6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
PsychoFreak99
Yukino Makoto-kun
PsychoFreak99
badonyx
But if it's airborne why wouldn't he tell everybody?
That could make everyone panic and/or give up and just commit suicide. Like he said to Hershal, he's just trying to let them be hopeful, believe in salvation. Even if he doesn't.

This.

Plus, now we're maybe getting hints about it. In "18 Miles Out", with the two dead cops, and how Rick and Shane were wondering how they died. Shane was like, "There's no bites," and Rick said, "It must be scratches." He could easily be hiding the truth about it being airborne. Also, when Rick killed the fat guy in the bar, he shot him twice, so the guy was going to die anyway. Rick didn't need to do a headshot TOO, unless he was worried the fat guy might become a walker afterwards.
Good observation. I assumed the second shot was because the fat guy was still holding a gun, and could easily aim and pull the trigger in a last act of vengeance before death. Although I did notice in the 18 Miles Out area when Rick was piled on my zombies, one of them was trying to scratch at/through his shirt, and he looked utterly terrified at that.

Rick actually shot the fat guy 3 times total. Twice in the chest/gut area, then the headshot once the fat guy was down on the ground. I thought it was badass, but somewhat overkill since they should be conserving bullets. Then I remembered the "maybe it's airborne" thing.

And yeah, Rick looked completed freaked when he was getting piled on by the walkers. He was really trying to avoid contact with them.

Shameless Reveler

7,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Timid 100
Yukino Makoto-kun
PsychoFreak99
Yukino Makoto-kun
PsychoFreak99
badonyx
But if it's airborne why wouldn't he tell everybody?
That could make everyone panic and/or give up and just commit suicide. Like he said to Hershal, he's just trying to let them be hopeful, believe in salvation. Even if he doesn't.

This.

Plus, now we're maybe getting hints about it. In "18 Miles Out", with the two dead cops, and how Rick and Shane were wondering how they died. Shane was like, "There's no bites," and Rick said, "It must be scratches." He could easily be hiding the truth about it being airborne. Also, when Rick killed the fat guy in the bar, he shot him twice, so the guy was going to die anyway. Rick didn't need to do a headshot TOO, unless he was worried the fat guy might become a walker afterwards.
Good observation. I assumed the second shot was because the fat guy was still holding a gun, and could easily aim and pull the trigger in a last act of vengeance before death. Although I did notice in the 18 Miles Out area when Rick was piled on my zombies, one of them was trying to scratch at/through his shirt, and he looked utterly terrified at that.

Rick actually shot the fat guy 3 times total. Twice in the chest/gut area, then the headshot once the fat guy was down on the ground. I thought it was badass, but somewhat overkill since they should be conserving bullets. Then I remembered the "maybe it's airborne" thing.

And yeah, Rick looked completed freaked when he was getting piled on by the walkers. He was really trying to avoid contact with them.

I was sitting there watching that thinking, "why is he holding his breath??" This is all becoming clear.... ninja

Liberal Noob

Everyone on earth has the virus.
That's what the doctor told Rick.
When you die naturally, you turn into a zombie.
If you're bitten, the virus accelerates in your body and you die // come back as a zombie.

Now watch, Lori's unborn baby is going to be born with some immunity to the virus and save all of 'dem in a very cliche way.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Manifest Mizery

I was sitting there watching that thinking, "why is he holding his breath??" This is all becoming clear.... ninja

It was a pretty intense scene. Rick proved he's badass though.
I bielieve he was telling rick that lori was preg when he was talking into the radio he thought he didnt need to say it to the guy with the kid becauselike he said it realy doesnt matter. Its not like it would make a difference if the guy new about it because he doesnt even know ricks wife. emotion_zombie

Omnipresent Cultist

Im The Panda
I bielieve he was telling rick that lori was preg when he was talking into the radio he thought he didnt need to say it to the guy with the kid becauselike he said it realy doesnt matter. Its not like it would make a difference if the guy new about it because he doesnt even know ricks wife. emotion_zombie

I don't think he did because Rick didn't know about the baby until he stumbled across the plan b pills.

Going to go with everyone has the virus.
Yukino Makoto-kun
Vitalli
Yukino Makoto-kun
No one knows. It's basically Chekhov's Gun for the series. Some people think that the doctor tells Rick that the zombie virus is airborne though.
that would be my guess too.
spoilers if you havent read the comics.>>Or at least that you dont have to be bit to be turned

For right now, I'm sort of separating the comics universe and TV show universe. Because, remember that when they were on the highway, they saw lots of dead people in their cars, who hadn't been bit or turned. They were just dead from car accidents. IIRC, the director of the TV show said something about they died in car crashes and that's why they didn't turn to walkers. So we really don't know if whatever makes you a walker is airborne or has to be transmitted some other way.

This.

Also, if the doctor told Rick it's airborne then you would get infected through injuries faster. Why would he cut his hand open if he knew that? Especially his hand because he would have to use it a lot when defending himself.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
badonyx
Yukino Makoto-kun
Vitalli
Yukino Makoto-kun
No one knows. It's basically Chekhov's Gun for the series. Some people think that the doctor tells Rick that the zombie virus is airborne though.
that would be my guess too.
spoilers if you havent read the comics.>>Or at least that you dont have to be bit to be turned

For right now, I'm sort of separating the comics universe and TV show universe. Because, remember that when they were on the highway, they saw lots of dead people in their cars, who hadn't been bit or turned. They were just dead from car accidents. IIRC, the director of the TV show said something about they died in car crashes and that's why they didn't turn to walkers. So we really don't know if whatever makes you a walker is airborne or has to be transmitted some other way.

This.

Also, if the doctor told Rick it's airborne then you would get infected through injuries faster. Why would he cut his hand open if he knew that? Especially his hand because he would have to use it a lot when defending himself.

Well, if it's airborne, then Rick knows he's already infected, so it doesn't matter if he cuts his hand. We just don't know.

Besides, if you watch closely, he puts a bandaid on after he cuts his finger at the fence.

Dapper Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I dunno but i want to know so badly!
Yukino Makoto-kun

Well, if it's airborne, then Rick knows he's already infected, so it doesn't matter if he cuts his hand. We just don't know.

Besides, if you watch closely, he puts a bandaid on after he cuts his finger at the fence.

He doesn't have to be infected already if it's airborne. There are plenty of diseases which are airborne that doesn't mean everybody is already infected. Even after putting on a bandaid though he'd still be at a greater risk of infection.

Either way i hope they let us know what the doctor said before the season is over.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
badonyx
Yukino Makoto-kun

He doesn't have to be infected already if it's airborne. There are plenty of diseases which are airborne that doesn't mean everybody is already infected. Even after putting on a bandaid though he'd still be at a greater risk of infection.

Either way i hope they let us know what the doctor said before the season is over.

I think they KNOW the fans are killing themselves wondering what the big secret is.

Questionable Borg

badonyx
Yukino Makoto-kun

Wouldn't a bandaid decrease infection, I mean pathagens can't get through a band-aid.
Mayor Gravity
badonyx
Yukino Makoto-kun

Wouldn't a bandaid decrease infection, I mean pathagens can't get through a band-aid.

I dont know but my blood can seep through a bandaid wouldn't that mean the zombie blood can also seep through from the other side? i didnt see him put on a bandaid but im sure he doesnt have a proper one, probably just a piece of cloth. plus when he uses his hand it would bunch up right?

Divine Paladin

8,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Brandisher 100
i think the doctor must've warned him not to bang the zombies. it makes your pee pee rot off.
I dont know...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces