Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Reveler

7,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Timid 100
Does anyone know? I can't stop thinking about that scene where the doctor whispers something in Rick's ear right before they leave the CDC. WHAT THE HELL DID HE SAY?!?!?! gonk

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
No one knows. It's basically Chekhov's Gun for the series. Some people think that the doctor tells Rick that the zombie virus is airborne though.

Shameless Reveler

7,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Timid 100
Yukino Makoto-kun
No one knows. It's basically Chekhov's Gun for the series. Some people think that the doctor tells Rick that the zombie virus is airborne though.

That was one of my guesses. It's driving me crazy, especially since the show doesn't give you any hints about it or anything. It doesn't even flash back to it. It's so weird, almost like they kind of want you to forget about it... ninja

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Manifest Mizery
Yukino Makoto-kun

That was one of my guesses. It's driving me crazy, especially since the show doesn't give you any hints about it or anything. It doesn't even flash back to it. It's so weird, almost like they kind of want you to forget about it... ninja

They'll have to bring it up eventually. Rick ALMOST says it during his voiceover/CB radio call during the first episode of the season, when he's warning Morgan and his son to stay away from Atlanta. But then he stops himself. There's actually a bit of a discussion about this going on, on TV Tropes.
But if it's airborne why wouldn't he tell everybody?

Dapper Dabbler

6,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Citizen 200
badonyx
That could make everyone panic and/or give up and just commit suicide. Like he said to Hershal, he's just trying to let them be hopeful, believe in salvation. Even if he doesn't.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
PsychoFreak99
badonyx
That could make everyone panic and/or give up and just commit suicide. Like he said to Hershal, he's just trying to let them be hopeful, believe in salvation. Even if he doesn't.

This.

Plus, now we're maybe getting hints about it. In "18 Miles Out", with the two dead cops, and how Rick and Shane were wondering how they died. Shane was like, "There's no bites," and Rick said, "It must be scratches." He could easily be hiding the truth about it being airborne. Also, when Rick killed the fat guy in the bar, he shot him twice, so the guy was going to die anyway. Rick didn't need to do a headshot TOO, unless he was worried the fat guy might become a walker afterwards.

Omnipresent Cultist

There's the likely chance that he said that anyone who dies, regardless of how they died, will become a walker. So bites aren't necessary. Let's say airborne in the sense that you've got the infection but it only shows itself once you die.

SPOILER IN WHITE
If I recall correctly, that's actually what happened in the comic. It's why Rick goes back to the old campsite in the comic to where Shane is buried to dig him up and shoot the zombie Shane.

cyberninja909 rolled 7 20-sided dice: 4, 2, 7, 11, 19, 12, 1 Total: 56 (7-140)

exclaim exclaim exclaim Spoiler Warning exclaim exclaim exclaim

ninja
ninja ninja
ninja ninja ninja
ninja ninja ninja ninja
ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja
ninja ninja ninja ninja
ninja ninja ninja
ninja ninja
ninja

Everone has the Viris all ready.
Death starts the change.
I'm glad I found this thread. I just assumed the doctor told him that Lori was pregnant, because they all had to get blood tests to be able to enter the CDC, so Dr. Jenner would know about that. But I've never really thought about this other stuff.

Awesome. biggrin
That's actually good to know. And also a bit terrifying...

Widow

Dangerous Wife

Yukino Makoto-kun
that would be my guess too.
spoilers if you havent read the comics.>>Or at least that you dont have to be bit to be turned

Dapper Dabbler

6,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Citizen 200
Yukino Makoto-kun
PsychoFreak99
badonyx

This.

Plus, now we're maybe getting hints about it. In "18 Miles Out", with the two dead cops, and how Rick and Shane were wondering how they died. Shane was like, "There's no bites," and Rick said, "It must be scratches." He could easily be hiding the truth about it being airborne. Also, when Rick killed the fat guy in the bar, he shot him twice, so the guy was going to die anyway. Rick didn't need to do a headshot TOO, unless he was worried the fat guy might become a walker afterwards.
Good observation. I assumed the second shot was because the fat guy was still holding a gun, and could easily aim and pull the trigger in a last act of vengeance before death. Although I did notice in the 18 Miles Out area when Rick was piled on my zombies, one of them was trying to scratch at/through his shirt, and he looked utterly terrified at that.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Vitalli
Yukino Makoto-kun
spoilers if you havent read the comics.>>Or at least that you dont have to be bit to be turned

For right now, I'm sort of separating the comics universe and TV show universe. Because, remember that when they were on the highway, they saw lots of dead people in their cars, who hadn't been bit or turned. They were just dead from car accidents. IIRC, the director of the TV show said something about they died in car crashes and that's why they didn't turn to walkers. So we really don't know if whatever makes you a walker is airborne or has to be transmitted some other way.

Widow

Dangerous Wife

Yukino Makoto-kun
Vitalli
Yukino Makoto-kun

For right now, I'm sort of separating the comics universe and TV show universe. Because, remember that when they were on the highway, they saw lots of dead people in their cars, who hadn't been bit or turned. They were just dead from car accidents. IIRC, the director of the TV show said something about they died in car crashes and that's why they didn't turn to walkers. So we really don't know if whatever makes you a walker is airborne or has to be transmitted some other way.
Im happy either way, i love this series as a whole.
it still bugs me that they dont tell you what the doctor said though whee
especially at the beginning of season two, when rick is talking to the radio.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff