Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Hunter

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
Okay so I read the comics for the walking dead and As much as I love Michonne, I was so confused why the heck she didn't take two katana's! instead she takes only one from the flat, which had three perfectly good katana's. for being so smart with keeping her zombied boyfriend and his friend as repelant I thought she would be smart enough to take a back up weapon lol

So what do you think? and how do you like her character so far in the TV series?

Witty Dabbler

Michonne's a beast. The writers probably just said "screw it, she doesn't need more than one katana to kick a**."

Dangerous Lunatic

3,950 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I like Michonnes character, but her abilities anger me. There is no logical reason foe her to be able to use a katana at that level of mastery. Much less two.
Even in the comics that ability is annoying.
The same thing annoys me about other characters getting headshots while moving. With the exception of Rick, Shane, and Daryl (who have had years of extensive training or in Daryl's case years of survivalism).
Eh, to me, Michonne isn't that much of a badass. If you ask me, Molly in The Walking Dead video game was more badass.

Manly Lunatic

The Child of Aura
Eh, to me, Michonne isn't that much of a badass. If you ask me, Molly in The Walking Dead video game was more badass.

JUMPING AROUND ROOFS.

Is not smart, even with the pick.

Timid Nymph

I love how there was more of her In this Sundays ep.
Qyp
The Child of Aura

JUMPING AROUND ROOFS.

She has an ice pick. Carrying around two zombies isn't completely smart, even if they're chained.

Molly had to find some way to adapt, and she did. You have to be fast and athletic to survive the apocalypse on your own. Besides, she's pretty smart with her bells technique.

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Gibson22sg
Michonne's a beast. The writers probably just said "screw it, she doesn't need more than one katana to kick a**."
User Image
Agreed. She doesn't need a lot to do some major damage. I can't complain about any of her decisions.

Manly Lunatic

The Child of Aura
Qyp
The Child of Aura

JUMPING AROUND ROOFS.

She has an ice pick. Carrying around two zombies isn't completely smart, even if they're chained.

Molly had to find some way to adapt, and she did. You have to be fast and athletic to survive the apocalypse on your own. Besides, she's pretty smart with her bells technique.

True dat.

4,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I have to say her (Michonne) coming into the show in general is what kept me watching. After all the idiotic "surviving" the group did, I almost stopped watching the show four to five episodes in. It didn't seem worth it yelling at the television anymore so I switched tactics on watching with the hubby by taking beats on who would die/get bit/survive the season. We toughed it out until the season finale, which would have been a deal breaker to continue watching it if Michonne hadn't shown up.

But this new season has kicked it up a lot, with more intellectual thinking on the group's behalf and Rick cutting the bs thinking in survival mode. I'm glad the characters are growing and adapting to their situation better than in the beginning.

Phantom

Probably because:
1. Good katanas are really hard to find. Maybe hers was authentic?
2. She knew how the Governor and his men kill people for weapons and ammo. I didn't see the other katanas but she's not going to take that. xD
3. Additional weight.
4. If you're thinking about dual-wielding, it doesn't work that way xP

I know the katana isn't a really good weapon (for most of us anyway) in a real life zombie apocalypse but it's fiction.

yup shes pretty kool

Friendly Smoker

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gibson22sg

^^ That.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces