Welcome to Gaia! ::

Durem Citizen

I hate Andrea. She was a total b***h to Dale, she loves to sleep with any guy she can get her hands on and does not even think about the consequences such as bringing a baby into that awful world. She only thinks about herself. She ditched Michonne for some d**k she barely even knows and worst of all SHE SHOT MOTHER ******** DARYL! At that point I was ready for that b***h to die.
SL33PING WITH SIR3NS
HATED HER FOR BEING A b***h TO POOR DALE WHO WAS JUST TRYING TO WATCH OVER HER LIKE A FATHER FIGURE. I BECAME SOMEWHAT OF A FAN AFTER SHE WAS LEFT BEHIND AND TAKES ON ZOMBIES THROUGHOUT MOST OF THE DAY THAT'S PRETTY BEASTLY LOL. BUT ONCE SHE CHOSE THE GOVERNOR OVER MICHONNE, IT WAS ******** YOU THEN ANDREA LOL! mrgreen

Dale took a choice away from her that she wasn't ready to give up. I can understand why she was pissed. She's a grown adult and doesn't need anyone breathing down her neck as if she was a child. She chose the Governor over Michonne because he appears to be a nice, stable guy that was able to create his own society of people where everyone was relatively safe. In her eyes Michonne could be viewed as brutal and untrusting. She was searching for a sense of stability after months of fighting, and the Governor was able to offer that to her. It may not have been a wise choice, but she doesn't know the same things we do.
HisuiHime
The only thing I don't like about Andrea is she trusts too easily. I don't think I'd ever want to be part of a community that allows people like Merle to join and be in charge of anything. She knows the kind of person he is and just because Daryl turned out to be a decent person and cares about people, that doesn't mean his brother would do the same. And then she goes and has a sexual relationship with someone she doesn't really know much at all about.

But could you imagine, after months of having to literally fight every second of every day just to stay alive, that somewhere exists where you can just feel safe? I can't blame her for wanting to believe that Woodbury is safe. I'm sure she'll find out soon enough that it isn't, but trusting is a very human mistake, which is why I like her.

Also, in times of stress feelings can be intensified, so it might seem like the Governor is a good guy and that she likes him. It was just her and Michonne for months. I can't blame her for being lonely and wanting to reach out to someone and feel connected.
xXTeal BloodXx
I hate Andrea. She was a total b***h to Dale, she loves to sleep with any guy she can get her hands on and does not even think about the consequences such as bringing a baby into that awful world. She only thinks about herself. She ditched Michonne for some d**k she barely even knows and worst of all SHE SHOT MOTHER ******** DARYL! At that point I was ready for that b***h to die.

1) Dale took a choice away from her that she was ready to make. He put himself in danger, knowing that she would have to save him. It was a d**k move and she had every right to be upset.

2) Every guy she can get her hands on? She's slept with two men in the series. One was Shane, who was basically like her male counterpart. The other was the Governor whom she slept with after months of only being around Michonne. She was lonely and felt a connection to someone. As an consenting adult there is nothing wrong with that. Also- sex=/=baby. Hell, pregnancy=/=baby. Abortion is still an option. Who is to say she's not using condoms? They've never addressed that so you can't say for sure that she doesn't care.

3) Think of it this way- Michonne was ruthless, barbaric and untrusting. Even though they had travelled together for months the Governor offered Andrea a sense of safety and stability that Michonne never could have. It may not have been a wise choice, but she doesn't know everything about the Governor that we do. All she sees is a nice guy who cares about keeping his people alive.

4) As much as that upset me too, Daryl did look like a walker. He was limping out of the woods, covered in blood, looking beat up as hell with a zombie ear necklace. From that distance there was no way to tell who or what it was, and if you've ever tried shooting using a sight, it's not easy. She saw the shot and she took it because she wanted to defend the camp. Not a crime.

Durem Citizen

lostand l3 R O K E N
xXTeal BloodXx

1) Dale took a choice away from her that she was ready to make. He put himself in danger, knowing that she would have to save him. It was a d**k move and she had every right to be upset.

2) Every guy she can get her hands on? She's slept with two men in the series. One was Shane, who was basically like her male counterpart. The other was the Governor whom she slept with after months of only being around Michonne. She was lonely and felt a connection to someone. As an consenting adult there is nothing wrong with that. Also- sex=/=baby. Hell, pregnancy=/=baby. Abortion is still an option. Who is to say she's not using condoms? They've never addressed that so you can't say for sure that she doesn't care.

3) Think of it this way- Michonne was ruthless, barbaric and untrusting. Even though they had travelled together for months the Governor offered Andrea a sense of safety and stability that Michonne never could have. It may not have been a wise choice, but she doesn't know everything about the Governor that we do. All she sees is a nice guy who cares about keeping his people alive.

4) As much as that upset me too, Daryl did look like a walker. He was limping out of the woods, covered in blood, looking beat up as hell with a zombie ear necklace. From that distance there was no way to tell who or what it was, and if you've ever tried shooting using a sight, it's not easy. She saw the shot and she took it because she wanted to defend the camp. Not a crime.
What the hell do you mean abortion is still an option? You want her to use a coat hanger? Do you know how completely unsafe that is during a zombie apocalypse? Oh and by the way condoms break and do not always prevent pregnancy. Michonne told her that they weren't how she thought they were. Michonne is not ruthless and untrusting, maybe a bit barbaric but not that much. Now just stop trying to bring your bullshit upon me please.

Romantic Wench

11,125 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
xXTeal BloodXx
lostand l3 R O K E N
xXTeal BloodXx

What the hell do you mean abortion is still an option? You want her to use a coat hanger? Do you know how completely unsafe that is during a zombie apocalypse? Oh and by the way condoms break and do not always prevent pregnancy. Michonne told her that they weren't how she thought they were. Michonne is not ruthless and untrusting, maybe a bit barbaric but not that much. Now just stop trying to bring your bullshit upon me please.

Whoah.

I think lostand was simply trying to tell you that they disagree.

Personally, I disagree with you too.

I understand what you are saying, however, Andrea is simply human, and very similar to Shane. I see a lot more hate on Andrea than I do Shane. And yes, I'm making a comparison, as I think it is important to do in this situation. I think if Andrea was a man, there would be a lot less hate on her.

If Andrea was a man and had sex and with two partners in a span of 6-7 months, no one would care. If Andrea, as a man, had shot a gun and made a mistake, then it wouldn't be seen as such a bad issue.

I get what you are saying, and in her shoes, I would definitely try not to do some of the stupid things she does. However, I also don't know if I would be aware of all of those things. How would I know that the guy who seems so nice and protective is really crazed and might kill me and my friends? How do I know that Daryl was the one I'm shooting at? How would I know that it is far safer outside the walls that inside? I probably wouldn't.

I would hope I would be loyal, focused and not get into bad situations, but that may not be the case. Personally, I think we as an audience can have ways of hating her, but not because she is a woman or because of the consequences of being a woman, but because of her character flaws (too trusting, too gullible--those I get), but sex with men means slut or mean to someone or other gendered words are not super helpful or constructive.

I just hope that the next time you post, you think a little bit more to make your words and decisions better before you post and try to express what you want to say without attacking someone, and maybe explain why you think you are right. I know that I am far more willing to listen and think on something if I am feeling comfortable instead of attacked.
xXTeal BloodXx
lostand l3 R O K E N
xXTeal BloodXx

Woah there, you need to chill out a bit. It's only a tv show.

As far as abortion goes, there is a pill she could take, as that is one option when getting an abortion. It's not as if she would need a doctor for that when a run to a Planned Parenthood would do just fine. Sure condoms break, but using that as an exuse to never have sex? Ridiculous at best. Guns jam, don't want to trust those. Blades? Aw hell no. They'll dull and be less effective. She is a grown woman and is allowed to have sex if she wants. It's not a crime.

Michonne is a good character, don't get me wrong, but Andrea, like anyone else in her situation, is tired of fighting. She found a place that seemed relatively safe and thought she could finally settle down for awhile. I would probably make the same choice in her shoes. She's human and makes mistakes, which I like about her. The decisions she makes might not always be smart, but they're realistic.

Durem Citizen

lostand l3 R O K E N
xXTeal BloodXx
lostand l3 R O K E N
xXTeal BloodXx

Woah there, you need to chill out a bit. It's only a tv show.

As far as abortion goes, there is a pill she could take, as that is one option when getting an abortion. It's not as if she would need a doctor for that when a run to a Planned Parenthood would do just fine. Sure condoms break, but using that as an exuse to never have sex? Ridiculous at best. Guns jam, don't want to trust those. Blades? Aw hell no. They'll dull and be less effective. She is a grown woman and is allowed to have sex if she wants. It's not a crime.

Michonne is a good character, don't get me wrong, but Andrea, like anyone else in her situation, is tired of fighting. She found a place that seemed relatively safe and thought she could finally settle down for awhile. I would probably make the same choice in her shoes. She's human and makes mistakes, which I like about her. The decisions she makes might not always be smart, but they're realistic.
emotion_facepalm Really? Its a TV Show? Nooooo waaay. I didnt know that. stare What if she is not able to leave the town to go find a pregnancy test or something? Or the pills. Where did I say that condoms breaking is a reason to never have sex? No where. But she should not be taking her chances with some guy she barely knows. I agreed with Merle when he called her a slut though. I thought he was wrong for saying that in the first season, but then i realized he was right. Also where did I say it was a crime for her to sleep around? You like her because she makes mistakes? Wow. But trust me, she is not making mistakes because she is doing these things on purpose. When she decided to sleep with Shane and governor, she did it on purpose. When she decided to stay in the town, she did it on purpose and trust me, she is not even close to being tired of fighting. She hopped off that wall that surrounds the town and she killed the zombie with a knife and then smiled really big about it. Also, if she were tired of killing zombies, she would not have asked to be put on watch for zombies.

Durem Citizen

Isis of Magic
xXTeal BloodXx
lostand l3 R O K E N
xXTeal BloodXx

Whoah.

I think lostand was simply trying to tell you that they disagree.

Personally, I disagree with you too.

I understand what you are saying, however, Andrea is simply human, and very similar to Shane. I see a lot more hate on Andrea than I do Shane. And yes, I'm making a comparison, as I think it is important to do in this situation. I think if Andrea was a man, there would be a lot less hate on her.

If Andrea was a man and had sex and with two partners in a span of 6-7 months, no one would care. If Andrea, as a man, had shot a gun and made a mistake, then it wouldn't be seen as such a bad issue.

I get what you are saying, and in her shoes, I would definitely try not to do some of the stupid things she does. However, I also don't know if I would be aware of all of those things. How would I know that the guy who seems so nice and protective is really crazed and might kill me and my friends? How do I know that Daryl was the one I'm shooting at? How would I know that it is far safer outside the walls that inside? I probably wouldn't.

I would hope I would be loyal, focused and not get into bad situations, but that may not be the case. Personally, I think we as an audience can have ways of hating her, but not because she is a woman or because of the consequences of being a woman, but because of her character flaws (too trusting, too gullible--those I get), but sex with men means slut or mean to someone or other gendered words are not super helpful or constructive.

I just hope that the next time you post, you think a little bit more to make your words and decisions better before you post and try to express what you want to say without attacking someone, and maybe explain why you think you are right. I know that I am far more willing to listen and think on something if I am feeling comfortable instead of attacked.
I'm not going to take posting tips from anyone..so no thanks. I speak my mind....not the mind of others. You think that if Andrea was a man, no one would care about what she does. Which I disagree with because people hated Shane just as much as Andrea. If Andrea were a man and shot Daryl, yes it would be an issue. Shane and Andrea are hated equally.

8,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Clambake 200
They were playing Andrea's character up to be so emotionally traumatized after the death of her sister that she actually became more unlikable. You have to understand though, the part in the CDC was all about the drama. She had no family left. None. She actually wanted to die. It took someone to actually care for her (Dale) to change her mind. Now she's in a situation where she is more than likely not going to be able to rely on other people to carry her weight much longer. She's been pretty smart so far, but eventually I think her relationship with the governor is going to screw her over.
Im neutral on Andrea right now. She's interesting, but that's all.
I think Andrea has shown the most change as a character. In the beginning of the series, I thought she was a total goner. But she's a good hunter of zombies, at least, I think so.

Shy Flatterer

Andrea irritates me.
I think she's on a bit of a blood-lust at the moment. She seems to enjoy killing walkers a little too much. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up in the Arena fighting.

Eloquent Informer

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Informer 100
  • Wall Street 200
Raine says:

Andrea is one of the most irritating characters-
Carl and Carol tend to outdo her, but that's about it.User Image

Shirtless Shapeshifter

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Long story short, she's a slut.
heart heart 4laugh heart heart heart Much love!

Invisible Vampire

10,750 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I like Andrea in season one and two in three she okay but I don't see any hate for any of the character.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff