Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
This is a thread dedicated to Shane, reply to this thread with what you think about him. Good or bad, he gave us a deep impression crying

Shane is the kind of character in which you just hate having around but you are just glad as well to have him around at hard times.

He was
(1) a good combatant (he aims so well)
(2) a good teacher (he taught Andrea how to place a good head shot)
(3) a survivor (he killed Otis to save himself--I somehow agree with him doing this as he was a stronger combatant compare to Otis, he probably let him go to a better place than this Zombie Apocalypse.. it's a 50-50 agreement from me)
(4) a good companion to have.

whee whee whee whee whee scream SHANE THREAD scream whee whee whee whee whee

Devoted Cleric

11,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
It's not safe to go alone, take this.

User Image

Eloquent Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
he was useless in the comics besides helping lori and carl get to the camp.

And he was useless in the show too really.
He got people killed in both the comics and show, he ******** up rick's and lori's relationship in the show, he turned rick against the group by making rick kill him.

the list could go on and on
I actually liked him. :3
If I were in a situation with zombies then I'd have him as a leader, tots. x3
The only down side about him is that he takes things too far. (Example: Freeing all of the zombies in the barn near the season's end - this risked the others' lives that were there, even if he did have enough bullets to shoot them all)
But he does make good points, so his intentions are, for the most part good.
Shane was an a** hole and im glade he is gone he should have died in the first season

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Checkmate Hon
The only down side about him is that he takes things too far. (Example: Freeing all of the zombies in the barn near the season's end - this risked the others' lives that were there, even if he did have enough bullets to shoot them all)

That's true, realistically.

It's like a love and hate situation with him.

You love him when he saves your a**, but then you will gonna hate him when he turns around to snap your neck scream scream

Party Animal

12,240 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200
(1) Yes. He was a good fighter. But, he wasn't that good. To be an exceptional fighter, one must keep their heads. He barely had enough left in his head to worry about. I blame the stress of the end of the world, the dead rising up, his guilt over how he left Rick behind and the added responsibilities of having a his best friend's wife and son to take care of. Not to mention that Lori was a bit off her wagon because of it all. She helped drive the final nail in his coffin.

(2) Yes, he been a good teacher. In a post-apocalytic world, Shane passed on an extremely valuable bit of knowledge and skill to someone else - and she paid him back with a piece of a**! What more could anyone want?

(3) I don't think that him sacrificing Otis the way he did is something anyone should brag about. Sure, he did what was needed at that point, but if they had planned it better, it wouldn't have needed to happen in the first place.

(4) NO! Shane WAS NOT a "good companion to have". He would protect you as long as you were agreeing with him. If not, then you were as good as dead. A sociopath IS NOT a "good companion". You would be stressed enough with keeping an eye out for zombies, but with Shane around, you'd be looking over your shoulder because of him, as well. Not to mention the danger from the living. That's far too many points of stress. You need to re-evaluate you "friend" priorities a little. Making a bad choice in friends is a good way to get yourself killed.
AssassinxBrad
Checkmate Hon

That's true, realistically.

It's like a love and hate situation with him.

You love him when he saves your a**, but then you will gonna hate him when he turns around to snap your neck scream scream

Exactly, lol. Someone who agrees with me. xD

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
EarthBoundBaby
(1) Yes. He was a good fighter. But, he wasn't that good. To be an exceptional fighter, one must keep their heads. He barely had enough left in his head to worry about. I blame the stress of the end of the world, the dead rising up, his guilt over how he left Rick behind and the added responsibilities of having a his best friend's wife and son to take care of. Not to mention that Lori was a bit off her wagon because of it all. She helped drive the final nail in his coffin.

(2) Yes, he been a good teacher. In a post-apocalytic world, Shane passed on an extremely valuable bit of knowledge and skill to someone else - and she paid him back with a piece of a**! What more could anyone want?

(3) I don't think that him sacrificing Otis the way he did is something anyone should brag about. Sure, he did what was needed at that point, but if they had planned it better, it wouldn't have needed to happen in the first place.

(4) NO! Shane WAS NOT a "good companion to have". He would protect you as long as you were agreeing with him. If not, then you were as good as dead. A sociopath IS NOT a "good companion". You would be stressed enough with keeping an eye out for zombies, but with Shane around, you'd be looking over your shoulder because of him, as well. Not to mention the danger from the living. That's far too many points of stress. You need to re-evaluate you "friend" priorities a little. Making a bad choice in friends is a good way to get yourself killed.

I don't believe Shane was a sociopath, and I do agree the stress has gotten the best of him. I did not say "friend", I said "companion". Very different meanings sweatdrop but thanks for your input. I appreciate it wink

Party Animal

12,240 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200
Actually, NO. Look in a thesaurus. Another word FOR "companion" IS friend. Now, the definition of companion states that a companion is someone who accompanies or spends time with another. I would hope that one has more wisdom than to spend time with bad influences, or someone who may end up harming them. Otis had been a hunter, and had been keeping the farm in ample stock. Being a hunter, he was aware of how to prepare a kill. A VERY useful skill. He was a good tracker, as well, or he wouldn't have been such a successful hunter. That's what Otis had been doing, when he shot Carl. He hadn't seen Carl BECAUSE of the prey he had been hunting. This is why hunter wear safety orange. Shane took Otis and his skill out of the picture. Otis had been a part of the farm far before Shane even knew it even existed.
A sociopath is a person whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. They are also notorious for behaving in the VERY SAME manner that Shane did. He didn't care that he might possibly kill Rick, his best friend since high school, his comrade-in-arms, and the husband of Lori and father of a young boy. All he saw was what he could've had and he resented Rick for being alive - for coming back. After the shock of everything that happened during the zombie apocalypse and barely making off with Lori and Carl, and the group, Shane settled into a precarious new existence. We weren't told much of Shane's background, but he did seem to know a little more about the relationship between Rick and Lori than what could be considered normal. It was as if he were family, instead of a friend. There are just some things that you don't relate to friends. But, if that friend were ALWAYS around, and a VERY BIG part of your life - after all, they not only went to school together, but most likely trained and entered the police force together - then they would know more than might be considered normal. I mean, didn't Shane have a life of his own, without Rick, Lori and Carl? If he did, he couldn't have been too close to them. I find it strange that Dale spoke of his wife, and Andrea spoke of her father, and Herschel and his daughters spoke of their family, and even Daryl spoke of his brother Merle. Curiouser and curiouser.

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
EarthBoundBaby
Actually, NO. Look in a thesaurus. Another word FOR "companion" IS friend. Now, the definition of companion states that a companion is someone who accompanies or spends time with another. I would hope that one has more wisdom than to spend time with bad influences, or someone who may end up harming them. Otis had been a hunter, and had been keeping the farm in ample stock. Being a hunter, he was aware of how to prepare a kill. A VERY useful skill. He was a good tracker, as well, or he wouldn't have been such a successful hunter. That's what Otis had been doing, when he shot Carl. He hadn't seen Carl BECAUSE of the prey he had been hunting. This is why hunter wear safety orange. Shane took Otis and his skill out of the picture. Otis had been a part of the farm far before Shane even knew it even existed.
A sociopath is a person whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. They are also notorious for behaving in the VERY SAME manner that Shane did. He didn't care that he might possibly kill Rick, his best friend since high school, his comrade-in-arms, and the husband of Lori and father of a young boy. All he saw was what he could've had and he resented Rick for being alive - for coming back. After the shock of everything that happened during the zombie apocalypse and barely making off with Lori and Carl, and the group, Shane settled into a precarious new existence. We weren't told much of Shane's background, but he did seem to know a little more about the relationship between Rick and Lori than what could be considered normal. It was as if he were family, instead of a friend. There are just some things that you don't relate to friends. But, if that friend were ALWAYS around, and a VERY BIG part of your life - after all, they not only went to school together, but most likely trained and entered the police force together - then they would know more than might be considered normal. I mean, didn't Shane have a life of his own, without Rick, Lori and Carl? If he did, he couldn't have been too close to them. I find it strange that Dale spoke of his wife, and Andrea spoke of her father, and Herschel and his daughters spoke of their family, and even Daryl spoke of his brother Merle. Curiouser and curiouser.

Moral responsibility? He chose to live, for God's sake. If he didn't sacrificed Otis, they both would've died. And Carl would've died if Shane didn't make it back. He contributed so much to Lori & Carl because he loved them. He wasn't antisocial, he just did what he had to. Even though that some people may not like his choices or decisions, but when you're calling the shots.. there will always be people who will disagree with you.

Not that I like Shane or what, but you can't just hate him because he seems all crazy.

What would you do if you were in the shoes of Shane?

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
EarthBoundBaby

And yes companion may has same meaning as friend but in my case, it's not.

Hell with Thesaurus, you type 'sleep', does 'hibernation' means the same as sleep? How about 'nap'? They have almost close and identical meanings, but I assure you, they still mean different things.

Party Animal

12,240 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200
AssassinxBrad
EarthBoundBaby

Moral responsibility? He chose to live, for God's sake. If he didn't sacrificed Otis, they both would've died. And Carl would've died if Shane didn't make it back. He contributed so much to Lori & Carl because he loved them. He wasn't antisocial, he just did what he had to. Even though that some people may not like his choices or decisions, but when you're calling the shots.. there will always be people who will disagree with you.

Not that I like Shane or what, but you can't just hate him because he seems all crazy.

What would you do if you were in the shoes of Shane?

First, never in any of my posts did I ever say that I "hate" Shane. I don't. I, also, wouldn't trust him. But, let's REMEMBER, that this is all FICTIONAL and MAKE BELIEVE and it's only my opinion, anyway. If you don't want the opinions of others, then DO NOT ASK FOR IT.
Second, if I had been Shane, I would've NEVER even thought of beginning a relationship with the wife of my best friend, who I had left behind in a hospital. Even though I wouldn't have been able to help leaving Rick behind, I still would've felt to guilty about it to bed his wife while his possible corpse lie in a hospital room like a mummy in a tomb. I do believe than Shane made the right decision on leaving Rick in the hospital.
Last, if both - yes, BOTH - Otis AND Shane had planned BETTER, Shane wouldn't have had to sacrifice Otis, at all.

Party Animal

12,240 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200
AssassinxBrad
EarthBoundBaby

And yes companion may has same meaning as friend but in my case, it's not.

Hell with Thesaurus, you type 'sleep', does 'hibernation' means the same as sleep? How about 'nap'? They have almost close and identical meanings, but I assure you, they still mean different things.

YES. The general definition of hibernation DOES mean the same thing as sleep, ONLY A DEEPER STATE OF IT. It is similar to sleep. Bears go into a deep sleep. Alot of mammals, reptiles and amphibians go into a deep sleep, as well. I think it means something different to a human. You can wake a bear from hibernation. It's not as if they were in a coma.
OH, AND THIS ISN'T REAL. THE WALKING DEAD IS JUT PRETEND.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff