Fanatical Zealot

Feline Hunter

4,250 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • First step to fame 200
Suicidesoldier#1
Why so?

Cause he's badass and he's doing what needs to be done in order to survive.
he's not even supposed to be alive. he was supposed to die in Atlanta!!! if you want badass Michonne wouldv'e been it had they decided to include her in the tv series. Shane is doing what needs to be done but he should just go off on his own already instead of causing tension amongst the group- there's enough of that already. how do you think he'll last before he becomes insane?

note- this is just my opinion.

Fanatical Zealot

The Nurse Is a Zombie
Suicidesoldier#1
Why so?

Releasing a barn full of walkers on people, needlessly killing someone, seeking out to kill dale, screwing his best friends wife; this has nothing to do with "doing what's necessary for survival". ._.

Feline Hunter

4,250 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • First step to fame 200
Suicidesoldier#1
The Nurse Is a Zombie
Suicidesoldier#1
Why so?

Releasing a barn full of walkers on people, needlessly killing someone, seeking out to kill dale, screwing his best friends wife; this has nothing to do with "doing what's necessary for survival". ._.

1. Everyone Had A Gun.. I Rather Open the barn with 5 armed people behind me then to have the walkers break out while I'm sleeping and wake to find them chowing down on my leg like a homeless crack head.

2. Dale shouldn't of took the guns, what would of happened if something like what happened at the camping ground happened, people would be gunless with no sense of where the guns were.

3. Screwing Rick's Wife.. Well They thought he was dead... Sex is something that people would do in a zombie Apocalypse, you never know when your gonna die... why not experience something great before you die.. no one thinks of the consequences in a Apocalypse.. you enjoy life to the fullest.

4. Killing Otis.. Well.. Both of them wouldn't of made it.
Shane saw himself having a better chance of him surviving than Otis,
So he did what was necessary to save a little boys life.

Feline Hunter

4,250 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • First step to fame 200
daisy-e wood
he's not even supposed to be alive. he was supposed to die in Atlanta!!! if you want badass Michonne wouldv'e been it had they decided to include her in the tv series. Shane is doing what needs to be done but he should just go off on his own already instead of causing tension amongst the group- there's enough of that already. how do you think he'll last before he becomes insane?

he's not insane or going insane. he's in survival mode.
he doing what needs to be done.

Shirtless Gawker

5,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Heckler 50
daisy-e wood
he's not even supposed to be alive. he was supposed to die in Atlanta!!! if you want badass Michonne wouldv'e been it had they decided to include her in the tv series.

Michonne wouldn't have been with them this early in the show anyway, she joins them once they get to the prison in the comic.

He's insane.
He has serious temperamental issues that are going to get the group in s**t.
I understand that he's in survival mode.
But he's having some self-issues right now.
I hate him.
As much as I want him to die, he won't, though.
So it's a pointless hate.
Cool Trainer Steve
daisy-e wood
he's not even supposed to be alive. he was supposed to die in Atlanta!!! if you want badass Michonne wouldv'e been it had they decided to include her in the tv series.

Michonne wouldn't have been with them this early in the show anyway, she joins them once they get to the prison in the comic.

sry- but still if they wanted a cool character they wouldn't have to settle fore shane seeing as how isn't supposed to be alive anyhow

Shirtless Gawker

5,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Heckler 50
daisy-e wood
Cool Trainer Steve
daisy-e wood

sry- but still if they wanted a cool character they wouldn't have to settle fore shane seeing as how isn't supposed to be alive anyhow

Well the show doesn't necessarily follow the comic. They take key plot points from the comics and then go their own way from there. Having Shane alive in the show is great for Rick's character, since Shane is basically the opposite of how Rick is right now. Its expected that they will butt heads a lot further down the line, which will add a lot to the show. I'm sure Michonne will be in the show eventually though, Robert Kirkman says everyone keeps asking him about her so hopefully he'll give the fans what they want lol.
The Nurse Is a Zombie
daisy-e wood

he's not insane or going insane. he's in survival mode.
he doing what needs to be done.

he can do that without being hostile and more collected- does he seem collected to you? you can be in stealth-killer-survival mode without being a jerk to everyone. there have been plenty of character's who have gone into survival mode and not lost their head, the one's who kept their cool last longer.

plus if he wasn't so angry most of the time more people may be willing to side with him but if he continues like this , in the long run he'd be better off alone- and last longer too.
I think he is slowly going to far. He is in survival mode, but he is still being motivated by selfish desires.
yes, what dale did was not the best move, but as he said, paraphrased Shane will do what he has to to get what he wants.
when he tried for something he wants and doesn't get it, then he gets frustrated and does something stupid. one of the first instances of this was him aiming and thinking about shooting rick near Atlanta. he was frustrated because Lori, his secret bed buddy or so he thought told him to stay away from her, all because her husband whom he told her was dead came back.
second instance of this was when he got drunk in the CDC, and tried to come on to and then when rejected tried to force his way with Lori.
Then came the frustration of having most people in the group turning to rick for leadership, he decides that he should probably leave, but then other events and his friendship with rick keep him there.
When he is getting the supplies with Otis, you can not tell if the zombies were really close or just seemed close, but he chose to betray Otis who while not the brightest bulb in the box was still trying to help, and I can't help but think he did it as revenge for shooting Carl.
Then after being shot down again by Lori he spoke with Carl, before Carl was called away by his mom. this conversation was basically we need to stay because it is pretty safe here, and i want to find Sophia.
Now I think this was the tipping point for what Shane decides must be done.
this next part is a major spoiler from the last episode of the show and from the comics

As Shane gets weapons to the group so they can clear out the barn, they see Rick helping Hershel bring in two walkers to put in the barn. This pushes Shane's frustration to the max. causing him to act like he did, he opened the door of the barn and let the walkers out. he did not do this without thinking though, he knew he had people with guns to help him clear out the walkers as the came out of the barn.
This is scene like the one where he shaved his hair is crucial in showing his continued change in perspective versus Ricks perspective.
Though i am not quite sure how the experience at the barn will change the perspective of rick and the rest of the group. But there is already a gap between Rick and Shane that will be coming to a head very soon i think.
I would also like to bring up one thing that is shown in the comics, glen and another character, don't remember the name off hand are in a city looking for supplies, and see survivors, they see survivors push one of their own out the door to give them time to run. That is the type of survivor that Shane is. He will do what ever it takes for himself and if possible those he cares about to survive. While the other characters in the group as far as we can tell at this point are not that type of survivor.
Cool Trainer Steve
daisy-e wood
Cool Trainer Steve
daisy-e wood

Well the show doesn't necessarily follow the comic. They take key plot points from the comics and then go their own way from there. Having Shane alive in the show is great for Rick's character, since Shane is basically the opposite of how Rick is right now. Its expected that they will butt heads a lot further down the line, which will add a lot to the show. I'm sure Michonne will be in the show eventually though, Robert Kirkman says everyone keeps asking him about her so hopefully he'll give the fans what they want lol.

i wonder how everything will turn out since they veered off the comic so much, i'm just wondering who's gonna die and stay alive now. poor sophia wasn't supposed to go. is it me or did they change andrea almost completely?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff