Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Lunatic

Forbidden Oasis
I've actually put some thought into this. Considering that their diet is no much, they probably skip periods very often due to not taking in a lot of calories. There is also the constant exercise they are getting and the emotional stress of an apocalypse that interferes with things.
True. Could you imagine fighting walkers with cramps xp

Anxious Lover

11,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Illegitimate Princess
Forbidden Oasis
I've actually put some thought into this. Considering that their diet is no much, they probably skip periods very often due to not taking in a lot of calories. There is also the constant exercise they are getting and the emotional stress of an apocalypse that interferes with things.
True. Could you imagine fighting walkers with cramps xp

Ugh, that would be the pits Dx It's hard enough to walk with cramps!

Omnipresent Lunatic

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Illegitimate Princess
puII it out
The zombies can use scent to recognize other zombies but they do not use it to track. They use sound and sound alone to detect food.
What about when they were rubbing blood on the gate to lure them close enough to kill through the chain links.

well for one I'll say it this way, the walking dead is and always will be inconsistant. The closest I can really say is that it heard the rattle on the fence to say to go there and then was in close enough proximity to smell human blood to try to lick it.
they also had a walker pick up a doll on the first episode and in other parts of the season had them use rocks as tools to break open a door. Traits no zombies should have.

Sparkly Darling

16,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Forbidden Oasis

Very true. lol

Dangerous Capitalist

4,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
puII it out
Illegitimate Princess
puII it out
The zombies can use scent to recognize other zombies but they do not use it to track. They use sound and sound alone to detect food.
What about when they were rubbing blood on the gate to lure them close enough to kill through the chain links.

well for one I'll say it this way, the walking dead is and always will be inconsistant. The closest I can really say is that it heard the rattle on the fence to say to go there and then was in close enough proximity to smell human blood to try to lick it.
they also had a walker pick up a doll on the first episode and in other parts of the season had them use rocks as tools to break open a door. Traits no zombies should have.
Maybe they do retain some knowledge, certain ones. If someone has a resistance to the disease or something. Who are you to say what traits a zombie can or cannot have?
Sai Sakurai
emotion_awesome I've often wondered about that. But it makes sense that they've left out that stuff.

well yeah no one really wants to watch periods and its not really the most exciting thing now. Though it would be one hell of an in-depth show
No but really the apocalypse has been going on for a really long time, how many damn pads/tampoons are they carrying?! I mean only the supplies for winter could take a full backbag.

And for the body hair: Not really that many men are growing a huge beard or growing their hair real long, which in a way seems odd because in that kind of setting shaving would be the least I'd be thinking about.

I mean it seems like the ladies shave their armpits and PLUG THEIR EYEBROWS quite often and I just can not see how they'd have time for all that..

Omnipresent Lunatic

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Ultra Choppa
puII it out
Illegitimate Princess
puII it out

Maybe they do retain some knowledge, certain ones. If someone has a resistance to the disease or something. Who are you to say what traits a zombie can or cannot have?

the only reason I can say anything on these specific zombies is when the man in the lab told them only this single portion of their brain works and drives them to do this. The activities I mentioned involve parts of the brain which are not in active effect and thus should not be happening
puII it out
Illegitimate Princess
puII it out

When it seems to be one lone walker, the walker is pretty stupid. I think when you get them in groups though their intelligence increases. They take on more of a hunting/pack mentality. At least that was an observation my husband noticed.

The show is for entertainment value. There will always be questions and things that aren't consistent. It drives me crazy when they are covered head to toe in zombie blood, its in their eyes, sometimes even gets int their mouth and yet they never turn.

Newbie Gaian

Dangerous Capitalist

4,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
puII it out
Ultra Choppa
puII it out
Illegitimate Princess
puII it out

the only reason I can say anything on these specific zombies is when the man in the lab told them only this single portion of their brain works and drives them to do this. The activities I mentioned involve parts of the brain which are not in active effect and thus should not be happening
I just chalk that up to science doesn't figure everything out at once, they even admit they don't know if it's fungal or microbial, etc. The zombies they saw were "standard" and didn't have any higher function. But maybe they evolve or there are some people with a higher resistance, leading to more intelligence after turning.

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
Probably not, or we'd see it happen.

But then, most TV shows leave this kind of stuff out.

Intellectual Lunatic

puII it out
Illegitimate Princess
puII it out

Depends on the lore, but in the walking dead universe they shouldn't be able to do that.

Intellectual Lunatic

Scolithy
Sai Sakurai
emotion_awesome I've often wondered about that. But it makes sense that they've left out that stuff.

well yeah no one really wants to watch periods and its not really the most exciting thing now. Though it would be one hell of an in-depth show
If this show was on HBO or similar channels, I can't even imagine how insanely cool it would be. Sadly, we're limited by the tv-14 rating crying

Intellectual Lunatic

Prince Karakuri
No but really the apocalypse has been going on for a really long time, how many damn pads/tampoons are they carrying?! I mean only the supplies for winter could take a full backbag.

And for the body hair: Not really that many men are growing a huge beard or growing their hair real long, which in a way seems odd because in that kind of setting shaving would be the least I'd be thinking about.

I mean it seems like the ladies shave their armpits and PLUG THEIR EYEBROWS quite often and I just can not see how they'd have time for all that..
They have day spas in the zombie apocalyptic wasteland.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff