Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you rather have food or guns in a zombie infestation?

Guns!! 0.095238095238095 9.5% [ 8 ]
Food!! 0.035714285714286 3.6% [ 3 ]
F*** that i'll take both!!!!!! 0.86904761904762 86.9% [ 73 ]
Total Votes:[ 84 ]
< 1 2 3

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Foxyn88
The Asian Alex
Foxyn88
Horitoshi
Foxyn88
Too long to explain, but I'd likely survive depending on the situation I find myself in at the time.
I've read your laundry explanation and it's a rather good spot but you were also right that no one can stay in a single spot for too long since food will run out and you either have to scavenge and bring it back or move on.
Yes that is true; one would stand a better chance of survival fleeing to a rural region in which they can gather food and supplies. Less populated areas would mean less zombies; that is unless large populations of zombies migrate to rural regions. I do enjoy how people say they will stock up on food, but the problem they have is they are going to be fighting a horde of other people to get food and possible could get killed in the processes. It would be a ill mannered decision to rush to the nearest grocery store and fight people over food and supplies. If people search farm houses or other country houses, they may be able to find left over food and supplies by the past residents (Emergency Supplies); elderly people tend to be great at having a emergency stash. However, if someone is locked inside the house; just leave. Remember what happen to the two little boys on the ‘Happening’? Also wild life habitats could be a great resource for food; and if you have any seeds for vegetables better take them along. Plant your own garden; find locations with rich soil near creeks and rivers.

For me, I have a better location that is three miles away from my house and there's a wild life preserve and a lake nearby. Plus, easier to defend then my own home.

Alright i see your point on the food situation but in the area i live, i live REALLY close to the store and it would be easy for me to get food on the other hand the gun store is a lil bit down the street but it is still really close so in different situations there are different ways to get supplies.

The one thing is that honestly we can predict what people would do; if you watch the news during natural disasters or recall the spook about Y2K; people fled to stores a wiped the stores of most supplies. Now with people facing a threat that wants to eat them; I get a feeling things would be much more violent. Apparently this virus travels fast, so I could just imagine all these people getting slaughter by zombies and by their own kind. Gun stores…that would likely be the second place people would go; so it would be unclear of what kind of weapons or ammunition would remain.

My best advice in such a situation would to hold off on going to stores and gun shops; wait a few days then check out how thing look. I did come up with a two man tactic that would help while scavenging for supplies. One of the guys would be the one who grabs supplies of shelves and stuff as the second guy carries a large backpack and provides rear security for the other as they get supplies. They one who his carrying the back, must be strong while the one grabbing supplies knows what is needed and is fast as putting items in the bag.

I had greater a bigger plot to wipe stores such as Wal*Mart, clean of supplies; however it takes a larger crew of people and at lease a month of training to pull such a stunt off, but as far as my knowledge. The stunt I’ve planned will only work for the wal*mart in my area.

yeah but in my opinion i could be the first one there and the first one out get as much as possible get as many friends family members etc as i can find a way to produce food and drinkable water and im good to go!
The Asian Alex
Foxyn88
The Asian Alex
Foxyn88
Horitoshi
Foxyn88
Too long to explain, but I'd likely survive depending on the situation I find myself in at the time.
I've read your laundry explanation and it's a rather good spot but you were also right that no one can stay in a single spot for too long since food will run out and you either have to scavenge and bring it back or move on.
Yes that is true; one would stand a better chance of survival fleeing to a rural region in which they can gather food and supplies. Less populated areas would mean less zombies; that is unless large populations of zombies migrate to rural regions. I do enjoy how people say they will stock up on food, but the problem they have is they are going to be fighting a horde of other people to get food and possible could get killed in the processes. It would be a ill mannered decision to rush to the nearest grocery store and fight people over food and supplies. If people search farm houses or other country houses, they may be able to find left over food and supplies by the past residents (Emergency Supplies); elderly people tend to be great at having a emergency stash. However, if someone is locked inside the house; just leave. Remember what happen to the two little boys on the ‘Happening’? Also wild life habitats could be a great resource for food; and if you have any seeds for vegetables better take them along. Plant your own garden; find locations with rich soil near creeks and rivers.

For me, I have a better location that is three miles away from my house and there's a wild life preserve and a lake nearby. Plus, easier to defend then my own home.

Alright i see your point on the food situation but in the area i live, i live REALLY close to the store and it would be easy for me to get food on the other hand the gun store is a lil bit down the street but it is still really close so in different situations there are different ways to get supplies.

The one thing is that honestly we can predict what people would do; if you watch the news during natural disasters or recall the spook about Y2K; people fled to stores a wiped the stores of most supplies. Now with people facing a threat that wants to eat them; I get a feeling things would be much more violent. Apparently this virus travels fast, so I could just imagine all these people getting slaughter by zombies and by their own kind. Gun stores…that would likely be the second place people would go; so it would be unclear of what kind of weapons or ammunition would remain.

My best advice in such a situation would to hold off on going to stores and gun shops; wait a few days then check out how thing look. I did come up with a two man tactic that would help while scavenging for supplies. One of the guys would be the one who grabs supplies of shelves and stuff as the second guy carries a large backpack and provides rear security for the other as they get supplies. They one who his carrying the back, must be strong while the one grabbing supplies knows what is needed and is fast as putting items in the bag.

I had greater a bigger plot to wipe stores such as Wal*Mart, clean of supplies; however it takes a larger crew of people and at lease a month of training to pull such a stunt off, but as far as my knowledge. The stunt I’ve planned will only work for the wal*mart in my area.

yeah but in my opinion i could be the first one there and the first one out get as much as possible get as many friends family members etc as i can find a way to produce food and drinkable water and im good to go!
It possibly could turn out that way.

Survivor

Ryan Hellucard
Moto Samurai
Ryan Hellucard
Stock up on supplies, Food and guns ect..then dress up as a zombie..Zombies dont mess with other zombies.. smile
No, but people mistake you for zombies and shoot you. Remember Bill Murray man, remember Bill Murray.
Oh damn..Thats right...heh..
"I saw Eddie Van Halen the other day."
"Oh? How was he?"
"He was a zombie."

Sparkly Lunatic

Spend a lot of my time Road Warrior style raiding pawn shops and pet stores.

Think times are hard now? Wait until you're digging through the Salvation Army for some cans or a PetCo for a delicious puppy.
Gallifreyan Storm
doctorcoookiiez
1 get weapons silenced pistols and a KATANA and a crossbowand some arrows too 2 get monster trunck or rv 3 learn to drive xd 4 goto bakery and steal all da sweets twisted 5 find a group of people to hang with 6 ask if going as a group to the hospitle is a good idea 7 get medial supply's 8 find safety

Going to the hospital wouldn't be a good idea, unless you had enough people and enough guns, because that's probably where most of the first people to be infected went.
no really? cool

11,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Guns=food, if you know how to shoot
Guns=protection. if you know how to shoot.

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
I don't mind being bit, cause I'm a cat... 9 lives meow. I would gather fellow feline survivors who are willing to fight back. Then we would make our way across the country gathering as much food, meds, cats, and of course cat n!p from petco... and cat treat's, yes, need those, and cat toys.... Any way. We'll avoid areas such as mall's, wall mart, gun shop's etc. I fear that those location's would be targeted first by the living, and those living by the dead. We will gain our weapon's from areas like hardware stores, primarly hatchet's, crow bar's, or anything else hard, made of metal, and dosent run out out of bullets. eventually through various battles we will reach or destination somewhere in the west coast, where we will mate, and repopulate.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff