Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bunny

Yukino Makoto-kun
Wazzup84
Yukino Makoto-kun
KarasuDono
Sounds like everyone hates them and find them unrealistic. I like the idea of the show but I've never actually seen it. Reading even some of these makes me question if I even should.

No, everyone (well, not me) hates them because they're TOO REALISTIC. I guess the second there's a zombie apocalypse, EVERY WOMAN IN THE WORLD has to turn into Alice from the Resident Evil movies. And if you're not her, you're s**t that doesn't deserve to live.

stressed

That's why I've said before that this whole thread is damn misogynistic.

I mean i dont HATE them, i just really dont like them because they are always whining

It's fine if you don't like them. You don't have to like everyone in the world. But I think it's stupid that everyone expects the women on the show to be Alice or Buffy or Michonne. Actually, if they WERE, I'd probably stop watching. I like the show because it's realistic, in the sense that these are everyday normal people put into impossible situations. The point is to see how they cope with a drastically changed world.

Also, you don't see these same people whining about how useless the men are. T-Dog? He gets injured and does nothing for the group. Dale is old and all he does is complain and sit on the roof of his RV. Carl is bait. Shane is a murdering a*****e. Rick was in a coma and now he's too soft to make the "hard" decisions. Glenn is walker bait, too. Daryl could be awesome except he's a background character who got shot in the head, fell down a ditch and now he's being emo and whining about how no one appreciates him.

See? It goes both ways. But it's easier and more "acceptable" to whine about a woman ACTING LIKE A WOMAN instead of being some superhero goddess who can burn zombies with laser vision.

Your standards. Reassess them.

lololol y so serious?
but no really normal every day whiny type girls wouldn't live in this world... expect so see them all getting bites or loseing limbs very soon soon....

As for your pointing out the bad in the men you failed to point out their good features thats what makes them creditable...

Dale = Humain, has car repairing ability, reasoning skills, wise beyond years and makes a wonderful guardian (he saved many lives)
Carl = Is just a kid he is no "MAN" He is not gunna be much help at this age..
Rick = So devoted to his family he will do what ever it takes, he is a father who protects his son. He goes on any mission to help anyone even if some one else thinks its dumb. Skill with driving and guns do to his profession. Fearless and a leader. Brings law and reason.
Glenn = The fastest runner and is always doing anything for the team. E.I getting meds for lori's baby, and helping rick from the tank.
Shane = Skill with driving and guns do to his profession. Fearless and a leader. Questions law and reason. He is the counter to rick, writers add charcters like this to add tension so that its not a bland read where no one questions the rule.
Daryl = I dont recall him getting shot in the head, it only grazed him? But he is an amazing hunter. Deadly aim. He is the only one I see actually hunting wild animals for food..
T-Dog = We have not had a chance to find out much about him... my guess is the actual actor had to take a mild break from the filming, and that could be why they wrote in him getting injured.. or for all we know it took him a super long time to recover just like carl and he was laying in the next room (but lets face it even irl everyone would focus on the kid... not the loner)
Hershal = A doctor.

The women have no REAL survival skills to aid in for the team. They mooch off what the men do. At least andrea seems to be a better shot now >.> sad that shes better with a screwdriver
Yea, at first I like the girl the Asian guy hooked up, but now she seems to being of a cry bady for me. Never like Rick's wife, she more or less a interrogator, Andrea is warped in the mind; the rest of the women are cry babies....they should put my sister on the show=b***h from hell with little to no emotions of sympathetic xp No she would become a loss cannon and likely get into a fight the majority of the girls besides women who lost her daughter; however, I do think most girl would like my sister if she was one of the characters on the show.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
[[Red Death]]

lololol y so serious?
but no really normal every day whiny type girls wouldn't live in this world... expect so see them all getting bites or loseing limbs very soon soon....

As for your pointing out the bad in the men you failed to point out their good features thats what makes them creditable...

Dale = Humain, has car repairing ability, reasoning skills, wise beyond years and makes a wonderful guardian (he saved many lives)
Carl = Is just a kid he is no "MAN" He is not gunna be much help at this age..
Rick = So devoted to his family he will do what ever it takes, he is a father who protects his son. He goes on any mission to help anyone even if some one else thinks its dumb. Skill with driving and guns do to his profession. Fearless and a leader. Brings law and reason.
Glenn = The fastest runner and is always doing anything for the team. E.I getting meds for lori's baby, and helping rick from the tank.
Shane = Skill with driving and guns do to his profession. Fearless and a leader. Questions law and reason. He is the counter to rick, writers add charcters like this to add tension so that its not a bland read where no one questions the rule.
Daryl = I dont recall him getting shot in the head, it only grazed him? But he is an amazing hunter. Deadly aim. He is the only one I see actually hunting wild animals for food..
T-Dog = We have not had a chance to find out much about him... my guess is the actual actor had to take a mild break from the filming, and that could be why they wrote in him getting injured.. or for all we know it took him a super long time to recover just like carl and he was laying in the next room (but lets face it even irl everyone would focus on the kid... not the loner)
Hershal = A doctor.

The women have no REAL survival skills to aid in for the team. They mooch off what the men do. At least andrea seems to be a better shot now >.> sad that shes better with a screwdriver

I just get a bit annoyed because in shows like this, women always have to be the "superwoman" to be considered "decent" or even "okay", while men get a pass on being acceptable just because they're men. It's a definite gender bias that's present everywhere in society.

And I didn't point out the positives for the men, because very few people here point out the positives for the women, unless it's related to Andrea being able to shoot (once again, a "male" oriented skill in general). I've pointed out before in this thread IIRC, that what do you really expect from the group of women that we've been given on the show so far? Housewives and urban professionals don't really rank high on the list of survival, and it's been, what? Maybe 3 months since the zombie outbreak? That's not a lot of time. The men we're given in the cast come ALREADY prepared with skills from their pasts (cops/crazy rednecks, etc). If we had some woman on the show who was a cop, or in the army, or something like that, and she was crying all the time and doing absolutely nothing, then I would get pissed.

Lori = Human, can keep a level head. She's also been shown to be able to kill a walker physically using improvised weapons after being in a car crash. Also shown to know how to shoot/care for weapons properly.
Andrea = Is now learning to shoot/care for a weapon properly (remember that even though she had a gun, her dad gave it to her for protection and she had never really used it before).
Maggie = Can ride horses and has amazing aim from horseback (she brained that walker with a bat). Has some medical knowledge from her dad. Also knows a lot about running a farm, which is useful for food/safety/etc.
Carol = Severely abused housewife who managed to protect her daughter from her husband's ***** advances, and is still alive even though now her daughter is dead. That's a great accomplishment by itself.
Patricia = Medical knowledge. Farm knowledge.

Aged Gekko

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100
Yeah, I liked most of the female characters in the books, but they play them off as completely different on the screen. And, different isn't always bad, but in this case it really is. THe only female character in the show so far that I can honestly say I liked from start to present is Maggie.

Bunny

Yukino Makoto-kun
I just get a bit annoyed because in shows like this, women always have to be the superwoman to be considered decent or even okay, while men get a pass on being acceptable just because theyre men. Its a definite gender bias thats present everywhere in society.

And I didnt point out the positives for the men, because very few people here point out the positives for the women, unless its related to Andrea being able to shoot once again, a male oriented skill in general). Ive pointed out before in this thread IIRC, that what do you really expect from the group of women that weve been given on the show so far? Housewives and urban professionals dont really rank high on the list of survival, and its been, what? Maybe 3 months since the zombie outbreak? Thats not a lot of time. The men were given in the cast come ALREADY prepared with skills from their pasts cops/crazy rednecks, etc). If we had some woman on the show who was a cop, or in the army, or something like that, and she was crying all the time and doing absolutely nothing, then I would get pissed.

Lori = Human, can keep a level head. Shes also been shown to be able to kill a walker physically using improvised weapons after being in a car crash. Also shown to know how to shoot/care for weapons properly.
Andrea = Is now learning to shoot/care for a weapon properly remember that even though she had a gun, her dad gave it to her for protection and she had never really used it before).
Maggie = Can ride horses and has amazing aim from horseback she brained that walker with a bat). Has some medical knowledge from her dad. Also knows a lot about running a farm, which is useful for food/safety/etc.
Carol = Severely abused housewife who managed to protect her daughter from her husbands ***** advances, and is still alive even though now her daughter is dead. Thats a great accomplishment by itself.
Patricia = Medical knowledge. Farm knowledge.

I think the poster and most these people mean they dislike the characteristics of the women. They dont do much at all... You dont have to be a pro zombie slayer or superwoman to be a badass its not just pshical ability. IMO alot of your opions sound sexist within its self. Shooting is not a male driven ability in our world and saying a female cop crying would offend you is just redic. Most cops are compassionate it helps keep them from getting a viod. The reality is alot of those examples you gave was oh the ladys can kill zombies but every one can do this. But the ladies only end up doing so when they messed up and its coming at them never helping teammate. Oh and everyone has lost family thats not a contribute to the group to say well She just marching on despite!

3,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I agree. For male characters, we have Rick and Darryl (heterosexual white men in peak physical condition), and everyone can pretty well agree that they are the most venerable characters in the show. Unfortunately, we don't have any female characters like that. Andrea is the closest, but she has been given so many negative traits... UGH, the Shane thing. Get it out of my head.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
[[Red Death]]

I think the poster and most these people mean they dislike the characteristics of the women. They dont do much at all... You dont have to be a pro zombie slayer or superwoman to be a badass its not just pshical ability. IMO alot of your opions sound sexist within its self. Shooting is not a male driven ability in our world and saying a female cop crying would offend you is just redic. Most cops are compassionate it helps keep them from getting a viod. The reality is alot of those examples you gave was oh the ladys can kill zombies but every one can do this. But the ladies only end up doing so when they messed up and its coming at them never helping teammate. Oh and everyone has lost family thats not a contribute to the group to say well She just marching on despite!

The point I'm trying to make is that the characteristics of the women that everyone seems to dislike, tend to be the characteristics that are inherently part of women. I happen to like that we're still seeing caring and nurturing people (not just women), because that's the kind of hope and humanity that I'd want to see in a desperate situation.

And I purposefully chose those examples because that seems to be all that anyone cares about in this thread. And, I'd like to point out that shooting/fighting/martial skill is still considered a mostly male-oriented activity today, even if anyone can do it. Just ask any woman who has partaken training in those skills, and there's a 99% chance that she'll have been told: "Oh, you're pretty good for a girl" sometime in her life. Yes, many cops are compassionate, which is a good thing and a necessary thing considering the job they do.

However, you missed the point I was making about a female cop/soldier/whatever. IF we had some awesomely trained woman as a character, one who had the skills and background to shoot and fight and kill zombies with the best of them, BUT all we saw of her was her being in the background and not contributing at all positively, I would be pissed. Not a situation where she was crying because her whole family was killed.

Unfortunately, this show, like many shows, is driven towards a male demographic. Which means we're learning a lot about the men in the show -- actually, not all the men, it's mostly Rick and Shane right now -- and the women and other supporting characters are getting the shaft. I'm hoping this will change as the series progresses.
I can tolerate maggie. As for the other female characters...Well i just can't stand Lori and andrea. I find carol kind of creepy sometimes.

Bunny

Yukino Makoto-kun
[[Red Death]]

The point I'm trying to make is that the characteristics of the women that everyone seems to dislike, tend to be the characteristics that are inherently part of women. I happen to like that we're still seeing caring and nurturing people (not just women), because that's the kind of hope and humanity that I'd want to see in a desperate situation.

And I purposefully chose those examples because that seems to be all that anyone cares about in this thread. And, I'd like to point out that shooting/fighting/martial skill is still considered a mostly male-oriented activity today, even if anyone can do it. Just ask any woman who has partaken training in those skills, and there's a 99% chance that she'll have been told: "Oh, you're pretty good for a girl" sometime in her life. Yes, many cops are compassionate, which is a good thing and a necessary thing considering the job they do.

However, you missed the point I was making about a female cop/soldier/whatever. IF we had some awesomely trained woman as a character, one who had the skills and background to shoot and fight and kill zombies with the best of them, BUT all we saw of her was her being in the background and not contributing at all positively, I would be pissed. Not a situation where she was crying because her whole family was killed.

Unfortunately, this show, like many shows, is driven towards a male demographic. Which means we're learning a lot about the men in the show -- actually, not all the men, it's mostly Rick and Shane right now -- and the women and other supporting characters are getting the shaft. I'm hoping this will change as the series progresses.

wow, no wonder you like them.... your super sexist, make up statistics, and state your opinions as fact... welp I'm done chatting with you there is no point.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
[[Red Death]]
Yukino Makoto-kun
[[Red Death]]

wow, no wonder you like them.... your super sexist, make up statistics, and state your opinions as fact... welp I'm done chatting with you there is no point.

*salutes*

There's no point in me talking to you either. If you think I'm sexist, you're greatly mistaken. You happen to be stating your opinions as fact as well, so I guess we're both in the wrong. Except that I like realistic characters, who act in realistic ways. If I wanted otherwise, I'd watch the Resident Evil movies.

Oh, and just to back myself up, here you go: Gun Control statistics.

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

Bunny

Yukino Makoto-kun
[[Red Death]]
Yukino Makoto-kun
[[Red Death]]

*salutes*

There's no point in me talking to you either. If you think I'm sexist, you're greatly mistaken. You happen to be stating your opinions as fact as well, so I guess we're both in the wrong. Except that I like realistic characters, who act in realistic ways. If I wanted otherwise, I'd watch the Resident Evil movies.

Rofl! No I never did. emotion_facepalm

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
[[Red Death]]

You never did what exactly?
Yes, yes they really do.

I kin d of hate how the woman are portrayed- perhaps there is a good one?

Well, at least there was one good character...

Until he got eaten. sad

Bunny

Yukino Makoto-kun
[[Red Death]]

You never did what exactly?

Haha wow. That chart on that site... Pretty fail. It doesn't account for male + female household, and in gender catagory we cann't even tell if the men and women % is its probably just an over all.... ALOT of women won't own the gun simply because the husband already has one and they perhaps share the resourse since its most commonly for protection.

That graph is only accounting for registered owned guns.. That doesn't reflect on your gun related ideas thatall womans skill on using one "that they will get sass for being a girl" or that only men are believed to be good and use them as majority.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff