Welcome to Gaia! ::

What would you bring from your household in the beginning of a zombie apocalypse? And what would be your plan?

Please be realistic!

This is of course of if I thought I even needed to leave
So first off I would start with the two bows in my garage( I don't remember how to shoot but I like to think I could pic it up again)( I only have about five arrows) I would put those in my car( right now I have about a half tank of gas) , next I would grab my backpack fill it with all the food and medicine I could and of course a can opener maybe even some candles. Grab all the other bags in my house ( about 3 small bags and at least one really big one). Fill one with clothes and boots. grab my dads guns( 2 hunting rifles , one handgun) his ammunition is already in his hunting bag so I would grab that to . (All of these things would be going in my car, at this point I'm not sure where I would be going , but I'll probably be looking for a group of people ((assuming there good people))

I know it's not a great plan, but I'm not really sure what to do(this is one reason for the topic)

So what are your ideas? What would you do? Find any loopholes in my plans?(please tell me!)
this whole plan seems very unsure. I would just stay in my house, do normal things. o:

X_icewhip_X's Husband

Intellectual Mage

6,600 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Don't go by car. If you go buy car, you're dead.

Just trust me on this, the first few hours of infection are going to be utter hell (take dawn of the dead, both the remake and the original, for example). Roads are going to be jammed and blocked with discarded cars, wreckage, and the undead.

I would take the bow, but I wouldn't really rely on it as your main weapon of defense, if you aren't certain of your abilities. Keep it and practice with it, but use another weapon to keep yourself defended, something simple. I would use the rifles, if you're familiar with them, until you get accustomed to the bow. It could save your life, when you learn to shoot again, as they are quiet compared to a gun.

As for when to leave? I would say probably about three, maybe four days? Long enough for the general chaos to end, but not late enough so that massive hoards could form.
Drizzt88

Just trust me on this, the first few hours of infection are going to be utter hell (take dawn of the dead, both the remake and the original, for example). Roads are going to be jammed and blocked with discarded cars, wreckage, and the undead.

I would take the bow, but I wouldn't really rely on it as your main weapon of defense, if you aren't certain of your abilities. Keep it and practice with it, but use another weapon to keep yourself defended, something simple. I would use the rifles, if you're familiar with them, until you get accustomed to the bow. It could save your life, when you learn to shoot again, as they are quiet compared to a gun.

As for when to leave? I would say probably about three, maybe four days? Long enough for the general chaos to end, but not late enough so that massive hoards could form.

I wouldn't say that buying a car is an instant death situation. But if you do buy a car, which you won't, cause there's gonna billions of them, and it's a zombie break-out, so what store owners would be there. I wouldn't use a bow. It's quiet, but you only have a limited supply, which, and if, you find a hoard, you're not gonna shoot, then grab, shoot then grab, you're gonna run. So i would switch to a bat or knife.

X_icewhip_X's Husband

Intellectual Mage

6,600 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Funstructive
Drizzt88

I wouldn't say that buying a car is an instant death situation. But if you do buy a car, which you won't, cause there's gonna billions of them, and it's a zombie break-out, so what store owners would be there. I wouldn't use a bow. It's quiet, but you only have a limited supply, which, and if, you find a hoard, you're not gonna shoot, then grab, shoot then grab, you're gonna run. So i would switch to a bat or knife.

Yeah, I agree about it not being definite. I mean, there's an infinite number of variables. My thoughts were mostly on the amount of debris, etc, that would block the road, but there are times when it would be safer to be in a vehicle than not.

As for the bow, I meant as an alternative weapon (especially if you have a vehicle.) You can use a knife to make arrows, from sticks, if necessary, and most retail stores (like walmart, provided you're foolish enough to brave it) will have a large supply, as most people won't be going for it. I wouldn't recommend using it against a hoard, but it could be used to silently take out a lone zombie, without causing a commotion, or for hunting animals when food is scarce.

I agree about the bat being a good choice for a weapon, especially an aluminum one.
I would bring photo books, so I never forget my time before...ERRR, some blankets, totally blankets. FOOD and WATER, but that's obvious already. I'm not sure. Are we in a situation where everyone in your family has died...or..?

Dedicated Hunter

Living in Australia makes surviving a zombie apocalypse tricky as guns are illegal. So, with basically no weapons I'd have to make do with a piece of wood or something. Ooh! Golf clubs! I have my dads golf clubs. So I'd take those and some knives from the kitchen. I'd fill every container in the house with water so that I was prepared for when the power and water went off. I'd grab candles, torches, batteries, food, medicine, a few photos and some warm and cold weather clothes. I'd also get blankets, tarp, rope and useful shizz like that.

I'd hole up inside my house for a few days. Board up doors and window and wait out the initial chaos. Then I'd think about finding a 4x4 and getting to the country. Less people = less zombies. From there I'd consider getting a boat or something and finding some people to form a group with. Of course before I leave my house I'd have to release all my animals. It breaks my heart to think of leaving them but realistically, they can't come with me.

ISo yeah. Then I'd travel to a small island somewhere off the coast and live there I guess until things settle a bit. If I'm gonna live on an island, I better have sunscreen and a hat too ;P
in the event of a zombie apocalypses i would grab my bug out bag which contains MRIs, water filter, iodine tablets, light weight -10degree sleeping bag, light weight tent, metal match, extra amo for my .22, cordage, a good quality multitool, ziplock bags, duck tape, several empty water bottles, a first aid kit, and a machete. i also have a .22 that straps to my leg for quick use.

this is a bag that i have weighed out and tested.

bring it zombies!
I'd bring a butcher knife, and then a couple of the little knives for quick stabs to the head. I might bring my 3DS and some games for the hell of it; who knows? Then I'd grab some bats from my garage. Great for killing zombies, and they don't need to be sharpened. Plus it deals more damage than knives, unless you're good at actually getting them in the head. Scissors, too.

Virtually, if all else fails, my plan is this: A gun, a haircut, and a plan. Just like Chuck said.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff