Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ladykiller

Daryl and Glen are as far as I'm concerned the most popular characters on the show, they need to give them just as much screentime as Rick and Lori, if not more. I think there have been whole episodes without the presence of Daryl or Glen.
Honestly, why do the producers think we care that much about Rick's and Lori's family drama? I sure as hell don't.
They should also give T-Dog some god damn lines, it's like they only keep a black guy around just so they won't be considered racist. rolleyes

Who do you think should get more/less screentime in season 3?

Apocalyptic Friend

Popularity doesn't necessarily mean more screen time is deserved. Glen is popular... why? I don't see it. He hasn't done much, action-wise, since the first season when he rescued Rick from the tank. And the Season 3 finale. But everyone had to do their thing in the finale, so it's not like he's particularly outstanding in that matter. Other than that, he's been just another guy on Hershel's farm. Daryl, that I can understand---the guy has excellent hunting skills, has a long-range silent weapon, and is likely extremely capable of surviving out on his own for a long period of time. As for Glen's popularity, I can't see it. Or, at least, not yet. Glen has a great skill for scavenging, and he should be seeing more action in the next season.

T-Dog, I don't know what's going on with him. He spoke more lines in the finale than he did for the entire second season, it seems. He has virtually nothing to do on that show but exist. It's a shame. He's able-bodied and NOT mentally broken, and yet Carol gets more screen time and lines than he does. It's very strange.

Also, Rick is the main character, so anyone directly interacting with him is going to get the most screen time (like Lori and Carl). So that just makes sense, seeing the interactions and dynamics between them. The Walking Dead is a zombie story, sure, but the real horror of it all is what previously rational, level-headed people are/can be reduced to when the s**t hits the fan.

Azorii's Wife

Wheezing Sophomore

Michonne
Popularity doesn't necessarily mean more screen time is deserved. Glen is popular... why? I don't see it. He hasn't done much, action-wise, since the first season when he rescued Rick from the tank. And the Season 3 finale. But everyone had to do their thing in the finale, so it's not like he's particularly outstanding in that matter. Other than that, he's been just another guy on Hershel's farm. Daryl, that I can understand---the guy has excellent hunting skills, has a long-range silent weapon, and is likely extremely capable of surviving out on his own for a long period of time. As for Glen's popularity, I can't see it. Or, at least, not yet. Glen has a great skill for scavenging, and he should be seeing more action in the next season.

No, see Glenn is popular for a completely different reason than Daryl
I mean if he was just as badass as Daryl was, we wouldn't even need Daryl would we?
We love Daryl cause he is badass redneck with awesome tracker skills, a crossbow and
crazy sex face (thats right I said it!) What more could we possibly want?

We love Glenn because he is more like a guy we can actually relate to
he is lovable and delightfully oblivious at times, young and still developing as a person.
A real "guy next door" quality. And perhaps out of everyone he is the less troubled
only thing he had to get over was learning to say "I love you" which is a reminder
of how young he really is and also that geeky charm he carries like any lead of
some Judd Apatow directed romantic comedy, such as Michael Cera in Superbad or Juno. And that's why people love him...just for him being him.

Apocalyptic Friend

Rouge Summations
Michonne

No, see Glenn is popular for a completely different reason than Daryl
I mean if he was just as badass as Daryl was, we wouldn't even need Daryl would we?
We love Daryl cause he is badass redneck with awesome tracker skills, a crossbow and
crazy sex face (thats right I said it!) What more could we possibly want?

We love Glenn because he is more like a guy we can actually relate to
he is lovable and delightfully oblivious at times, young and still developing as a person.
A real "guy next door" quality. And perhaps out of everyone he is the less troubled
only thing he had to get over was learning to say "I love you" which is a reminder
of how young he really is and also that geeky charm he carries like any lead of
some Judd Apatow directed romantic comedy, such as Michael Cera in Superbad or Juno. And that's why people love him...just for him being him.

Hmmm... Glen as the nice guy you can relate to... I can understand that. Besides, he's one of the only, what, three young adults? Everyone else in the group is significantly older, and Carl is just a kid. So I can figure that, yeah. 3nodding

Friendly Gaian

Season 2 was all about shane's drama. season 3 looks very promising for glen and daryl. it was cool when they tracked randall together emotion_bigheart

Dangerous Shapeshifter

With the third season I do hope they throw T-dog in there more. I want to know more about him as a character. And if they show more of Dayle and Glen it would be great.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff