Welcome to Gaia! ::

what if Beth got killed on purpose to save the group?
just hear me out for a minute. Dawn saw Noah as her property. this is why even when he escaped and clearly had no intentions of returning, she had her cops out looking for him to force him back. her snarky little remark of "I knew you'd be back" that she makes to Noah (but really to Beth) was her way of making sure that everyone (mostly Beth) knew who's in charge. she views Noah as her property, and she will not tolerate losing what she views as hers, even if it means coercing negotiation deals with lives on the line and forcing people to live in a place that they don't want to. by this point Dawn also views Beth as her property, or her "ward". who's to say she wouldn't do to Beth what she did to Noah? she clearly has more people and firepower than Rick, so all she would have to do is wait until they leave and then have her cops follow and attack them, probably killing everyone else, and kidnapping Beth again. and i know there will be questions as to why she wouldn't have just done this after the deal they had settled on and re-kidnapped both Noah and Beth this way instead of attempting to change the deal, and the reason is Dawn not wanting to look weak. she changed the deal to prove that she could, so she would look strong in front of her people. waiting until Rick and his group left and then attacking them could have come off as cowardly and not good for her already negative image. while changing a negotiation deal in the middle of it also isn't exactly great for her image either, the thing that we've learned Dawn is most concerned with is looking weak and not in control, which is why she attempts to do it anyways. Beth must have (maybe) figured all this out and known that Dawn would try to get her back as well, so she stabbed Dawn knowing that best-case scenario: Dawn dies and she doesn't have to worry about it anymore, worst-case scenario: Dawn kills Beth and she doesn't have to worry about Dawn coming after her group to re-kidnap her anymore. at least this is how Beth would have viewed it, since the actual worst-case scenario would be her act of violence casing a shooting spree between both sides and everyone getting killed, so it isn't exactly the smartest plan, but understandable in the heat of the moment. so maybe Beth acted as sort of a martyr so save her group from Dawn and her obsession with power? what do you guys think?

Divine Vampire

19,850 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Hm... maybe so. "I get it now." Maybe that's what she understood?
It was all very odd. Let's be real here, Beth knows better than to stab someone in the collarbone if she's trying to take them out. They all do at this point.
You do make a good point. I agree that someone had to be sacrificed in order for Rick's group could all leave alive. I don't think Dawn would willingly let them leave with either Beth and/or Noah because she viewed them as her property (probably because they're young?)

The TV show of TWD (The Walking Dead), is very different then the original comic book series...which I believe has ended. In the comic book Beth's death was very different; and much sooner in the storyline if I am remembering correctly. The TV show made her go out a hero, and I think that is justified because Beth has changed as a character from the beginning to where her story ended. I just wonder what the second half of the series will bring.
That's a good take on it but I don't think Dawn really meant to kill anyone. She wanted Noah back so she wouldn't look weak. You're right. I mean, it's pretty obvious if the other group walks away with everything and you end up making all the concessions. So she wanted them to give Noah back to her to show her own group who was still in charge.

Beth stabbing her was something she didn't think would happen. I think Dawn is a bit trigger happy. After she shot Beth, her look was more shocked than calculating. Instead of immediately going into another attack, she actually looked towards Rick's group with an expression that seemed to be asking for forgiveness.

Fashionable Kitten

Alecia-Bennett
You do make a good point. I agree that someone had to be sacrificed in order for Rick's group could all leave alive. I don't think Dawn would willingly let them leave with either Beth and/or Noah because she viewed them as her property (probably because they're young?)

The TV show of TWD (The Walking Dead), is very different then the original comic book series...which I believe has ended. In the comic book Beth's death was very different; and much sooner in the storyline if I am remembering correctly. The TV show made her go out a hero, and I think that is justified because Beth has changed as a character from the beginning to where her story ended. I just wonder what the second half of the series will bring.

Beth wasn't in the comic book. Maggie's sisters were different people entirely. Like Daryl, Bob, and Tara, Beth was a TV-show only character.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff