Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why are the seasons so short? Actually that not the problem i have myproblem is that it showed like 10 episodes then it took a 1 year break then only 13 more eps i mean what the hell? i don't kno if its different in the states im in the UK. emotion_zombie

Lonely Traveler

12,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Well season 1 was only 6 episodes long because it was expected not to go over very well with views. But when the show boomed in views they upped it to 13 episodes this season. Once again this season the views tripled from last season and next season is going to be longer.
Xeyous
Why are the seasons so short? Actually that not the problem i have myproblem is that it showed like 10 episodes then it took a 1 year break then only 13 more eps i mean what the hell? i don't kno if its different in the states im in the UK. emotion_zombie
I don't think AMC (the TV channel it airs on in the U.S.) thought it would be a huge hit, so they only ordered 6 episodes. Season 3 will have 16 episodes while this season only had 13.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
It's also a money issue. This isn't a show built for long 26+ episode seasons. Yet. ninja The first season had 6 episodes, but every single episode had movie production quality values.
King-Kai91
Xeyous
I don't think AMC (the TV channel it airs on in the U.S.) thought it would be a huge hit, so they only ordered 6 episodes. Season 3 will have 16 episodes while this season only had 13.

Ahh i see, i think the show is quite good, it is another typical zombie/infection/post-apocoliptic theme but it is a little bit more unique... emotion_zombie
Yukino Makoto-kun
It's also a money issue. This isn't a show built for long 26+ episode seasons. Yet. ninja The first season had 6 episodes, but every single episode had movie production quality values.

In the UK there are so many ads i thought they would have loads of money!!
Xeyous

AMC doesn't have very deep pockets. The other networks all turned the show down, and the overseas distribution is handled, I believe, by FOX, since AMC can't even do that.
AMC puts on some great shows, unfortunately, with limited budgets being offered to them, they have to reduce the number of episodes so that they can make quality over quantity.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
One thing to consider as well is how much money they'd have to spend on special effects. It probably takes waaay too much time and money to get the zombies in costume.

High-scoring Werewolf

11,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Blame AMC for milking their franchises. They put the mid season cliffhanger/hiatus in their to sell ad time, I'm sure.
Old Blue Collar Joe
Xeyous

AMC doesn't have very deep pockets. The other networks all turned the show down, and the overseas distribution is handled, I believe, by FOX, since AMC can't even do that.
AMC puts on some great shows, unfortunately, with limited budgets being offered to them, they have to reduce the number of episodes so that they can make quality over quantity.

In the UK we watch it on "FX" (fox) its quite a popular channel,shows like family guy and NCIS are on their so i thought it was the same for america, just had a look on amc channel on wikipedia and ur right they look very low budget. Hopefully they get more views so we can get some more walking dead yum_puddi

Shirtless Conventioneer

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Yukino Makoto-kun
Not to mention, if the cast keeps dying off at the rate they have been, no one will be left. lol.

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Xeyous

my friends ex stepmom is a walking dead addict rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces