Welcome to Gaia! ::

why don't they call them zombies?
i actually like the name change.
random capooty
that's not what I asked but ok whatever
It's strange that in zombie movies/shows, they rarely talk about other zombie references in pop culture.
The Credits
random capooty
that's not what I asked but ok whatever

yah idk why. they just dont.
psyst3m
It's strange that in zombie movies/shows, they rarely talk about other zombie references in pop culture.
it is rather obnoxious tbh
Sometimes they've called them zombies, I think.

I'm guessing the name may have stuck with them. Then again, they usually call them whatever they prefer. I know in the game, Lee called them walkers, Katjaa referred to them as "those things", and Molly called them geeks.

Apocalyptic Capitalist

8,875 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
I think it might be because they wanted to do their own thing or possibly trying to stick to the original comic. I never read it so I'm just making an assumption. I prefer the change though. Zombie is kind of a harsh word and might cause people to be put off by it. The word 'Zombie' is kind of comical too at times.

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
psyst3m

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. It seems to be, in these "worlds", that such a thing as "zombie" has never existed before, fictional or otherwise. I guess that makes it more interesting when they actually encounter these dead beings, since they don't have any previous knowledge of how to kill them or what they are.

There's a new movie coming out.. can't remember the name of it, but it looks rather silly, but anyway, they actually reference them as Zombies, and I actually thought that was a little odd, yet cool.

Versatile Vampire

It could be as ZRT Unit 1 said. Or perhaps everybody is still in such shock and continuous denial of this happening they don't want to to say the 'z word'. It's already hard enough to believe, so feeding the myths, legends, and horrors are salty in wounds. Sorta harsh saying 'Walkers' or 'Biters', but they all gotta cope somehow. A bit of a fuzzy headcanon in my book.

Conservative Genius

8,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
because they don't rolleyes

Beloved Vampire

9,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Regular 100
1)Because Zombies have never existed ion there universe so they call them what they are- walkers. I personally HATE the Term Geeks it just makes no sense to me.

2) The whole not using the word Zombie is a homage to Romero I believe , thinking about it I can't remember the last film that did

Newbie Noob

The Credits
why don't they call them zombies?

Because that would be copyright.

3nodding

Versatile Noob

6,700 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
A lot of the characters in the show believe that they are still somewhat human in some aspect, so instead of calling them Zombies (which would refer to completely dead and otherwise useless to life) They call them Walkers because a lot of people lost loved ones to the Walkers and that's not how they want to remember them. Just an assumption, but it sounded cool....

Eloquent Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
Maybe because in most zombie fiction they have never experienced anything zombie related. Hence why the government fell because of lack of knowing what to do with the infected.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff