Welcome to Gaia! ::

Deathly Lover

40,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
So the new episode gave me some feels and being a bit of a shipper I somewhat fanned out over an already epic-flailing-inducing episode.

So what I want to know is:

1. Who do you ship and why? If you don't ship, why not? Feel free to babble! I will
2. What pairing do you NOT want to see? Why not?
3.Your preferences aside, do you think there will be more hook-ups this season?

My feels:

I'm a huge Rickyl shipper. I have been since about...season two? Now I ship loads of alternative couples, but only a few do I think have the elements necessary to be cannon. Basically, I've been trying to explain to all my friends and family since season one (before I even considered Rickyl) that Daryl was gay. He just sent my gaydar roaring and several seasons and the Survival Instinct game later I am now certain he should be bi at the least. So obviously I was thrilled with all the talk of the writers considering it. Of course, now that it's up in the air, I fear nothing will come of it, but the brief validation felt nice.

Why with Rick though? They are just so closely bonded and the way they stand near each other and exchange little gestures and touches is so comfortable it reminds me of the way my husband and I interact. Even if Rick wouldn't go for it, it doesn't seem like much of a stretch to imagine Daryl has some sort of hidden/complicated feelings for his "brother". Not to mention the effort the writers went through to draw a metaphor with Merle giving Daryl away sort of sealed it for me.

On that same chord, while I ship Rickyl like crazy, I'm not crazy myself. I know if there is any kind of Daryl hook-up it's likely to be with a lady. So I'm sooo glad I happily also ship Carol/Daryl. So that hug guys. That hug. My husband and I almost cried it was so damn cute on so many layers.

The above being the case, it may be quite clear I don't care much for Daryl/Beth. It's such a sweet friendship, but I seriously thought she was supposed to be 15. Now age doesn't necessarily kill a pairing for me, but it's that she ACTS 15 that drives me nuts. I think you can get away with shipping older and younger charas together if there is any sign of maturity in the youthful side, but with Beth it isn't there. Her being with Daryl would make me feel kind of icky.

I really like Daryl if you couldn't tell.

Other stuff I ship that I wouldn't mind chatting about:
Maggie/Glenn
Michonne/Andrea (gone but not forgotten crying )
Sasha/Bob
Sasha/Maggie
Michonne/anyone

As far as stuff I see happening? I'm not really sure. I feel like Eugene/Rosita is going to play out similar to the comics up until the point one or both of them die. I'm also worried Glenn might be in danger and if he dies that makes staying with Maggie a bit of a strain. xp

So, what do you guys think?

Rules:
1. All the basic stuff and:
2. Be NICE. I want to see everyone's opinions and have a lively discussion, not a flame war. Even if I don't like your pairing doesn't mean I'm not okay with you shipping it, I expect the same respect from all of you. No starting fights, mmkay?

Alien Flatterer

6,475 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Maggie and Glenn forever, though I have a theory that Glenn is going to die. Rick and Daryl I don't see anything romantic happening, mostly because I see Michonne taking the spot of Ricks lover for multiple reasons (i.e. Being a great figure to Carl, Carl loving her so much as a motherly figure, their(Rick and Michonnes) interactions). Carol and Daryl I can really see now, esp after that hug heart I'm not really sure about the others or anything. But wow I love this show I'm so excited for the season.
I love Caryl! So many people keeps saying "no, their relationship is like brother and sister, or mother and son" Carol has flirted with Daryl several times. Not very motherly and sisterly. Plus, I love how she became his soft spot. I love them to bits <3

I don't not want to see him with Beth. Although I liked that they got to know each other, I don't think they're right for each other. I hope they end up with a brother and sister relationship.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
rickyl and carol/daryl is my life. bi daryl heart

maggie/glenn is cute though.

i have a feeling they might try to make micchone/rick a thing which is fine i guess but it's not rickyl *pouts*

Sparkly Fatcat

Daryl and Carol heart because they obviously have feelings for one another that are more than brother/sister parent/child (Based on Carol's sexual jokes towards Daryl, although Daryl's reactions to them have kind of made me wonder if perhaps he just may be gay. Which I would honestly be totally okay with, btw.Not to mention, it would also end the Beth/Daryl vs Carol/Daryl war that seems to be waging among TWD fans lawl)

Michonne and Tyreese (Like in the comics) because well, damn it it happened in the comics and I really, really would like to see more of the comic book story line.

Bob and Sasha heart because they're ******** adorable together.

I honestly don't really see Rick jumping into a relationship like he did in the comics, tbh. Rick seems to have a "ain't nobody got time for that" attitude. I think he's also pretty much 100% on the survival of his two children.

Do I even have to get into Maggie/Glenn? They've tied the knot. End of discussion.

Beth?... I honestly could care less about Beth.

Tara and...?... I think Tara is just going to die. There has barely been any kind of character development, she is just temporarily along for the ride, imo.

Rosita and Abraham heart They were together in the comics (For a while, anyway)...I don't recall it being confirmed that they are a pair in the show though.

Ruthless Hellraiser

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
Myself/victory.

Deathly Lover

40,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
cattus amare
Maggie and Glenn forever, though I have a theory that Glenn is going to die. Rick and Daryl I don't see anything romantic happening, mostly because I see Michonne taking the spot of Ricks lover for multiple reasons (i.e. Being a great figure to Carl, Carl loving her so much as a motherly figure, their(Rick and Michonnes) interactions). Carol and Daryl I can really see now, esp after that hug heart I'm not really sure about the others or anything. But wow I love this show I'm so excited for the season.

I know Michonne/Rick is actually very popular! I actually kind of wanted to get into it, I just don't see much between them. The relationship between Michonne and Carl is wonderful and strong but getting along with someone's kid isn't a premise for a relationship for me. I think if she and Rick get more interaction, I could dig it. 4laugh

I'm excited for this season too! I'm actually watching as it comes out, which I never do. I always wait for netflix but I just...can't.

Deathly Lover

40,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Luna_Starchild
I love Caryl! So many people keeps saying "no, their relationship is like brother and sister, or mother and son" Carol has flirted with Daryl several times. Not very motherly and sisterly. Plus, I love how she became his soft spot. I love them to bits <3

I don't not want to see him with Beth. Although I liked that they got to know each other, I don't think they're right for each other. I hope they end up with a brother and sister relationship.

I agree! heart

The thing with Beth is, Daryl is so weirdly innocent, obviously because of a lot of his childhood trauma, that having anything between them would have to be initiated by Beth and that's like a little girl prowling and it's just weird for me.

Deathly Lover

40,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
amenamy

i have a feeling they might try to make micchone/rick a thing which is fine i guess but it's not rickyl *pouts*

After my own heart my dear. heart Rickyl would be a good move forward for modern television. A**holes like to say it's a fad, but the reality is alternative pairings need representation too and Daryl has been set up perfectly to come out. Also I'm all for lesbians too but it's a little sexist that it's all good for chicks to bang chicks but dudes with dudes is wrong I feel so powerfully about it I really ought to write a dissertation about it or something. rofl

I'm cool with Michonne/Rick if it goes down as long as it doesn't compromise their characters, I just haven't seen it yet.

Deathly Lover

40,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Arschgeweih
Daryl and Carol heart because they obviously have feelings for one another that are more than brother/sister parent/child (Based on Carol's sexual jokes towards Daryl, although Daryl's reactions to them have kind of made me wonder if perhaps he just may be gay. Which I would honestly be totally okay with, btw.Not to mention, it would also end the Beth/Daryl vs Carol/Daryl war that seems to be waging among TWD fans lawl)

Michonne and Tyreese (Like in the comics) because well, damn it it happened in the comics and I really, really would like to see more of the comic book story line.

Bob and Sasha heart because they're ******** adorable together.

I honestly don't really see Rick jumping into a relationship like he did in the comics, tbh. Rick seems to have a "ain't nobody got time for that" attitude. I think he's also pretty much 100% on the survival of his two children.

Do I even have to get into Maggie/Glenn? They've tied the knot. End of discussion.

Beth?... I honestly could care less about Beth.

Tara and...?... I think Tara is just going to die. There has barely been any kind of character development, she is just temporarily along for the ride, imo.

Rosita and Abraham heart They were together in the comics (For a while, anyway)...I don't recall it being confirmed that they are a pair in the show though.

They are the very best of friends and if it evolves I will be completely happy. Carol has changed so much and I feel like she's only just now getting to a place where a relationship is okay. I like that they have taken their time with her developing her as independent, because as much as I love Caryl, I would have been ticked if she'd fallen back on another man before reaching her full evolution. But omg, that season premiere killed me. So adorable. I need more hugs. heart

Rofl though! Aside from progression for my LGBT community and good ol' fan-girlin', I do have a secret desire for Rickyl to happen just to make everybody that didn't take it seriously freak out. I would be trollin'rollin'. lol

I actually didn't like Michonne/Ty in the comics. I felt like it objectified Michonne a lot and very early on and I didn't care for it. I think the show could do it if they wanted, but they'd have to build it from zero. I'd actually be interested in seeing how they'd manage.

That actually reminds me though, my husband and I were also discussing Tyrese/Carol during the apology scene last season. It was very sweet and we thought there could be a little something there if the writers took it that way. I wonder if anyone else has considered that?

I love Bob/Sasha too. So much. gonk I'm afraid Bob will die soon though. Too soon.

I get that about Rick. To be honest I wouldn't mind if he stayed single for the rest of the series, even at the expense of my beloved Rickyl. Which to be honest would be more likely anyway, since if they do brave making Daryl come out, throwing him after the main character would probably shock attack the ratings in a negative way. stare

I know they are married, but Maggie/Glenn just always makes me care. It's one of the few game/set/match pairings I've ever loved on a tv show.

Is it wrong to say I want a good lesbian character but I wish it wasn't Tara? She has good development potential, but she probably will just die and she isn't very likable as is. A waste.

Ah yes, I do wonder if they'll do that. They did date for a while, but I feel like they are sort of skipping over it if the little exchanges between the Eugene/Rosita/Abe trio are any indication. I feel like they are trying to pitch Eugene/Rosita more, but I could be wrong.

Sorry I responded to everything you wrote. XD I am easily excited.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Dante Dolly
amenamy

After my own heart my dear. heart Rickyl would be a good move forward for modern television. A**holes like to say it's a fad, but the reality is alternative pairings need representation too and Daryl has been set up perfectly to come out. Also I'm all for lesbians too but it's a little sexist that it's all good for chicks to bang chicks but dudes with dudes is wrong I feel so powerfully about it I really ought to write a dissertation about it or something. rofl

I'm cool with Michonne/Rick if it goes down as long as it doesn't compromise their characters, I just haven't seen it yet.

Ah yes it certainly would. Not to mention bi representation in a non-biphobic way is desperately needed. I'm sick of a bi character who's sexuality is treated like a fad, a temporary thing. Being bisexual myself, if a character like Rick or Daryl would've came out in my childhood and ended up being bi, I would've been a lot more confident in my sexuality.

Fashionable Millionaire

What about Tara/Beth? They haven't even met yet. I feel like that would make sense, even if Beth is just being "experimental" or something.

Deathly Lover

40,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
amenamy
Dante Dolly
amenamy

Ah yes it certainly would. Not to mention bi representation in a non-biphobic way is desperately needed. I'm sick of a bi character who's sexuality is treated like a fad, a temporary thing. Being bisexual myself, if a character like Rick or Daryl would've came out in my childhood and ended up being bi, I would've been a lot more confident in my sexuality.

I'm bi too and I would have befitted from representation too. I thought I was straight, then fell in love with my best friend and realized how much I loved women and started identifying lesbian when we got together, then my lover came out as trans and I was like, "Now what?"

It took far too long for me to embrace being bisexual just because the title is treated so poorly. It isn't a fad, it's a perfectly normal orientation and in retrospect it actually makes the most sense--we're just the least picky about what's downstairs. xd

But yeah if they wanted to make Daryl bi that would make my life forever, but Hollywood still struggles with gay/lesbian so I'm not holding my breath.
The Governor of Woodbury
Myself/victory.

Good god this made me laugh!

I can't deny I like the whole Caryl thing (my pookie!)

It'd also be nice to see Michonne maybe with Rick - they don't have to pair off everybody, and they're two very independent characters, but it'd be nice to see them both find some happiness and realise they don't have to be alone.

Everyone else can do their own thing, I don't really mind. Maggie and Glen are cute, though.

Deathly Lover

40,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
pennepasta
What about Tara/Beth? They haven't even met yet. I feel like that would make sense, even if Beth is just being "experimental" or something.

Ohhh, there's an idea. Right now I only really ship Beth with Carl, but I could see the potential for some Beth girl love. Tara and Beth are both still fairly underdeveloped too so putting more attention on them to build a relationship would give them more opportunity to flesh them out as people. Good idea. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff