<3 </3

Did you like last night's episode?

Yes! 0.49295774647887 49.3% [ 35 ]
No 0.50704225352113 50.7% [ 36 ]
Total Votes:[ 71 ]
1 2 >

Wheezing Friend

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright
Come on, if you didn't know there was something up with Eugene then you don't pay enough attention to the show xD
I know from the first time they showed his face that he couldn't be trusted and that he wasn't an actual scientist.
I was disappointed how that was supposed to be the big wow factor at the end of last night's episode.
Plus how many of you only like episodes with Rick, Daryl, Carol, Carl, etc.? I fel like the quality of the episodes are a lot better when it follows the main story line, it's more intense and more jaw-dropping stuff happens.
The only good part about last nights episode was when Eugene killed all those walkers with the hose thing on the firetruck. Learning about Abrahams history was cool too.
The rest of the episode was boring and stupid, and I was really disappointed considering the mid-season finale is in a few weeks.

User Image

Thieving Millionaire

9,150 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The episode was a focus on Abraham's character and some of his backstory, seeing as how I missed most of the previous season (thanks to a job that conflicted with the airing of the episodes and the resident's bed times, which isn't easy when the residents are elementary/middle school aged intellectually disabled children with school the following day and not reading the wiki about Eugene as a character) I was unaware that Eugene took advantage of Abraham's situation.

Beloved Spook

50,350 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
I don't read the comics & I don't Wiki anything so I don't what is gonna happen unless I come to this forum & read spoilers.
But I always thought something was off with Eugene.
And then I found out what it was.....he's a creeper peeping through windows & watching people have sex.
And although this episode wasn't the best, I was glad to learn some of Abraham's back story.

Distinct Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
So, providing backstory to a potentially longer-lasting character is..boring and stupid? Right. Okay. No. Not every episode has to be about the main story-line, and not just the original gang is important. This show is about the people, and that might include those you dislike. Just because it doesn't revolve around your 'favorites' doesn't make it pointless. I was rather glad to learn more about their bg, to be honest. It's small things that make the characters seem more human.

Wheezing Friend

Unsolved Mystery
I don't read the comics & I don't Wiki anything so I don't what is gonna happen unless I come to this forum & read spoilers.
But I always thought something was off with Eugene.
And then I found out what it was.....he's a creeper peeping through windows & watching people have sex.
And although this episode wasn't the best, I was glad to learn some of Abraham's back story.

Yeah I thought that aspect was good because they've been on the show a decent amount of time so I was glad to finally learn about Abraham's past. I don't read the comics or wiki either, but you could tell Eugene wasn't an actual scientist because he didn't seem completely educated and smart like he should have, if he were a scientist.

Wheezing Friend

Dove_of_Dawn
So, providing backstory to a potentially longer-lasting character is..boring and stupid? Right. Okay. No. Not every episode has to be about the main story-line, and not just the original gang is important. This show is about the people, and that might include those you dislike. Just because it doesn't revolve around your 'favorites' doesn't make it pointless. I was rather glad to learn more about their bg, to be honest. It's small things that make the characters seem more human.

I liked learning about Abrahams past too, don't get me wrong. He's been on the show awhile so I was glad they finally showed us. But what I'm saying is that the episodes seem to be better when it follows the main story line, this episode sort of dragged out and I was bored.. Usually during the episodes I am never doing other things but with this one I started doing homework because it was boring.

Wheezing Smoker

14,800 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I agree the episode was boring but when they flash backed to Eugene running and crying so slowly towards Abraham, I just lost it, I couldnt stop laughing.
How did he even survive that long?

Wheezing Friend

thetinprince
I agree the episode was boring but when they flash backed to Eugene running and crying so slowly towards Abraham, I just lost it, I couldnt stop laughing.
How did he even survive that long?

Right?! So pathetic haha

Ruthless Hellraiser

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
Dove_of_Dawn

I agree with all of this. Was a solid episode that fleshed out Abraham's Army, who are central characters in the comics.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
It was an alright episode. I feel like it's been awhile since we had any significant back story to anybody new... But I wasn't really "shocked" about Eugene.
In all honesty, it made me eye roll that anybody believed him in the first place.
I mean, it can't be that big of a shock.

The episode may have a bigger impact in the future.

Like, uh, maybe they go back and warn Rick and co. That there is an a tire farmland of walkers 20 miles down the road?

I was so sad seeing that. Just like.... " Noooooo way in hell getting past that!" >_<!!!

Wheezing Friend

Rachuul
It was an alright episode. I feel like it's been awhile since we had any significant back story to anybody new... But I wasn't really "shocked" about Eugene.
In all honesty, it made me eye roll that anybody believed him in the first place.
I mean, it can't be that big of a shock.

The episode may have a bigger impact in the future.

Like, uh, maybe they go back and warn Rick and co. That there is an a tire farmland of walkers 20 miles down the road?

I was so sad seeing that. Just like.... " Noooooo way in hell getting past that!" >_<!!!

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_nitemareright
Hahaha yeah I agree xD Big eye roll haha
Yeah that's very true, I'm just so used to the episodes being about the main cast and they are so much more intense when they are. That's why I was disappointed with this one. I legitimately got bored during this episode when usually I don't. I love this show for the intensity and when you can't guess what'll happen next, that why this episode sucked for me.

User Image

High-functioning Tycoon

5,775 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
I think it was a pretty good episode. I like the back story, and now we know why he never wanted to stop going, He has nothing else to live for.
As for Eugene , that was such a disappointment but I knew it was coming.

Wheezing Smoker

14,800 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I hope they cut his hair as punishment

Lovey-girly's Fangirl

Invisible Seeker

38,315 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
thetinprince
I hope they cut his hair as punishment

Sounds like you don't like the Tennessee Top Hat he's sportin'. emotion_awesome

Shirtless Tycoon

15,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Josie 25
Abraham and co. are irritating as ******** and their dialogue sounds like it was written by a dollar store Kevin Smith or Diablo Cody. Way too wordy, try-hard "wit" that nobody would say in real life.

It's not that I dislike character development. I LOVE it. I just don't think they do it very well.

I think a flashback is a terrible way to develop a character. It's quick and dirty - but this development with Abraham was unsatisfying and could have been achieved much quicker. All we know is that he's a meathead whose family was killed due to his meatheadedness... I really didn't even get that vibe from him before. He didn't start having temper problems until last episode. All of a sudden he has anger management problems, coinciding with this. They need to work that s**t into the character the entire time the character exists on screen, not add bullshit backstory in last minute and then expect us to accept that.

Bob had to die and suddenly he's acting cheery and has conveniently developed kissy face feelings w/ Sasha. How odd that had a huge alcoholism problem that was magically solved midway and now they act like that was never part of his character! DOES ANYONE EVEN REMEMBER THAT BOB WAS AN ALCOHOLIC?!?!?! Also like Hershel conveniently developed sudden alcoholism in that one episode and it completely vanished later! DA FUQ~

Carl is shot in the stomach and endures surgery by a veterinarian only to have no trace of ever being shot after that.

Maggie has forgotten about Beth. sigh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces