9,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
VirginianRanger
NeonHazardSign
VirginianRanger
xXXcopperloveXXx
WTF...... I;m watching walking dead rite now----yes rite now----n like randall was a zombie but Daryl and Glenn couldnt find any bites on him!!! can somebody tell me how he turned to a walker without getting bit????

Well, since a lot of people believe it's airborne then maybe someone sneezed on him and he turned.

That's not how airborn works. . . . Everyone has it because evryone breathes the air, which the virus is in. It's not a germ. . . .

My reply was partly meant to be humorous(since you know the zombies aren't going to cover up and use a Kleenex), but actually that is how airborn works. Coughing and sneezing are the two best ways to transmit a virus or germ, next to direct contact(touching) and we all know never touch a zombie 'cause you don't know where they've been.

I stoped reading your comment at "My reply was partly meant to be humorous" & then when "AHHHH lol, I see"

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
NeonHazardSign
VirginianRanger
NeonHazardSign
VirginianRanger
xXXcopperloveXXx
WTF...... I;m watching walking dead rite now----yes rite now----n like randall was a zombie but Daryl and Glenn couldnt find any bites on him!!! can somebody tell me how he turned to a walker without getting bit????

Well, since a lot of people believe it's airborne then maybe someone sneezed on him and he turned.

That's not how airborn works. . . . Everyone has it because evryone breathes the air, which the virus is in. It's not a germ. . . .

My reply was partly meant to be humorous(since you know the zombies aren't going to cover up and use a Kleenex), but actually that is how airborn works. Coughing and sneezing are the two best ways to transmit a virus or germ, next to direct contact(touching) and we all know never touch a zombie 'cause you don't know where they've been.

I stoped reading your comment at "My reply was partly meant to be humorous" & then when "AHHHH lol, I see"

FINALLY!!!! Someone that has a sense of humor!! Y'know, I've posted a lot in different forums and everyone seems to be so uptight and on edge. I was beginning to think that was all that was on this site. I'm glad you proved me wrong.

Aged Gekko

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100
First off, can someone confirm that the lack of bite marks on the two cops is what that scene was about? I have been hearing a lot about that lately. I have read the books and understood that plot point already and honestly did not make that significant connection to the scene or episode in general. I figured the two dead zombie cops were supposed to represents friendship or loyalty of some kind? Seeing as it really looks like Rick is ready to leave Shane in that bus but then his sights linger on the two dead guys. Next we see him and Randall hauling a** to the rescue. I saw it more as a reason for Rick to never give up on Shane since they were more like brothers.

As for the virus, yeah pretty much what everyone has been saying already? I am not a 100% sure from memory if this is how they find out in the book and it isn’t a spoiler at this point since the character is dead. But, in the book Dale is bitten in the ankle and we all are led to believe he is screwed. In an act of desperation they cut his leg off and he turns out to be ok. If memory serves this is when they realize the bites or scratches act more like venom or any other poison. The actual process of being turned will happen either way.

And a side note, the already being infected part is probably my least favorite part of the story. I mean, I understand that is why is it called “The Walking Dead”… but I find it kind of pointless. Whenever I would see or read these zombie apocalypse tales I always figured survival would come out to 1 of 2 things. It was either so you could stay alive long enough to outlive the virus/ find a cure… or to live the rest of your life and die peacefully knowing you weren’t going to come back as the undead (Seeing as in most cases it’s the bites that turn you.). The fact that you are infected either way kind of takes to joy and motivation out of wanting to live.

Invisible Genius

9,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
VirginianRanger
NeonHazardSign
VirginianRanger
NeonHazardSign
VirginianRanger
xXXcopperloveXXx

FINALLY!!!! Someone that has a sense of humor!! Y'know, I've posted a lot in different forums and everyone seems to be so uptight and on edge. I was beginning to think that was all that was on this site. I'm glad you proved me wrong.

It pretty much is all that's on this site, but I would have laughed sooner if I had realized it was a joke. XD

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
NeonHazardSign
VirginianRanger
NeonHazardSign
VirginianRanger
NeonHazardSign

It pretty much is all that's on this site, but I would have laughed sooner if I had realized it was a joke. XD

I'm starting to see that. Too much of it in real life to have to deal with it in here. Glad you got the joke tho. XD

Aged Gekko

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100
@ VirginianRanger:

I have no intention of starting an argument but I was wondering what you meant in the above comment about that being how airborne illnesses/viruses worked? It looks like meant it is spread by coughing and sneezing?

Unbeatable Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
WokThaPhoc
xCyclonic

The only reason why I have been coming back is because it is funny to see you run on fumes over a silly little arguement about whether it is airborne or not airborne. A majority of WD fans currently believe it is airborne. Now you can say you don't give a ********, but I'm telling you anyways because you're the one that came in this thread calling everyone a retard and a dumbass. Respect people's opinions and as of right now, their opinions say it is airborne. It doesn't matter if they will be wrong in the later episodes. Most likely, they will. But, the great thing about having a mystery of what caused the outbreak in the series is for fans guessing what it is.Now, I'm finishing this arguement.

Run on fumes over a silly little argument? Are you a dumbass?
It's an argument, I just randomly stop in the middle saying "bye"? You are a dumb a**.
LOL How would you know what the majority thinks. You mean the few posts of people saying "I think its airborne, is it?"
And as said in the show, EVERYONE IS INFECTED, WHICH IS WHAT I WAS SAYING. And you posted just now, after the episode, so SHUT THE ******** Up.
I was jokingly calling everyone a dumbass/retard, can you not even understand that?
Peoples opinions? I haven't disrespected them, and why do you keep talking like you are talking for other people when it's just you? You are irritating..
It DOES matter if they (you) will be wrong in different episodes, IT'S A DAMN ARGUMENT.
Finishing this argument? Good, don't reply again, you got your a** whooped with words and you are annoying.

Stubborn Protector

15,200 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Magical Girl 50
xCyclonic
WokThaPhoc
xCyclonic

The only reason why I have been coming back is because it is funny to see you run on fumes over a silly little arguement about whether it is airborne or not airborne. A majority of WD fans currently believe it is airborne. Now you can say you don't give a ********, but I'm telling you anyways because you're the one that came in this thread calling everyone a retard and a dumbass. Respect people's opinions and as of right now, their opinions say it is airborne. It doesn't matter if they will be wrong in the later episodes. Most likely, they will. But, the great thing about having a mystery of what caused the outbreak in the series is for fans guessing what it is.Now, I'm finishing this arguement.

Run on fumes over a silly little argument? Are you a dumbass?
It's an argument, I just randomly stop in the middle saying "bye"? You are a dumb a**.
LOL How would you know what the majority thinks. You mean the few posts of people saying "I think its airborne, is it?"
And as said in the show, EVERYONE IS INFECTED, WHICH IS WHAT I WAS SAYING. And you posted just now, after the episode, so SHUT THE ******** Up.
I was jokingly calling everyone a dumbass/retard, can you not even understand that?
Peoples opinions? I haven't disrespected them, and why do you keep talking like you are talking for other people when it's just you? You are irritating..
It DOES matter if they (you) will be wrong in different episodes, IT'S A DAMN ARGUMENT.
Finishing this argument? Good, don't reply again, you got your a** whooped with words and you are annoying.

Er..it still isn't given -how- everyone is infected, so, nobody is "wrong" to begin with. O_o It was just revealed that "Somehow" everyone is infected, no hints of what transmitted it or if it's supernatural phenomena; though, the only fact given is that it's something "Normal" since it's clarified via Wod of God it's a virus. As such, I'm confused to how this is an arguement if both...parties are arguing over two things that aren't at all different.

S'like if people were to argue about grocery stores having food. One guy says they always have food in stock, the other says it's all naturally grown. Neither of the two's oppinions even directly relate to one another, just because food is always at the grocery store doesn't mean that it can't be naturally ('organic' food) grown, and if it is naturally grown then it won't affect how they ship it or when it's in stock. gonk Sooo..is it possible that either of you could explain the sense around the arguement?

Tipsy Flatterer

7,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
It's more than likely in their blood. And since Lori is pregnant the kid will be born with it as well. As long as you don't suffer any severe trauma when you bite it, you'll come back as a Walker. That reason is probably when (in the first season) with the flashback of the hospital Shane sees the military killing off patients. They had figured out that much at that point and had to curb the outbreak by killing people were going to die of natural causes. Cause let's face it, if people die of natural causes, or accidents that don't affect the brain, the outbreak would be harder to contain than say one person being infected at first and then biting someone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff