Welcome to Gaia! ::

With "Sasha" being pregnant, do you think she will be killed off?

Yes 0.38461538461538 38.5% [ 15 ]
No 0.61538461538462 61.5% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 39 ]

Mind-boggling Humorist

I don't think Sasha is on the zombie hit-list yet, maybe the baby thing is going around the groups and several others
It's interesting ninja

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
thisduderighthere
no she wont die. eventually everyone will have a baby and the show will turn into "zombie day care".

Carl would have so many new little friends in five or so years. Carl could start his own little kid zombie killing army. Or it'd be like Carol teaching the kids to kill in the prison before the fever took over.

As for sasha, hopefully she won't get killed off. Best option would probably be to have her run away from the group for some reason toward the end of the season so she has the most time for paternity leave. She'll be about 1/2 through her pregnancy by the time the show returns in march or whenever. Rosita could probably replace her for a bit if she ditches abraham.

Sparkly Fatcat

Desna
They'll probably have to let her go. Either killing her off or maybe write her off the show by another means.

The idea they could write her pregnancy into the show is unlikely. For one, her character was never seen interacting or even caring about Bob (or vice-versa) until they were forced together on the road after the prison fell. That was the time they started to bond. But that situation would not give them any opportunity to have a roll in the hay. They were in tight spots all the time, They certainly weren't having relationships in the boxcar, and they wouldn't have had any time alone after the escape from Terminus. So saying she got pregnant thanks to Bob would be a stretch.

Plus, even though the show has been on for 4-5 years now, only about a year or 2 has gone by in the story. The time between episodes and sometimes tv seasons are usually just a few days or a few hours. They'd need a several month timeskip if they were going to say Sasha got pregnant and why she's got a baby bump already. And I don't think the current flow of the story would allow for a time skip like that. But I guess we'll find out where things will leave off at the end of this season.

Also, I would tend to consider an in-show pregnancy as a death sentence, anyway.

If they don't start shooting the next season until after the winter months are over, she'll definitely be showing that baby bump. Even if they used a lot of clever camera angling, doing a lot of fighting/action scenes, being on your feet on set, and daily activity would be asking a bit much of a pregnant woman. It's not like they are in the prison anymore. I suppose they could find Sasha a poncho to wear, but it's still stretching things a bit on an action show like TWD. She'd need to disappear eventually for several months after the birth to nurse and care for the baby and herself (as well as lose any baby weight to maintain consistency) before she could think about returning to work. She'd be giving birth right in the middle of the months where they do their filming.

How they could write her off... I don't know. A sudden death at the beginning of season 6 would be pretty lame. But probably necessary if there isn't a place they could realistically leave Sasha behind or explain why she'd suddenly want to leave the group. I can't see a gentle and loving character like Tyreese's leaving her behind all alone, though. Right now killing her off suddenly in the first couple of episodes of season 6 seems about all they can do to explain her removal of the show without breaking up the cast or disturbing the current storylines flow.

The only thing that would work out for her character is if the show reaches the Alexandria Safe-Zone from the comic book by the end of season 5 and she blends in with the rest of the people there and rarely appears through season 6 of the tv show. But she might be killed off there anyway.

tl;dr
I can't wait to see what happens.

Lonely Phantom

They'll probably have to let her go. Either killing her off or maybe write her off the show by another means.

The idea they could write her pregnancy into the show is unlikely. For one, her character was never seen interacting or even caring about Bob (or vice-versa) until they were forced together on the road after the prison fell. That was the time they started to bond. But that situation would not give them any opportunity to have a roll in the hay. They were in tight spots all the time, They certainly weren't having relationships in the boxcar, and they wouldn't have had any time alone after the escape from Terminus. So saying she got pregnant thanks to Bob would be a stretch.

Plus, even though the show has been on for 4-5 years now, only about a year or 2 has gone by in the story. The time between episodes and sometimes tv seasons are usually just a few days or a few hours. They'd need a several month timeskip if they were going to say Sasha got pregnant and why she's got a baby bump already. And I don't think the current flow of the story would allow for a time skip like that. But I guess we'll find out where things will leave off at the end of this season.

Also, I would tend to consider an in-show pregnancy as a death sentence, anyway.

If they don't start shooting the next season until after the winter months are over, she'll definitely be showing that baby bump. Even if they used a lot of clever camera angling, doing a lot of fighting/action scenes, being on your feet on set, and daily activity would be asking a bit much of a pregnant woman. It's not like they are in the prison anymore. I suppose they could find Sasha a poncho to wear, but it's still stretching things a bit on an action show like TWD. She'd need to disappear eventually for several months after the birth to nurse and care for the baby and herself (as well as lose any baby weight to maintain consistency) before she could think about returning to work. She'd be giving birth right in the middle of the months where they do their filming.

How they could write her off... I don't know. A sudden death at the beginning of season 6 would be pretty lame. But probably necessary if there isn't a place they could realistically leave Sasha behind or explain why she'd suddenly want to leave the group. I can't see a gentle and loving character like Tyreese's leaving her behind all alone, though. Right now killing her off suddenly in the first couple of episodes of season 6 seems about all they can do to explain her removal of the show without breaking up the cast or disturbing the current storylines flow.

The only thing that would work out for her character is if the show reaches the Alexandria Safe-Zone from the comic book by the end of season 5 and she blends in with the rest of the people there and rarely appears through season 6 of the tv show. But she might be killed off there anyway.

Wheezing Smoker

14,800 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Arschgeweih
So, Sonequa Martin-Green, aka "Sasha" is pregnant.

After hearing this news it has me wondering if Sasha will most definitely be killed off now.
Or perhaps she had herself some tainted Bob meat too and she'll remain on the show. wink

What do you think?

TAINTED BOB MEAT
omg I spat my drink

Sparkly Fatcat

thisduderighthere
no she wont die. eventually everyone will have a baby and the show will turn into "zombie day care".

Muhahahahaha rofl

Fashionable Explorer

10,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • That One Hero 500
i hope she doesn't tho lol D: dat'll sux so much xp

Sparkly Fatcat

Queequeg89
Filming around that is totally possible. She can either be pregnant on the show too, or they can film her stunt double from behind for full-shots, and just film her face for other scenes. Gillian Anderson was pregnant while she was on The X-Files in season 2 and she only missed one episode. They just wrote around it and filmed her wearing baggy stuff and more shots of just her face. Sure, you could tell if you were looking for it, but this is television. We can just assume Sasha has been sneaking a lot of chocolate pudding.

It's possible that she won't want to be on the show anymore if she wants to take care of her baby, and Sasha has mostly been a background character, so if she dies, I won't be surprised.

Maybe they can time filming so that the most noticeable part of her pregnancy won't even need to be worked around. There are always episodes where certain characters split off from the others. They can film some with a different group as the focus while she's super preggers.

TL;DR but yeah I'm super curious what they're going to do.

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Filming around that is totally possible. She can either be pregnant on the show too, or they can film her stunt double from behind for full-shots, and just film her face for other scenes. Gillian Anderson was pregnant while she was on The X-Files in season 2 and she only missed one episode. They just wrote around it and filmed her wearing baggy stuff and more shots of just her face. Sure, you could tell if you were looking for it, but this is television. We can just assume Sasha has been sneaking a lot of chocolate pudding.

It's possible that she won't want to be on the show anymore if she wants to take care of her baby, and Sasha has mostly been a background character, so if she dies, I won't be surprised.

Maybe they can time filming so that the most noticeable part of her pregnancy won't even need to be worked around. There are always episodes where certain characters split off from the others. They can film some with a different group as the focus while she's super preggers.

Sparkly Fatcat

SincerelyNeon
I don't think she'll get killed off just because she is pregnant. I hope they write it in.... You know, but then she and Rick can bond over their lost lovers. Y'know, cause Bob is the Dad... unless she gets raped or something during the show by the guards at the Hospital and they make that the pregnacy....

IRL it could be good cause she gets to work with her child, no separation.

I hope she doesn't get written out. I hope she lives.

I hated Lori by the way. I felt bad for everyone that had to deal with her loss.

It's hard to say what will happen, but I'm rather curious now knowing these facts, tbh. If she does end up dying, well, that's going to suck because I like Sasha. crying

Anxious Browser

I don't think she'll get killed off just because she is pregnant. I hope they write it in.... You know, but then she and Rick can bond over their lost lovers. Y'know, cause Bob is the Dad... unless she gets raped or something during the show by the guards at the Hospital and they make that the pregnacy....

IRL it could be good cause she gets to work with her child, no separation.

I hope she doesn't get written out. I hope she lives.

I hated Lori by the way. I felt bad for everyone that had to deal with her loss.

Sparkly Fatcat

En Noir
If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets taken out.
But poor Tyreese. :'l

I know, right? crying

Muse

If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets taken out.
But poor Tyreese. :'l

Sparkly Fatcat

So, Sonequa Martin-Green, aka "Sasha" is pregnant.

After hearing this news it has me wondering if Sasha will most definitely be killed off now.
Or perhaps she had herself some tainted Bob meat too and she'll remain on the show. wink

What do you think?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces