first episode so I was sad to see him go.
T-Dog left to soon,I think he would have been pretty awesome in the Terminus episodes.
Hershel was so sweet and kind and it was horrible how he died.I loved Hershel but his "Peaceful" ways were putting them in danger.
It was also sad to see Shane leave but he needed to die,He was to crazy to stay.Same goes for The Governor.I really loved The Governor but after he killed Hershel,I wanted him dead.

As for the rest of them,They had their cool moments but they also had their annoying ones so I don't really miss them.

As of now,I`m hoping Rick,Carl,Baby Judith (Cause she's so adorable),Daryl,Tyreese,Carol,Maggie,Glenn,Abe & Eugene don't die.
There are a great deal of deaths within the show I felt were either well timed, or timed a bit too early with a few deaths that didn't come quick enough. Touching on some of the major deaths within the show to the point of the end of season 4...

Shane: Shane's death was well timed. The build up to his death was incredible and how it happened was very unique. The way Shane went out couldn't have been better built or well timed than it was. It was probably the most well timed death in the entire show.

Lori: In my opinion, Lori's death came at just the right time. I will admit there were times I was wishing death on her during season 2 for some of the stupid things she did, but her death was well timed in season 3. How she died was also well thought out and good. Not a great deal I can say about it other than it was well creative and well timed.

T-Dog:: While I hated to see T-Dog go, his death was also well timed. It was also creative how he went out by sacrificing himself for Carol when he realized his time was up. Again, he was a character I hated to see go, but one whose death was well timed for all tense and purposes.

Sophia: I don't have an opinion on Sophia's death one way or the other because of where her death transpired. In all fairness, we don't know when exactly she died (I don't count her being killed as a walker...). Her death without a doubt made a huge impact in the show, but with the build up between Shane and Rick at the time, it's hard for me to choose whether it was well timed or not... It helped develop the plot of season 2, but outside of that didn't seem well timed...

Dale: To me, I felt like Dale's death came to early... That's probably just bias on my part because I really liked Dale for his wisdom, but it didn't seem well timed or even creatively thought out... Here we have probably the wisest man in the group, and he goes out in the middle of the night by himself when he is always otherwise making wise choices? What the heck happened to have him make that one stupid decision when a majority of his other ones were life preserving decisions? I get he's only human, but still kind of silly. His death would have been better at the time the farm was overrun so his statement about not letting the world world take him down with it when everything went south could hold true.

Andrea: Oh my gosh... If there was one person's death who couldn't come quick enough for me, it was this one... Andrea was incredibly annoying through the show in almost everything she did. She wasn't Carl-annoying, but she was darn close... How she escaped death time and time again astounds me with her careless decisions. Even when she died, she wasted (and yes, I counted) at least a minute and a half talking to Milton instead of trying to free herself! Talk about stupidity at its finest... Her death didn't come quick enough and we could have saved ourselves a lot of migraines if she had stayed put in the CDC when it went kaboom...

Hershel: I will say flat out that I think the decision to kill off Hershel was one of the poorest decisions the creators could have made... I liked Hershel a lot, and with his death, the show took a major hit... His death will/has hindered a lot of characters and takes away the somewhat light tone he brought to the group. Without him, the group is just...dark and somewhat blah... There's no morality, humorous life, or any sort of humanity within the group really anymore... Maybe I'm just perceiving things differently, but Hershel's death was huge, and probably a loss that will hurt the show from here on out... They needed Hershel in my opinion to balance out everything else that was going on...

Honorable Mentions: Two deaths that were big, but not show defining big were Milton's and Merle's. In my opinion, Merle went a bit too early. I'd rather have seen him go in the season 3 finale than when he was killed off. Milton's death though was fairly well timed. I didn't really care for his character, but how he died was unique and incredibly welcomed. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR KILLING ANDREA!!!

Aside from those, there is only one person in the show I absolutely want to see go, and that is Carl... My gosh, Carl is the most annoying character I have ever seen in a show... He is a careless brat who doesn't think anything through. While I get that he's just a kid growing up in this post apocalyptic world, I'd love to see a teenager who is so stupid that they almost die from choices they've made and continue to make those same stupid decisions over, and over again... I swear there are times I think he's more brain dead than the walkers...

Long story short, Carl is incredibly annoying and I would be glad to see him go from the show... I know that's never going to happen, but I still want to see it happen... I'm stumped how he even made it this far... Michone said it best when she said that stupid gets you killed... And yet, despite everything Carl has done, he's still here... A mystery if I've ever seen one...

Friendly Consumer

I miss Hershel, the Governor and Dale, in that order crying

6,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Biscuitty
I miss Hershel, the Governor and Dale, in that order crying
I miss you Mary , I didn't saw you eating bob BBQ crying emotion_donotwant

Ruthless Hellraiser

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
Most of the deaths came at the right time to drive the plot on, much as we'll miss them.
As far as Andrea..
Poorly executed version of a comics mainstay. She should still be alive, with Rick's group, if not for the inconsistent writing that drove her character to its grave.

(I miss the Governor too, but he went at just the right time.)
merle went way too soon.

shane went way too late.

lizzie went way too late

if i didn't mention someone, i don't care about them.

Bloblike Loiterer

Dale was gone way too soon fer me and I will forever hate Carl just that little bit extra fer keeping his mouth shut which in part led to Dale's untimely death. Iono why he'd go out alone at night either, but still damn Carl.

Merle was gone too soon as well. While I know his death was a pivotal moment in growth fer Daryl's character (not having to live under his brother's shadow and maybe making poorer choices to appease Merle), I miss the hell outta him. I thought he was an awesome a*****e, with a foul humor and a fierce sense of loyalty. Had he been given a chance to prove himself at the prison or if he decided to go back or take Michonne with him, I think he'd of been an excellent character to have around. But then, at the same token, surely the Governor would've been dead much earlier on and we wouldn't have had the story development. Still, though...RIP.

Andrea's death wasn't soon enough fer me. Her character kinda grated my nerves throughout and well before season 3 I was ready to see her go. Her loyalties were to her hormones cause time and again she was led by them into fallingfor the wrong man, not seeing the dickwad beneath the appealing surfaces. Her poor choices, while human, were stupid and she deserved what she got. I only really felt bad fer Michonne in Andrea's final scene.

Hershel's death was so unbelievably screwed. How many could live with the harsh cruelties of their current reality and be able to keep such levity and wisdom about him at the worst possible times? I. Miss. Hershel. His was by far the most sadistic character death on the show because it was entirely out in the open fer everyone who knew and loved him to see. I could cry right now, just thinking of it.

Lori's was well timed and I'm glad she's gone cause she irked me almost as much as Andrea. I think her death contributed more to the story/character development than Andrea's.

Greedy Bear

8,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
I feel like Mika's death was too soon, I would've liked for her to grow up alongside Carol. And grow as a person in the same way Carol did. How she would be soft and vulnerable at first but grow into a really tough, strong woman. And then we could of had another character that grows up with the show other than Carl. Because we all know what Carl is like. Her character could of been so much more. I really felt like the whole Lizzie and walkers thing had very little meaning.

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I miss lots of the characters, but many of them died at appropriate times. For instance, I would have loved to see Shane stick around longer to see how he would govern the group differently than Rick does, but this isn't Shane's story. Keeping him around would mean Rick would have to go, and I understand that the writers can't/won't do that. I really loved The Governor and Merle too, but we can't logically keep all these "antagonists" around if we hope for the main "good" characters to live. I knew as soon as Merle tried to murder Glenn that Merle couldn't stay on the show. How could Glenn forgive that? It wasn't just Merle beating him up. He actually left him tied to a chair in a room with a zombie. That was attempted murder, and horrific, cruel murder too. Merle had to die, even though Michael Rooker is amazing and I loved the character.

The characters I would have liked to stay on the show because I don't think they reached their character's full potential are:

Sophia - she grew up in a family that was really ******** up. She was kind of Carl's opposite. Carl had a wonderful, loving family and a dad who would do anything for him. Sophia's father was an abusive pervert. It would have been interesting to see Sophia grow up alongside Carl, and would have been nice to see them interact. However, if Sophia hadn't died, then Carol would probably still suck. Or maybe not...

Andrea - Jesus Christ. I don't even need to explain this one. You all know.

Dale - he was a part of one of my favorite comic scenes. I was very sad when he died because I thought I may never get to see that scene on the show... TAINTED MEAT!! (Looks like Bob Stookey may help me with this though.)

T-Dog - the writers kept promising us that T-Dog would finally step into the foreground and do important things... And then they killed him on the basis that they wanted Lori's death to be more shocking. His death had no meaning. It was bullshit. It was very poor writing. And then they had Glenn tell us how wonderful T-Dog was, and how generous and caring he had been. Um... Why the ******** didn't they ever SHOW us this? Why did they have to kill him for shock value and then just have Glenn narrate his characteristics to us? T-Dog deserved to have more scenes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff