Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Lunatic

8,000 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
Maggie, Maggie, Maggie... Maggie.
Please correct me if I'm wrong about any of the following. I haven't seen series 2 in a few weeks, so I apologize for my memory being rather fuzzy. I spoke with my brother about it, ho had literally just watched several episodes, so... Anyway, awfully sorry.

So, when Maggie first appears, she saves Andrea from that Walker. With a baseball bat. As in, she beat it around the head. I'm pretty sure that thing was dead. It didn't get back up. If it did, then she didn't wait around to see if it was okay.
I'd just like to emphasize that she saw Andrea getting attacked when she saved her. Meaning that she knew the Walker was dangerous. And she brushed it off really quickly. She also acted as if the Walker was just a Walker.
But... later, with Lori (sp? sorry), after being attacked herself, she acts as if she had absolutely no ******** idea what the hell just happened. Understandable that she should be upset, sure. She could have died. But she didn't need to be so shocked that something she watched happening a few days prior actually happened. She should have figured out that "Oh hey, those things eat people. If I'm going to a place that might have them, I should probably be wary of the fact they might eat me." She should have known what she had been getting into, because she saw it at least once before. And the way she killed the Walker so easily wouldn't imply that it was her first time dealing with them. To kill the first Walker you've seen attack somebody without any hesitation is pretty impressive.
But, all this talk of killing Walkers... Oh, wait. Doesn't Maggie refer to the Walkers in the barn as living people?
Yes. Yes she does.

She believes the Walkers are still her family. But she kills one with a baseball bat. On a horse. And then she acts suprised when she, herself, gets attacked.
Oh, Maggie.

The only way I can see this making sense is if afetr she killed Andrea's attackr, she went through some horrible self-loathing guilt for killing another "human" that they never showed because they thought it would be boring.
Or that she only did it because she knew she had to. Then why was she suprised about being attacked herself?!

Sorry for any errors! Pleae feel free to make me look like the fool I am! Sorry!

TL;DR: Maggie has amnesia caused by killing zombies.
Ciel The Little Robin

If you saw a criminal attack someone, your reaction, emotionally, would surely be different than when a criminal attacks you?

Sparkly Lunatic

8,000 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
Giuseppe DeAngelo
Ciel The Little Robin

If you saw a criminal attack someone, your reaction, emotionally, would surely be different than when a criminal attacks you?

Of course, but I still find it odd that she acted like she didn't know what she was getting into. Maybe it's just my imagination...
May I play the "But she still thinks Walkers are people and didn't care that she killed one." card?
So sorry if I sound rude. I don't mean to sound like I'm arguing. ^^'
Ciel The Little Robin

Of course, but I still find it odd that she acted like she didn't know what she was getting into. Maybe it's just my imagination...
May I play the "But she still thinks Walkers are people and didn't care that she killed one." card?
So sorry if I sound rude. I don't mean to sound like I'm arguing. ^^'

Isn't that what we're here for? Discussing The Walking Dead? wink

It seems, to me -bare in mind that I haven't read the comics- that Maggie in on the fence.

In TWD universe, films like George A. Romero's famous zombie movies were never created.
So the people aren't too sure of what's going on.
Add to that that they live in a secluded farm, and that her father's religious.. and you've got yourself one hell of a confused family.

So.. what I think is.. that she knows these walkers can do others harm, and that she is willing to sacrifice a walker's life for a human's. However, if it can be avoided, she will.
This changed after the incident at the store, I think.

Her idea of these walkers was heavily influenced by her father's, too, I imagine.
Ciel The Little Robin

Also, Maggie just knocked that zombie down. Daryl then shot it in the head.

Sparkly Lunatic

8,000 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
Giuseppe DeAngelo
Ciel The Little Robin

Also, Maggie just knocked that zombie down. Daryl then shot it in the head.

...Well that pretty much breaks my entire argument.
I'm awfully sorry, I wasn't aware that happened!
Sorry!
My mistake. I figures I'd be in the wrong somewhere. xD
Thank you for correcting me.~~
Ciel The Little Robin

Complete with a epic one liner and everything.
"Shut up", he said. xd

Your argument isn't broken, though.

She didn't hesitate to hit that zombie up the head, at great speed.
I assume it's because the head was the highest, easiest to hit target and that she was in a rush. But still. She hit it and it seemed dead until she rode off.
-Personally, I wouldn't have trouble hitting a normal, living person that attacked someone either.
Sick, or not.
Add to that that it was a man that attacked a woman, and you've got yourself a lot of excuses.

She also got attacked while getting supplies from the store, with Glenn.
Glenn managed to save her.
After witnessing a zombie attack from up close, and she herself was in danger, she started thinking differently about the walkers. Yet, she adhered to Herschel's beliefs. Those people in the barn were once her friends, family and neighbours. I can imagine that even after dead, there'd be an emotional tie, just like we'd have if our loved ones would turn in a zombie.

Sparkly Lunatic

8,000 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
Giuseppe DeAngelo
Ciel The Little Robin

Complete with a epic one liner and everything.
"Shut up", he said. xd

Your argument isn't broken, though.

She didn't hesitate to hit that zombie up the head, at great speed.
I assume it's because the head was the highest, easiest to hit target and that she was in a rush. But still. She hit it and it seemed dead until she rode off.
-Personally, I wouldn't have trouble hitting a normal, living person that attacked someone either.
Sick, or not.
Add to that that it was a man that attacked a woman, and you've got yourself a lot of excuses.

She also got attacked while getting supplies from the store, with Glenn.
Glenn managed to save her.
After witnessing a zombie attack from up close, and she herself was in danger, she started thinking differently about the walkers. Yet, she adhered to Herschel's beliefs. Those people in the barn were once her friends, family and neighbours. I can imagine that even after dead, there'd be an emotional tie, just like we'd have if our loved ones would turn in a zombie.

How did I forget that? Seriously? >n<

That's a pretty good point. I guess I was focusing more on the fact that it was a Walker that she hit rather than the fact that it was attacking.

I'm sorry for forgetting, but if you don't mind my confusion, did the scene in which Glenn asks her what she thinks of the Walkers come before or after the attack? because I had thought it was after, but if it was before, that's another fail for me.
Ciel The Little Robin

How did I forget that? Seriously? >n<

That's a pretty good point. I guess I was focusing more on the fact that it was a Walker that she hit rather than the fact that it was attacking.

I'm sorry for forgetting, but if you don't mind my confusion, did the scene in which Glenn asks her what she thinks of the Walkers come before or after the attack? because I had thought it was after, but if it was before, that's another fail for me.

Personally, I had to look back too, because I thought Maggie killed that zombie just like you did.

I'm sure she did know it was a "sick person"..
But her priority, I think, was to get Lori out of there. The walker was in the way.

Then there's fact that she actually had a weapon with her.
If she didn't want to harm these people.. why'd she bring a weapon?

Glenn and Maggie hadn't talked much before the trip to town, I think.
On their way to the store, they're having the following conversation:

Glenn: You alright?
Maggie: I'm Fine.
Glenn: I saw the look on your face, back at the well.
Never seen one killed up close before?
I guess it's kind of a shock.
You know, being on the road, we've seen it a lot.
I guess I got a little numb to it.
Maggie: Well, I guess so.

From her responce, it seems she realizes that these aren't just sick people.
I'm guessing this isn't the conversation you mean, though?
Let me try to find it.
Ah! Found it.

It's on their second trip to Steve's Pharmacy, before she gets attacked.
This is after Glenn discovered the barn and told old man Dale, who then approached Herschel, who's now angry at Maggie. Maggie is also pissed off at Glenn for breaking his promise/secret.

Glenn: So... your dad thinks they are sick, do you agree with that? Even after what you saw at the well?
Maggie: I'm not sure what I saw at the well.
Glenn: Yes.. you are.

Look, if you had seen Atlanta, you wouldn't have a barn full of walkers.

Maggie: I WISH YOU'D STOP CALLING THEM THAT!
Glenn: What do you call 'em?
Maggie: Mom, Shawn, Mr. and Mrs. Fisher, Lacey, Duncan.

Inside, Maggie is searching in the back of the story for the morning-after pills when she is grabbed by a walker. She screams for Glenn to save her. Literally. And for him to help her.
(Which is the same thing, I'm just adding that she literally screamed "Save me!" wink

After they return and deliver the pills, they have another conversation. I'm just going to sum up the important part.

Maggie: For a smart guy, you're really stupid.
I already lost three of the people I care(d) about most in this world. You're smart, brave and a leader, but you don't know it. The others don't want to see it.
These people use you. Send Glenn to fetch this, send Glenn to do that.
You're walker bait, and I take you becoming one of them.

From her use of the word Walker, I think it's obvious that she's now hopped off the fence, into reality.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff