Welcome to Gaia! ::

My 14 year old cousin who I take care of (I'm 19) wants to watch Walking Dead but I don't want to watch it (i hate violence and gore). I want to make sure its appropriate for her. Would it be? Why or why not?
14 years old should be fine. as long as shes cool with watching zombies rip people apart. its not all violent tho cuz the point of the show is to show how ppl survive in this condition.
imtheamericanidiot
My 14 year old cousin who I take care of (I'm 19) wants to watch Walking Dead but I don't want to watch it. I want to make sure its appropriate for her. Would it be?

To be honest? No. My mom is not very squeamish, she always watches the brutal CSI type shows.

And in one episode, she was grossed out. They take gore to the MAX.

Arms fall off, in one of the early ones they have to chop up a corpse, in the more recent one, a person fell onto a spiked metal fence and it stabbed into their leg, a zombie tried to shove its face through the glass and skin peeled away, only to be stabbed in the eye and killed....

It's very gorey. VERY.

Edit: Not to mention what happens to some survivors. Being bitten and having blood gush out of their bite, being feasted on by a horde, and the survivors are bad too.

Bloody shots to the head, a person having to cut off their own hand, and not to mention the emotional issues.

Two of the main characters were partners (they were cops) before the apocalypse, and one time the partner considered shooting his friend with a shotgun.

Quotable Sophomore

6,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Yes there are minor sex scenes, cursing and very gory YOU would love also
I don't think she should watch this from what you guys have said. I don't think I'm going to let her

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Yeah it should be just fine. I'm significantly older than you and I'd let my kid cousin watch it anytime.

Wealthy Conventioneer

Invisible Lover

My answer, from a moral standpoint: No. Don't let her watch this s**t. It'll mess her up.

My answer, coming from a blunt perspective: The world's s**t. A little bit of gore and simulated violence on TV is going to be far from the worse your cousin will experience in her lifetime.

Let them watch it but just always remind them that it's not real and try to stress the importance of the morals and actions of the characters, instead of focusing on just the blood and violence. Get her interested in the characters and their struggles; not with the violence and zombie fest.

Sparkly Lunatic

8,000 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
...I wouldn't, actually. I would love to post some of the GIFs, especially the one from the Zombie in the well*, but I don't know if you yourself are okay with that, OP? Plus, spoilers.

*Minor spoilers: It gets ripped in half.

Invisible Fatcat

Um, its gore and the graphics are amazing.

I'd say no. But they are old enough to make their own choice. Just hope they don't get nightmares.
Ciel The Little Robin
...I wouldn't, actually. I would love to post some of the GIFs, especially the one from the Zombie in the well*, but I don't know if you yourself are okay with that, OP? Plus, spoilers.

*Minor spoilers: It gets ripped in half.

You could post some gifs.

lewarner's Wife

Green Sailor

why not my little 9 yr old cousin watches it an i normally hate zombie things but this show is more focused on the group of survivors trust me what gore there is is obviously fake an im sure the kid sees worse in science class

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff