Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Phantom

READ BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN OR CLICKING ON SPOILER TAGS!

>>This thread will contain spoilers for the tv show. But not only will it contain spoilers of things that have happened in episodes already aired, but will also contain spoilers for future episodes. Meaning there will be discussion of spoilers for episodes that HAVE NOT AIRED!

Read only if you do not care about spoilers for the the rest of the season.

You've been warned.<<

Now, let's talk about Carol.
My friend was so kind as to spoil some things about the future of Carol's character in the show. It's not a major spoiler. At least not for me. I expected something like it. It just could have been Carol or some other adult.

What it is is that the actors that play Tyreese, Carol, and the children were spotted filming together in Georgia. Since there has never been a scene before that shows all these characters outside the prison that means that this is something for a future episode not yet aired. And if you piece this easy puzzle together, this means that Carol runs into Tyreese and the kids after their escape from the attack. In the photographs of the filming team that were taken it shows them on a train track. And if you remember the mid-season preview trailer, it shows Tyreese, Mika and Lizzie walking along a train track.

Since I believe that Judith is with Tyreese and the kids, I expected he wouId run into someone to help him keep the kids safe. But back in December I figured it would be Michonne or maybe Daryl and Beth. But this turn with Carol is more... dramatic. There will be that tension and the eventual confrontation that would make good tv. So I can see why they chose this route.

If my timeline is correct, only a day has passed since Carol was sent away by Rick. Maybe even less. She could have returned to plead her case to the rest of the group. She could have wanted to take Lizzie and Mika and insist upon it. She could have seen the tank and followed to investigate. Maybe she heard the explosions. Who knows. I just find it odd that she'd stumble upon them out in the woods. Did she just decide to abandon that car and hope she'd run into someone alive?

Anyway, I think this encounter can either be a method for Carol to win a place back with the group or to test her and Tyreese.

Tyreese still has no idea why Carol was asked to leave. I'm sure he's aware that she was no longer there, but nobody had the chance to tell him why. He's still in the dark as to Carol's admission about what she did to Karen and David. At the same time, Carol has no idea that Tyreese hasn't been told the truth. So there is that uncertainty between them.

At the same time, if my belief is correct, Judith will be there. Carol could become like the protective mother of that baby and struggle to keep Judith and everyone else in her group alive. OR, she could want to give in to the same reason that drove her to kill Karen and David. To kill for the sake of the rest of the group. Judith is a threat to all of them. A baby cries for just about any reason. This will only draw in walkers. And Rick banished Carol and tried to send her away from Lizzie and Mika. Those two girls have, in Carol's mind, become her children now, and she promised to keep them safe. Could Carol be that cold even toward an innocent baby she put efforts into learning how to do a c-section for (on a walker no less) and then helped care for on a daily basis?

So, will Carol choose to protect everyone, including the baby, or will she be tempted to sacrifice Judith for the good of the others? Will Tyreese see this side of her? And will we see a darker side of Tyreese?

If she does keep Judith safe, do you think Rick would let her back in the group as it reforms?

Regardless of Carol's choice, will she survive the remainder of this season?
Do you think anyone from the powder-keg group of Tyreese, Carol, Mika, Lizzie, Luke, Molly, and Judith will make it?

Future tv show spoilers and old comic volume spoilers under this cut below. It's a short continuation of the above spoiler cut, but you should only read if you have read the comic or don't care.
For those who have read the comic and watch the show, does anyone else find it interesting/weird how the comic had Tyreese and Carol had a relationship, while in the tv show they have this murder connecting them? Really, so much for seeing any relationship form between them. Unless Carol and Tyreese hook up really fast before running into anyone who knows the truth. But that would make Carol an even sicker lady if she hooks up with Tyreese after what she did to Karen. ... Yeah, hopefully the show doesn't go that far. >.>;;

And does anyone remember how dark Tyreese got at times in the comic? Like with Chris when he was found with Tyreese's daughter Julie after the failed suicide pact? Do you think that kind of side will show in the tv series in regards to Carol when the truth is finally revealed? I am a bit worried Tyreese might not survive either. If Lizzie is witness to an attack on Carol, I could really see her shooting Tyreese.

In the comic it was originally Tyreese who was beheaded by the Governor. I think TV Tyreese's time might be numbered. Maybe he'll survive into season 5, but I don't think he will last into 6 (if AMC has a season 6). Heck, Bob could become the new Chris who starts dating Sasha. And everything can completely fall apart there for Ty.

PLEASE KEEP THE DISCUSSION IN REGARDS TO CAROL AND WHAT WAS BROUGHT UP IN MY OPENING POST.
If you have a spoiler about something else in the future of the show, please make your own thread.

Darling

Desna
At the same time, if my belief is correct, Judith will be there. Carol could become like the protective mother of that baby and struggle to keep Judith and everyone else in her group alive. OR, she could want to give in to the same reason that drove her to kill Karen and David. To kill for the sake of the rest of the group. Judith is a threat to all of them. A baby cries for just about any reason. This will only draw in walkers. And Rick banished Carol and tried to send her away from Lizzie and Mika. Those two girls have, in Carol's mind, become her children now, and she promised to keep them safe. Could Carol be that cold even toward an innocent baby she put efforts into learning how to do a c-section for (on a walker no less) and then helped care for on a daily basis?

emotion_0A0 Holy crap, that would be dark. I hadn't even thought of that before. It would definitely fit the bill for controversial!

If she does, that could be the end of Carol. There's no way Rick would let her back into the group. Then again, if Tyreese attacks Carol, but Lizzie shoots him... who would tell Rick? She could roll back into the group, give them a sob story they made up, and carry on living in the protection of the group. That would definitely make for good TV! I think it would be really interesting if they turned one of the originals into a dark character like that.

I'm not sure if Carol is really that cold, though. I still think she feels bad for what she did to Karen and David. Maybeit's just wishful thinking on my part, but I do hope that Carol tries to protect Judith. I feel like that is her only way to redeem herself and re-enter the group as a friend. I'm worried Lizzie is going to be more of a threat to the baby. Carol just might find herself in Rick's shoes.

I definitely think that we're going to see the darker side of Tyreese. He's going to lose his cool if Carol tells him. He'll probably stop just short of killing her, because he doesn't want to be like her. Like when he held that one guy whose name I forgot over the walker pit in Woodbury, but ultimately realized what he was doing was wrong. I could see that sort of situation happening again.

That said, there's a very real possibility that Tyreese could completely lose control and kill Carol. Lizzie could kill Tyreese in turn, leaving the kids to their own devices. That would certainly be something.

There are so many possibilities.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces