Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I've been watching alot of zombie movies the last few days (Horde, Romero's movies, Dead Snow, etc etc) and I've noticed something.. Is everyone a retard in these movies?

I have noticed that most people in the movies seem to have never heard of a zombie.. When the outbreak happens everyone's like "WHAT IS GOING ON? WHAT ARE THOSE PEOPLE DOING?"

Most people don't go "Oh s**t it's zombies.. let's get the ******** out of here" Or "OH YEAH!! THANK GOD I'VE BEEN PLANNING FOR THIS FOR YEARS!"

I think it's kind of funny that in most movies there's never the guy/girl that everyone thought was paranoid but turns out that all those years of Fearing the zombie Apocalypse is going to pay out for them.

Idk... Just a funny thought i had.
If the people in the movies were smart then the movie would be stupid. It would be over in 30mins, they have to be stupid in order to draw the viewers attention and what not.

That being said the people are always dumb.

Miiles Upshur's Husband

Apocalyptic Singing

User Image

I actually heard somewhere that some people working on this show said the world in the show is kind of like an alternate to ours. These zombie films we're so familiar with don't exist in their world, so that's how nobody knows a bit about what's going on. (And also a reason why the term zombies aren't used constantly.)

They might've said something about how stuff like this is in other films, I don't remember. Still, I think it makes it a little more dramatic, a little more frightening, though, you know? Sure, where we are, it would be terrifying... at least to most. But we know what they are and would, in cases like this, know what they do/how to handle them. These people in The Walking Dead, Shaun Of The Dead, or wtfever else, they have no clue, so they have to figure it out themselves.

I do love the concept of that paranoid guy who just knows what's going on, though...

User Image
User Image

Nerd

Well think about it... If your best friend came to your door looking like that, MOST peoples reaction would be WTF IS GOING ON?! Its only natural... If my town turned out to be infested with zombies, Id want to get the ******** out of here too, its not like Im wanting to stick around to get bitten or overrun.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
XxJdMnFaMoUsXx
If the people in the movies were smart then the movie would be stupid. It would be over in 30mins, they have to be stupid in order to draw the viewers attention and what not.

I understand that but Idk it just seems like alot of the same stuff.. i just find it boring when it's basically the same rehashed idea over and over.

Idk if I've seen a single story where the people were smart and had a plan from the get go. It would be nice for a change or if anyone knows of a movie where they do, please tell me!!!

Familiar Raider

4,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
FurryTyrant
XxJdMnFaMoUsXx

I understand that but Idk it just seems like alot of the same stuff.. i just find it boring when it's basically the same rehashed idea over and over.

Idk if I've seen a single story where the people were smart and had a plan from the get go. It would be nice for a change or if anyone knows of a movie where they do, please tell me!!!

Yea most zombie movies are the same thing over and over. Someone gets infected,people run for their lives, they hide, and act stupid. xD
Yeah I mean its kinda dumb how people are like " oh no whats wrong with that person & why are they trying to bite me & look sickly!?" but really in any zombie movies do they not know what the hell they look or act like? and I think I like highschool of the dead lol

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Tresxx
Yeah I mean its kinda dumb how people are like " oh no whats wrong with that person & why are they trying to bite me & look sickly!?" but really in any zombie movies do they not know what the hell they look or act like? and I think I like highschool of the dead lol

I just think it's goofy that most times people die in the movies because they're like "oh let me check it out.. *strolls over... get eaten*" Most times, people aren't like "Let's get the ******** outta here! NOW!!!"
FurryTyrant
Tresxx

I just think it's goofy that most times people die in the movies because they're like "oh let me check it out.. *strolls over... get eaten*" Most times, people aren't like "Let's get the ******** outta here! NOW!!!"

So does that mean that Everyone in zombie movies is lacking in common sense?

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Tresxx
FurryTyrant
Tresxx

So does that mean that Everyone in zombie movies is lacking in common sense?

lol I hope not. Aren't movies suppose be a semi- reflection of society at the time that they were made? Because that means that we lack alot of common sense.

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Sometimes ...
i think all scary movies ae like that. here are some examlpes.

-"Oh-no the power is out what ever shall we do?" *insert ******** anywhere into sentence*

-"I'll go to the dimly lit genorator room alone and turn on the power"

- *hears a noise, guy thinks it's one of his freinds pranking him*

-then guy investigates noise, finds nothing,turn around and the DA-DA-DA the killer stands behind him and kills him.

-and then slut ******** people,the stoners get high and the only 2 smart people (male,female) kiss,kill the killer,survive then ride off into the sunset.
most people don't think zombies r real when their not but for those few who think they r real and they r gonna take over the world don't worry we r so much more advanced and we r much faster then them so we can escape and live but we need weapons so gather the weapons.

Sparkly Noob

Maybe they feel there wouldn't be much of a movie if everyone was smart and could figure out things easily. Meh I'unno. User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff