Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
EarthBoundBaby
AssassinxBrad
EarthBoundBaby
Actually, NO. Look in a thesaurus. Another word FOR "companion" IS friend. Now, the definition of companion states that a companion is someone who accompanies or spends time with another. I would hope that one has more wisdom than to spend time with bad influences, or someone who may end up harming them. Otis had been a hunter, and had been keeping the farm in ample stock. Being a hunter, he was aware of how to prepare a kill. A VERY useful skill. He was a good tracker, as well, or he wouldn't have been such a successful hunter. That's what Otis had been doing, when he shot Carl. He hadn't seen Carl BECAUSE of the prey he had been hunting. This is why hunter wear safety orange. Shane took Otis and his skill out of the picture. Otis had been a part of the farm far before Shane even knew it even existed.
A sociopath is a person whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. They are also notorious for behaving in the VERY SAME manner that Shane did. He didn't care that he might possibly kill Rick, his best friend since high school, his comrade-in-arms, and the husband of Lori and father of a young boy. All he saw was what he could've had and he resented Rick for being alive - for coming back. After the shock of everything that happened during the zombie apocalypse and barely making off with Lori and Carl, and the group, Shane settled into a precarious new existence. We weren't told much of Shane's background, but he did seem to know a little more about the relationship between Rick and Lori than what could be considered normal. It was as if he were family, instead of a friend. There are just some things that you don't relate to friends. But, if that friend were ALWAYS around, and a VERY BIG part of your life - after all, they not only went to school together, but most likely trained and entered the police force together - then they would know more than might be considered normal. I mean, didn't Shane have a life of his own, without Rick, Lori and Carl? If he did, he couldn't have been too close to them. I find it strange that Dale spoke of his wife, and Andrea spoke of her father, and Herschel and his daughters spoke of their family, and even Daryl spoke of his brother Merle. Curiouser and curiouser.

Moral responsibility? He chose to live, for God's sake. If he didn't sacrificed Otis, they both would've died. And Carl would've died if Shane didn't make it back. He contributed so much to Lori & Carl because he loved them. He wasn't antisocial, he just did what he had to. Even though that some people may not like his choices or decisions, but when you're calling the shots.. there will always be people who will disagree with you.

Not that I like Shane or what, but you can't just hate him because he seems all crazy.

What would you do if you were in the shoes of Shane?

First, never in any of my posts did I ever say that I "hate" Shane. I don't. I, also, wouldn't trust him. But, let's REMEMBER, that this is all FICTIONAL and MAKE BELIEVE and it's only my opinion, anyway. If you don't want the opinions of others, then DO NOT ASK FOR IT.
Second, if I had been Shane, I would've NEVER even thought of beginning a relationship with the wife of my best friend, who I had left behind in a hospital. Even though I wouldn't have been able to help leaving Rick behind, I still would've felt to guilty about it to bed his wife while his possible corpse lie in a hospital room like a mummy in a tomb. I do believe than Shane made the right decision on leaving Rick in the hospital.
Last, if both - yes, BOTH - Otis AND Shane had planned BETTER, Shane wouldn't have had to sacrifice Otis, at all.

Okay, you don't hate Shane, but I think you hate me for disagreeing with you. You go all the way to prove the use of my words are wrong. I did ask for people's opinion but I just don't see why you have to go all the way to disagree with me when I pointed out the different meaning of words that I used to clarify my use of words are definitely correct. I even stated that I appreciate your opinion, and I even said thanks >.> I disagree with you slightly and agree with you on some points as well *just to be friendly* but you just couldn't do the same. And that's why I'm typing this reply to you and I don't know why >_>"

As you said "hibernation" means "deep sleep", it doesn't JUST means "sleep".

Like for "friend" means a "good companion that you prefer to have". But companions can be good and bad in many ways. And it just doesn't JUST means "friend" once again.
zothaq
he was useless in the comics besides helping lori and carl get to the camp.

And he was useless in the show too really.
He got people killed in both the comics and show, he ******** up rick's and lori's relationship in the show, he turned rick against the group by making rick kill him.

the list could go on and on

Thank you! He was useless. It was a shame the only thing he could do right, was ******** things up. And even later in the comics, his whole I banged your wife thing, copmes back to haunt Lori and Rick. Ugh. Such a prat.

4,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Wall Street 200
I look like Rick
Shane dies on show FINALLY
??????
Profit

My input biggrin

Unbeatable Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
He wasn't that great a combatant. He just had good police training with head shots.

He isn't a good companion, considering he'd kill you without a second thought so that he could survive.

And he'd make you suffer when he did kill you, letting you be torn apart while alive by zombies.

Anyone could give tips on shooting.

And yeah, if you disagreed with him, you die.
If you aren't useful, you die.
If he doesn't like you, he'll try to beat you up or take your farm.
shane is (was) a major butthole..... ughh

Adorable Nymph

9,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PyramidHead SHW
He wasn't that great a combatant. He just had good police training with head shots.

He isn't a good companion, considering he'd kill you without a second thought so that he could survive.

And he'd make you suffer when he did kill you, letting you be torn apart while alive by zombies.

Exactly! He found you a "threat" if you thought he was wrong. He killed Otis to save himself, not Carl. I don't think that in the end he cared about anyone but himself and maybe Lori.

3,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
ApocalypticSaint
PyramidHead SHW

Exactly! He found you a "threat" if you thought he was wrong. He killed Otis to save himself, not Carl. I don't think that in the end he cared about anyone but himself and maybe Lori.

well tecnically he left otis to die,and he wanted rick out of the way because he wanted lori so badly that he can forget he had a best friend. So its a good thing he died in the show. He was a good charcter at first,then he started becoming a pshycopath. well... almost.

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
It's funny how the girls like him and he gets on the guys nerves in the movies. Like others have said, he was pretty useless in the comics.

I just started reading the comics and hell, I think Shane is pretty useless except for saving Lori and Carl. Which something kinda everyone hopes didn't. But Lori and Carl were the motivation for Rick to survive. I like how Kirkman put it in his comics. It really builds up characters and show how they change and in different angles due to their nature and the different state of mind showing all the emotions of the characters. Shane was just like other characters except for that he had s3x with Rick's wife and wanted to kill Rick. The comics' Shane was a better Shane. The movie Shane was like a psycho who is just controlling his mental instability, which kinda freaks me out and ask when they gonna make him start to wanna kill Rick (way to go for the suspend!). It was damn funny that Rick killed Shane with a knife. Haha

PyramidHead SHW

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
kiro3123
ApocalypticSaint
PyramidHead SHW

well tecnically he left otis to die,and he wanted rick out of the way because he wanted lori so badly that he can forget he had a best friend. So its a good thing he died in the show. He was a good charcter at first,then he started becoming a pshycopath. well... almost.

Okay you've made some good points here. I like it.

emo wahmbulance wahmbulance SPOILER ALERT wahmbulance wahmbulance

However gonna disagree wig you on the Otis thing. Someone who would mistake. a kid for a deer is just a bad shooter during a zombie apocalypse. In the comics, Otis died during a raid by the zombie gang in the prison mysteriously, but in the movie... Haiyaiyai. Anyway, Otis was a character who is dumb in his brains, which portrayed well by the actor who shot Carl.

Shane had a broken leg and Otis was tired and they both have one bullet left. They were catching up to them. Is is the honorable thing to do to kill yourself and let Otis run off? Hmm, I don't know. Nobody waNs to die, everybody wants to try to survive.

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
He cares about Carl alot. Anyone remember the scene when he busted Rick for not talking to his son when Rick said he will ask Lori to do it. Anyone remember how he pressured Rick to talk to Carl? Well, turns out that was just another thing that makes Shane thinks "I'm a better father than you!"

3,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
AssassinxBrad
kiro3123
ApocalypticSaint
PyramidHead SHW

Okay you've made some good points here. I like it.

emo wahmbulance wahmbulance SPOILER ALERT wahmbulance wahmbulance

However gonna disagree wig you on the Otis thing. Someone who would mistake. a kid for a deer is just a bad shooter during a zombie apocalypse. In the comics, Otis died during a raid by the zombie gang in the prison mysteriously, but in the movie... Haiyaiyai. Anyway, Otis was a character who is dumb in his brains, which portrayed well by the actor who shot Carl.

Shane had a broken leg and Otis was tired and they both have one bullet left. They were catching up to them. Is is the honorable thing to do to kill yourself and let Otis run off? Hmm, I don't know. Nobody waNs to die, everybody wants to try to survive.

I will agree on what you said,but otis didnt see carl until he fell to the ground.The deer was obviously blocking carl from otis's view so,it wasnt that he was killed because he was dumb. he was killed because shane needed bait in order to live,so he shot otis in the leg,grabbed what he had on him,and left him for the walkers.

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
kiro3123
ApocalypticSaint
PyramidHead SHW

I hate it when Rick said "it's no more a democracy" what the hell...

3,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
AssassinxBrad
kiro3123
ApocalypticSaint
PyramidHead SHW

I hate it when Rick said "it's no more a democracy" what the hell...

Acually Rick is right that there is no more democracy. The orld has gone to ****,and with the walkers out there that there was no government to protect them,which meant that there was no democracy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff