Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I personally hated Shane. So did my sister, but her boyfriend and his sister had a different opinion. My reasons for have hating him are as follows,
1) He was selfish. The only person he cared about the whole time he was alive was himself. Maybe your argument is that he cared about Lori and Carl, but if he did he wouldn't have put Lori through all the yelling and jealousy (even if Lori is a oober whore). He didn't want to stay and look for Sophia, which we all knew was a lost cause,i know, but if it were my kid, or your kid, you'd want everyone possible out there looking for them. Another thing is he tried to shoot Rick. So he could be the leader (selfish.) That also would have left Lori's kid with no daddy. That brings me to something else, Shane thinks it's his. Which it really could be, but it'd be best not to mention it. it's just awkward.
2) He was so mean! He wanted to kill Dale just because Dale knew he was phsyco. He killed an innocent kid! That's just two examples.
3)He was irrational. When something bad happened, he jumped to conclusions of a crazy solution and expected everyone to agree with him.
4) HIS ******** FACE! That little smug frown where his whole bottom half of his face would wrink;e downward that he would make whenever someone argued with him.
That's all i can think of for now, but the point is for you guys to leave comments on my reasoning, and if you were for Shane, leave your reasoning behind it in the comments. And if you were for Shane, you see where that got you. But whatever.
P.S. I also hate Carl because he gets into ******** everything when he's supposed to be inside.
P.S.S. I hate Lori because she's a stupid whore who doesn't watch Carl and WHY THE ******** IS SHE MAD AT RICK FOR KILLING SHANE?!?!?! Someone answer that in the comments for me.
P.S.S.S. Who the ******** was that hooded thing with walkers on chains?!
P.S.S.S.S Do you want the others to reunite with Andrea and that hooded dude?
I hated Shane too. I was so happy when he died. I mean he plotted Ricks death when Rick was essential to the group! Why would you kill someone so important in the group because of Jealousy?! and Lori was so dumb for getting mad at rick! I mean come on she practically hinted that she wanted Rick to do something to Shane. She should be happy Rick took her back for sleeping with his best friend!!
And yeah Carl's pretty annoying.All he does is get in trouble and put the entire group at risk (example the walker that killed Dale sad )
I really hated him he was SO twisted and his actitude sucked

2,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
the best of it is that he died

Girl-Crazy Fairy

10,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
sweet_candy1156

P.S.S.S. Who the ******** was that hooded thing with walkers on chains?!
P.S.S.S.S Do you want the others to reunite with Andrea and that hooded dude?

Hooded thing is another comic book character. HER name is Michonne, I believe.

They're going to reunite, at the prison, I think. But yes. Yes I want them to reunite.

In response to all the hatred.

Lori - dumb skank. Shoulda kept her legs closed. :/

Shane - ******** ******** ******** I HATE HIS CRAZY STUPID a** SO MUCH. ******** GODDAMN IT.

The Black guy - He doesn't do s**t that I've seen. He's literally only on the the show JUST to make sure nobody says racists s**t.

A Quote from my BLACK girlfriend
All he does is sit there... AND BE BLACK.

Carol - See, my gf hates her more than I do, but she's usless and constantly butthurt, even before Sophia died.

Rick - He's been Captain p***y for way too long. :c Now hes an a** (but I can understand that)

His balls finally dropped.

Glenn - He's useful, But he's a whiney a** Asian. :c

CARL - ********!!!!!!!!!
I actually felt bad for Shane. I think too many people focus to much on the what and the how and not the why and the when. Its easy to just label him and forget the fact that he was a person who had human emotions just like everyone else. Emotions that were either mistreated or neglected by the group as a whole.

Honestly if Lori chose to be with Shane and told Rick that Carl was now Shane's son. Rick could have just as easily turned out to be like or even worse than Shane. But people like to think he was obsessed with Lori when that was not really the case. Shane already made his mind up to leave, Lori convinced him to stay because Rick was still pushing hard to look for Sophia and she felt he couldn't handle that AND looking over the group by himself. I believe he was still going to leave after things settled but then soon after he found out Lori was pregnant and it didn't take a rocket scientist to guess that there was a greater chance of it being Shane's baby than Rick's. Which is why Shane then told Andrea he should have left with her when he had the chance. Not because he still had feelings for Lori but because even if Lori and Rick wouldn't acknowledge him as the father, as a man Shane couldn't leave what could be his child and not look back.

And for Lori and Rick to think of themselves as Shane's 'closest' friends. They really screwed him over. Lori and Rick still had each other AND Carl. Shane had no one. And further more if it wasn't for Shane Lori wouldn't even be alive to be pregnant. Even if there was only a 1% chance Shane could be the father, they should NOT have taken that away from him. I mean, before Rick show up, he had Lori, he had Carl, he invested EVERYTHING in him to keeping them safe, he had a group and was just getting stable. And then Rick shows up and Lori acts like he doesn't even matter any more, the group start to gravitate away from him, and all of a sudden Shane is stuck on the outs. He tries his best to cope and be a part of the group but soon as he starts to make any progress Lori comes and messes with his head and stirs up emotions that he didn't have the frame of mind to handle.

If you notice, most of his dramatic episodes occur directly AFTER Lori has talked to him. Or I should say AT him. When she needed to talk to him she wasn't above catching him alone, telling him what she felt or thought and leaving without a care to listen to how he felt or thought and when Shane needed to talk to her, she did her best to avoid him and the situation. She should have either left him alone 100% of the time and let him get over it or woman up and sit down with him AND Rick and talk it out to a REAL conclusion rather than just telling him 'how it's going be'. I mean towards the end it was like every other episode either her or Rick was telling him "Even though the baby COULD be yours, Rick is going to be the father!" And I'm sorry, you take away a man's right to be a father... a man who already has nothing left... I'm surprised Shane didn't snap and just kill them BOTH in their sleep.

Given the situation and how people treated him, I think he handled himself pretty damn well. And add in the fact all of it was during a zombie apocalypse, I say its even more impressive. Shane was too loyal for his own good. He was right... he SHOULD have left with Andrea when he had the chance. But like a friend he stayed where he thought he was needed. Most like to say he was jealous or possessive but I think that had little to do with it. If you look at the way Rick and Shane argued it was Rick who was saying "Lori is MINE, Carl is MINE, the baby is MINE." over and over again. Shane was saying " but I can keep them SAFE." And that is what Shane's purpose of staying was to keep Lori safe cause she was carrying his child. Rick kept saying he would cross that line and do anything to keep his family safe but he was doing very little to back it up. Rick is a man of strong moral conviction and sense of responsibility these elements were such a big part of Rick that they can get in the way of doing what is best for his family.

When there is any kind of moral weight to his choices, Rick waffles. He becomes dependent on group consensus. He showed it with how he handled the barn, he showed it with the Randall situation. They were both very real risks to his family's safety, he knew they were risks... but he was more concerned about doing what was right than what needed to be done. And the episode where Carl comes to Shane about the zombie that killed Dale. You can see just how strong Rick's sense of responsibility is. Shane actually has to tell him more than once to talk to his own son. And I can easily see that being a problem before the outbreak. I can see Rick being occupied with a case and making himself too busy for his family. Which would explain why Carl is the way he is. Mom is too busy being a wife to actually be a mother (she's too focused on depending on and chasing after men. Which is why after she thought Rick died she didn't turn her focus to Carl... her SON... she turned to Shane and spread them legs like the ho she is) And dad lets himself get so wrapped up in his job and trying to make everyone happy that you really have to think... who really is raising Carl? He spends more time walking around and talking to Shane than he does with his own parents.

Ah got side tracked there.I think both Rick AND Shane are two very flawed individuals but I think what made them such good partners was that their strengths complimented each others flaws. I think Rick is just used to having Shane to be the bad guy for him. Rick helped keep Shane from going over the edge and Shane went over the edge for Rick when it was necessary. Shane's moral compass was about right or wrong... it was about necessary and unnecessary. He didn't care about being people's friends, or making the popular choice... if it needed to be done he had the resolve and conviction to do it. That is the reason why people gravitate towards Rick. Not because he is a better leader but because he stuck to the safe moral choices that people would like. Shane made the ugly choices that were necessary and he took the heat for it, leaving Rick's hands squeaky clean.

And I think that is what Shane's final moments were about. To FORCE Rick to get his hands dirty. To say once and for all. "If you really are willing to do anything to keep Lori and Carl alive... prove it and kill me....or I'm GOING to kill you." He wanted to make Rick cross that line and he sacrificed his life to do it. That is why when Rick snapped at the group he didn't say "I killed my best friend.... cause he tried to kill me." he said. "I killed my best friend... FOR YOUR PEOPLE." Rick knew Shane the best and I think part of him knew what Shane was doing and why he screamed out after he stabbed him. Shane MADE Rick kill him... he put him in a situation where he couldn't back down.

I mean Shane had his moments. But then who doesn't. He's human. He was in a shitty situation, with shitty people, with shitty options. He did the best he could and honestly I think he did better than most would in his shoes. I wish he left the group with Andrea when he had the chance but at the end of the day. Shane wasn't a good man, or a bad man... he was just a man and he did the best he could. And I for one respect him for that.
Nakilee-Lost_Her-Brackets

All he does is sit there... AND BE BLACK.

Yeah. I don't blame T-Dog. BEING Black isn't an easy thing under normal circumstances. And being black during a zombie apocalypse after being conditioned by decades and decades and decades of horror movies that always depict the 'black guy' dying first. I wouldn't press my luck either.

Though I fear for T-Dog if anything ever happens to Glenn... soon as they loose their Super-Asian, he's going to be the only minority left and thus have to do all the crazy risky stuff... or he has to learn to tap dance and tell jokes so he can be the comedic relief like a 'real' token black guy if he has any hopes of staying alive.

Devoted Cleric

11,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
Lyes
-Shane post snip-

THIS!!
THIS x1000!! Sometimes, it's not so easy as black and white, and Shane understood that. On the other hand, it's a concept I think Rick is still trying to get a hold of.

Beloved Lover

Lyes
I actually felt bad for Shane.....

Well said, my friend, well said.
isolated isis
I hated Shane too. I was so happy when he died. I mean he plotted Ricks death when Rick was essential to the group! Why would you kill someone so important in the group because of Jealousy?! and Lori was so dumb for getting mad at rick! I mean come on she practically hinted that she wanted Rick to do something to Shane. She should be happy Rick took her back for sleeping with his best friend!!
And yeah Carl's pretty annoying.All he does is get in trouble and put the entire group at risk (example the walker that killed Dale sad )

i think rick gtta be the worst choice as a leader you can pick simply becuz he has those most reason to disregard the safety of the group(his family) i think daryl is easily the better candidate as a leader.. him being the best hunter/tracker .. using the crossbow(staying quite) and very handy with a gun (my opinion)

Prodigal Mage

-iJohnnyTrillz
i think rick gtta be the worst choice as a leader you can pick simply becuz he has those most reason to disregard the safety of the group(his family) i think daryl is easily the better candidate as a leader.. him being the best hunter/tracker .. using the crossbow(staying quite) and very handy with a gun (my opinion)

Skill at hunting and killing =/= leadership capabilities. Daryl has proven that he has anger issues and is easily lead by his emotions--these are not the kind of qualities one wants in a leader.

On topic:

I thought Shane was an a*****e. I didn't like him from his first appearance in the show, and he just got worse. So many people are quick to excuse his actions because of the pressures of the apocalypse and because they feel he was manipulated by Lori, but they fail to see that everyone is under the same pressures, and he did his own fair share of manipulating. It's just ridiculous that people want to blame Lori. Is she a selfish a*****e? Yep. But why is no one so quick to excuse her actions? Everyone pins the responsibility for what she's done on her--which is right--but it's entirely stupid to pin the responsibility of Shane's actions onto her as well. He was a thinking human being, and he chose to go down the path he did. Do other factors contribute to the choices he makes? Duh. But the same can be said for every choice any person has ever made.

And here's a good quote from Lori that happens to be very true when it comes to this whole damn situation.

"Men have to do certain things; you know that. And they're either going to blame the little woman as the reason they do them or the reason they don't."

'Hate' is a big word but I didn't really like him, I don't like Carl and Lori either. I think Lori made him kinda how he was the last time because she treated him like sh*t.
I also wasn't sad when he died but he was a pretty big character imo.. started to dislike him when he was being mean to Dale =( he shouldn't have died.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff