Why spoilers :/

Friendly Gaian

7,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
Ericapocalypse
OhPamcakes

I for one don't care for the changes because of Robert Kirkman. Also, the story wasn't completely changed. Morgan Jones was the same and you KNOW Rick will end up going back for him like he did in the comics. The camp zombie attack was the same, and even Hershel's farm. So even though the storyline is changed, it's still very similar. I personally, like the new twists and not knowing what will happen next. It's like it is a new version of the comics.

Shane should be dead, Andrea is a pissy b***h and isn't with Dale, Sophia is now dead, Lori tried to abort her baby and she TOLD Rick about her and Shane (which she NEVER does, she dies before she can). They have changed so much and have added in crap and taken out important parts. If the black guy with them is supposed to be the replacement for Tyrese, I am disappointed. Shane and Andrea NEVER happened because Shane SHOULD BE DEAD. It's just tofjdksafhdsaj I wouldn't mind if the changes they made added to the show, but I feel like they've only taken away. Besides Daryl. I ******** love Daryl.

Like I said, it's not suppose to be 100% exactly like comics. The show is it's own thing, the comic books just laid down the foundation for it.
Even Robert Kirkman said that on The Talking Dead when people kept complaining about it.
Hey can yall send me gifts? i rlly need some things

Unbeatable Lover

I feel that the show at this point is just dragging things out. And any major changes from the comic are less to explore the story in new and interesting directions and more to try to prove that they are different than the comic, which just doesn't work for storytelling. Killing Sophia was the writers way of trying to prove that just like in the comic anyone can die at anytime, but it was way too little too late. If they had actually developed Sophia as a character there would have been some impact, but when she was around she was just there and she was missing so long any impact her death could have had was lost.
SecureInMyMasculinity
I feel that the show at this point is just dragging things out. And any major changes from the comic are less to explore the story in new and interesting directions and more to try to prove that they are different than the comic, which just doesn't work for storytelling. Killing Sophia was the writers way of trying to prove that just like in the comic anyone can die at anytime, but it was way too little too late. If they had actually developed Sophia as a character there would have been some impact, but when she was around she was just there and she was missing so long any impact her death could have had was lost.

I completely agree. I wouldn't mind the changes if they benefited the show in some way, but they are more fillers than anything.
And this is the difference between TV and comics.

The fact of the matter is, there's no way that everyone would be satisifed with the show, however it had been made. There are too many constraints when it comes to adapting books and comics into film, especially the kinds with a lot of material to cover. While fans of the series would watch, they also have to draw in new audiences and that requires more flair and dramatic pacing. But if they had gone by the comics, the series would've been moving even more slowly than it has, or it'd be a watered-down version of the comics - which would've probably been just as much of an insult to disgruntled fans.

Like people say, just look at it as a separate universe. Even if you don't like how it's going, you'll probably still watch because you honestly don't know what's going to happen next. That's why I like it, and I'm a big fan of the comics, myself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff