Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I think that the Zombies didnt notice her cause she smelled like them and didnt make any sudden movements. They are dead so they cant think. The only thing driving them is hunger and smell.
As for being bitten/ ingesting zombie bits, my theory is thus:
The Virus is in everyone, once a person dies the virus takes over (as seen in the montage of Shane turning). If someone gets bitten or deeply scratched it manifests as an infection. If you cut the infected body part off before it spreads (in the case of Hershel) then you might be able to save them. If you can cap the blood loss and they don't die of an infected open wound.
I agree Hershel didn't make sense as he recovered from the wound too quickly but then again he was healthy before and determined to survive.

YAY Michonne!!!! They are not gonna kill her off yet. Woodbury will fall first i am thinking before she gets killed off. (All speculation!!)

Kawaii Tamer

Little Dead Soldier
I think so. They did this in another zombie movie, but I can't remember the name. The scene in the movie started where crows were feasting off a zombie and a drop of blood fell in the guy's eye. Turning him.
I can't remember the name of that movie.

But I think it's the same thing in this as well.

28 Days Later. It was a 'rage' virus that basically made people into angry crazed fiends who hated everything. Hence why they attacked.
x-LucyLuu-x
I can't remember exactly where it was said, but the virus lays dormant in the body, and the body has to die first before it "activates." Considering everybody has been covered in walker blood at some point, has had scratches (not from walkers), and nothing has happened to them... I don't think blood or body parts entering their bodies would do anything.

But remember in season 2 on the farm when they wanted to get the zombie out of the well so it wouldn't poison the water supply and then in fell apart and they were like ooh can't use that well now.

The show is kind of really inconsistent about this matter.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Scribbling Scribe
x-LucyLuu-x
I can't remember exactly where it was said, but the virus lays dormant in the body, and the body has to die first before it "activates." Considering everybody has been covered in walker blood at some point, has had scratches (not from walkers), and nothing has happened to them... I don't think blood or body parts entering their bodies would do anything.

But remember in season 2 on the farm when they wanted to get the zombie out of the well so it wouldn't poison the water supply and then in fell apart and they were like ooh can't use that well now.

The show is kind of really inconsistent about this matter.

It's not inconsistent. Would YOU want to drink water that has walker guts floating in it? No? It's not a matterr of "drinking the water will kill them", it's a matter of "drinking water with guts in it is gross".

Magnetic Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Survivor 150
I don't recall Michonne getting some s**t in her mouth.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Oh goodness. I just hope she doesn't turn! D:

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Because other infections still exist
psyst3m
One thing I noticed.. when the zombies abdomen was sliced open Michonne got a mouthful and had to spit it out.

Now that they know they are ALL infected, would a zombies blood entering the mouth/eyes/open wound still cause an increased outbreak of the infection, and for the person to turn?

FURTHER MORE:

If it doesn't kill you by passing through an open wound or into the body, then why the ******** would they have had to chop Hershel's leg off? A walker bite or scratch unless very severe would not kill you from blood loss alone.

theres a theory. an actual real life theory that zombies are absolutely possible. the theory suggests that if there ever was a zombie infection or whatever that it would be fungal.

anyway here:
http://io9.com/5916048/how-a-zombie-outbreak-could-happen-in-real-life

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas