Welcome to Gaia! ::

Where are all the babies?! Do they not show them because it'd be too 'sick' to watch an infant get eaten? What happens if I baby gets bit? Does it just roll around and groan? I realized this last episode. There's been NO small children or infants crawling or wandering around at all OR in the show alive. As far as I know anyways.

Enduring Loiterer

14,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Think about it. You remember the horse scene? You remember how quickly the zombies tore apart that big thing? Granted, there were a lot of them, but in the initial uprising I imagine any small children would've been eaten till they were nothing but a pile of bones. Nothing left to be a zombie, especially since they're such vulnerable prey.

The other issue is on a practical/ technical side. An undead baby would have to be 100% special effects and that's just expensive. I know they probably use CG in some places in the series, but this would be a big thing for it to be realistic. Something like that, for what would ultimately just be a detail to a scene, isn't worth stretching the budget.
I guess but dressing up a kid to look like the adults wouldn't cost any more money would it? They did it to Sophia. But seriously she was like the ONLY kid you see and she dies right away.

There were cases where people just got bit. If a small child was bitten and then rescued by it's family and swept away.. it wouldn't be eaten, just bit.

It's just interesting.

Enduring Loiterer

14,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Doctor g r a c i e
I guess but dressing up a kid to look like the adults wouldn't cost any more money would it? They did it to Sophia. But seriously she was like the ONLY kid you see and she dies right away.

There were cases where people just got bit. If a small child was bitten and then rescued by it's family and swept away.. it wouldn't be eaten, just bit.

It's just interesting.

You never see Sophia getting bitten, you know. You don't see her transition from alive to undead. She simply goes from alive to undead. You don't even see her get shot; it happens off screen. The camera focuses on Rick when he shoots her. There's the little girl in the very first episode, but that actress was only a little younger than the actors for Sophia and Carl.

As far as make-up, that's not an option for infants/ toddlers. Child labor laws prohibit them shooting with any kid actors for over X hours in a day. I know in California, for instance, infants can only be under lights for a maximum of 20 minutes. It increases the older the child. And infants/ toddlers can't act, or rather can only act up to a point. You can get a baby to smile and you can get it to cry. But can you get it to crawl slowly, limping as if to eat your brains? Probably not.
Frothy
Doctor g r a c i e

It's just interesting.

You never see Sophia getting bitten, you know. You don't see her transition from alive to undead. She simply goes from alive to undead. You don't even see her get shot; it happens off screen. The camera focuses on Rick when he shoots her. There's the little girl in the very first episode, but that actress was only a little younger than the actors for Sophia and Carl.

As far as make-up, that's not an option for infants/ toddlers. Child labor laws prohibit them shooting with any kid actors for over X hours in a day. I know in California, for instance, infants can only be under lights for a maximum of 20 minutes. It increases the older the child. And infants/ toddlers can't act, or rather can only act up to a point. You can get a baby to smile and you can get it to cry. But can you get it to crawl slowly, limping as if to eat your brains? Probably not.

No you're probably right on that last paragraph about not being able to get them to act dead. Lol. it's just interesting.. Its something not everyone thinks about when watching that show like hm.. there's no babies. lol
Doctor g r a c i e
Where are all the babies?! Do they not show them because it'd be too 'sick' to watch an infant get eaten? What happens if I baby gets bit? Does it just roll around and groan? I realized this last episode. There's been NO small children or infants crawling or wandering around at all OR in the show alive. As far as I know anyways.

i like the game black ops zombies

Anxious Lunatic

Well, this is what the show makes you want to believe: how realistic it could be~

Because, admittedly, if the directors hadn't made it so believeable, you wouldn't have really considered this question, as if it were truly a zombie apocalypse 3nodding

So, yay for realism and special effects! whee

As for babies in the apocalypse, thinking zombie terms, like the person above, I believe they'd be devoured completely before they could turn. Mothers keep their children close and, if a mother were to turn, their child would be the closest living thing to them at the time. Not a pretty picture. This would be true perhaps up until maybe age six.

As for in acting, any six year old, I'm not sure that parents would want their children (even if they were aspiring actors) to preform as a zombie and be exposed to such violence at an early age. At least, if they aren't a main character (like Carl but he's not even that young).That's my reasoning, anyways. sweatdrop
Laurie is pregnant after all smile Baby time
I think seeing that would be kind of scary! gonk

Shameless Conversationalist

15,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I have often wondered the same thing. One of the conclusions I came to was since babies are so small, they are probably pretty much eaten entirely, so there's not even much to become reanimated.
Sincerely Sel
I have often wondered the same thing. One of the conclusions I came to was since babies are so small, they are probably pretty much eaten entirely, so there's not even much to become reanimated.
but I was thinking.. when it all started happening and wasn't really 'taking over' yet.. what if I baby just got a bit on the arm or something?
That is entirely possible.
there was that one seen where the black guy was looking for drugs on the high way and there was a bloody infant car seat

Shameless Conversationalist

15,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Doctor g r a c i e
Sincerely Sel
but I was thinking.. when it all started happening and wasn't really 'taking over' yet.. what if I baby just got a bit on the arm or something?
That is entirely possible.

Oh yeah, that's true. They probably just lay around like little hungry zombie sausages. I guess if they're old enough they'll crawl. Ew, creepy zombie babies. Imagine having to deal with an entire nursery of those.
User Image
Habrinamay
there was that one seen where the black guy was looking for drugs on the high way and there was a bloody infant car seat
Im watching that episode right now. I dont know why im watching them all again lol im a freak

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff