Welcome to Gaia! ::

*****IF YOU DIDN'T FINISH SEASON 3 - DON'T READ THIS!! GO BACK!! smile *****

In Season 3 episode 7 when Merle drags Glenn and Maggie back to Woodbury, I knew something bad was going to happen. After watching Merle interrogate and humiliate Glenn - The Governor decides to go to Maggie for information. However, when Glenn and Maggie have guns to their head, Merle shakes his head at Glenn, a sign to not give information on where his camp is. I know this was to protect his brother but I don't understand why he brought them there in the first place when he KNEW the Governor would get involved.

I know the show needs to be juicy but I don't want to settle for that answer because I over-analyze the character's decisions.

Am I just not seeing something here or is anyone else puzzled about this?

Newbie Gaian

Hygienic Capitalist

4,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
I don't really know why he would have done that. I haven't seen that particular episode, but I have read much further in the comic series and the TV show has become only loosely based on the comics. There's not even a Merle and Darrel in them! sweatdrop

Dangerous Capitalist

4,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
OwlPlays
I don't really know why he would have done that. I haven't seen that particular episode, but I have read much further in the comic series and the TV show has become only loosely based on the comics. There's not even a Merle and Darrel in them! sweatdrop
Wanted to make things even more badass. I heart both of them.

Eloquent Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
Emmy Wolfy
*****IF YOU DIDN'T FINISH SEASON 3 - DON'T READ THIS!! GO BACK!! smile *****

In Season 3 episode 7 when Merle drags Glenn and Maggie back to Woodbury, I knew something bad was going to happen. After watching Merle interrogate and humiliate Glenn - The Governor decides to go to Maggie for information. However, when Glenn and Maggie have guns to their head, Merle shakes his head at Glenn, a sign to not give information on where his camp is. I know this was to protect his brother but I don't understand why he brought them there in the first place when he KNEW the Governor would get involved.

I know the show needs to be juicy but I don't want to settle for that answer because I over-analyze the character's decisions.

Am I just not seeing something here or is anyone else puzzled about this?
I just watched the clip and holy s**t you are right.
The governor says, "Now one of you is gonna give up your camp." Then Merle shakes his head very clearly. Of course, this could just mean he is looking out for his brother, but maybe he doesn't really like the governor and is planning to join Rick's group.
I can't wait for the 10th to come around now.
>:U

Conservative Hunter

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Big Tipper 100
You know Merle don't like the Gov..and yeah brought the 2 back in place of the missing Michonne..but to nod, signaling Not to give out the info..yes, hes tryin to keep his brother safe, for now, and knows the Gov will do anything eventually to get what he wants.Using people in any case scenario, the Gov will get his way, Merle's crazy yes, but not psycho lunatic like the Gov. though genius as he seems.
*Sigh*

Watching it again, It did seem like Merle brought them in replace of Michonne. Such a stupid thing to do... but I can't wait to figure out what's going to happen to everyone.

Thanks for the responses!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces