Total Votes:[ 63 ]
1 2 >

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Explanation of the "villains"

1. Merle Dixon - Merle has his redeeming qualities and he seems to be a victim of a poor-upbringing, but that doesn't change the fact that he's done very villainous things. Right from the start we see Merle causing trouble in Atlanta, spouting racial and sexist language and attacking T-Dog. When we meet up with him again in season 3, he seems to be a changed man... until he takes Maggie and Glenn hostage, beats Glenn, and tries to kill him by throwing a zombie into the room where Glenn is restrained. Merle dies a "hero," doing what he can to stop The Governor, but that doesn't take away his "villain" title. Just ask Glenn and T-Dog if they think Merle is a good guy....

2. Ed Peletier - Ed was the abusive husband of Carol. From what we saw of him (not much considering he lasted only a few episodes) he was just a complete d**k. He wasn't written to be much more than a b*****d. We really don't know much more about him.

3. Shane Walsh - Rick Grimes's former best friend and work partner, Shane did his best to look after Rick's family after he assumed Rick had died. Unfortunately, Shane started feeling very comfortable taking on a father-role to Carl and a spousal-role with Lori. When Rick returned, the sudden loss of Shane's make-shift family drove Shane into a destructive jealous spiral that didn't end until he was dead. Shane was often in favor of more brutal approaches to problems, hoping to do what was best for the group (or rather, for Carl and Lori) even if it meant others might die. Some of Shane's victims include Otis and Randall.

4. Thomas Richards - This character exists only in the comics. When Rick and his group came upon the prison in the books, they encountered several prisoners already living there. One of them was Thomas. While a sort of variation of him exists in the show as well, the comic-version is the one who really stands out. Comic-Thomas secretly murders two of Hershel's young daughters (Rachel and Suzie - who do not appear in the show.) For a while, the group does not know who is responsible for the murders, until Thomas attempts to kill Andrea. Thomas is eventually shot and killed by Maggie Greene.

5. The Governor - The charismatic leader of Woodbury is one of the biggest villains of the books and the show. In the comics, he starts off strong by cutting off Rick's hand just as soon as the two meet. He goes home and feeds that hand to his zombie daughter, Penny. He also rapes Michonne in the books. In the show, the writers take a more gentle approach,showing the Governor as more of a human being driven toward certain actions instead of as a brutal monster with no motive behind his actions. The Governor from the television series sexually assaults Maggie and kills plenty of people, including Milton, Andrea(indirectly,) Axel, and Hershel. He is driven by his desire to get revenge on Rick's group, primarily because Michonne killed his zombie daughter, Penny.

6. Lizzie / Ben - This character is much more prominent in the show, as Lizzie. In the show, Lizzie begins showing signs that she doesn't quite understand zombies and death and how the two relate. She is seen mutilating small animals and giving names to / playing tag with zombies. This eventually leads her to kill her younger sister, Mika, as she believes the younger girl will simply come back. At this point, Carol believes Lizzie is too far gone, and she executes her in order to keep Lizzie from killing anyone else. In the comics, Ben murders his twin brother. The group doesn't know how to deal with this, so Carl secretly shoots the other boy, as he knows no one else can/will do what "needs to be done."

7. The Hunters/Chris / Gareth/Terminus - This group appears in the show and the comics, but with different names. Chris is the leader of the Hunters group in the comics. In the show, Gareth is the leader of Terminus, a group which used to be a sancuary, but turned into something else. It is implied that they cannibalized their own children in order to survive, and then went on to kill other random survors they encountered and eat them to survive as well. In the comics, their main victim was Dale, and was Bob Stookey in the show.

8. Dawn Lerner - Dawn is a power-hungry woman who runs a functional hospital in the apocalypse, which is actually pretty impressive, until we learn all the politics surrounding it. She "saves" people and then requires them to stay at the hospital and work off what they "owe" her for saving them. Dawn seems to be more about being in control and having power over people than actually helping anyone. She eventually kills Beth Greene, quite possibly by accident, and is in turn, shot in the head by Daryl Dixon.

9. Negan - Another huge comic-villain just as notorious to comic-readers as The Governor, Negan will surely make his way onto the show in good time. Negan is the leader of a group called "The Saviors," who protect another group, the Hilltop Colony, in exchange for half of their resources. Whenever things don't go Negan's way, he makes up for it by hurting or murdering people, oftentimes with his baseball bat, which is covered in barbed wire, and which he named "Lucille." In the comics, he murders Glenn in relatiation for some of Negan's men being killed. he goes on to terrorize the characters and readers for far too long. As as as I know, he's still alive in the comics, but is imprisoned by Rick's group. Whose life (or lives) will he claim in the show??? Time will tell...

10. The Zombies - While the zombies seem more like a small nuisance at this point, they are still a constant threat. Once you're bitten, even just a small bite, you're doomed. Some characters have even used zombies as weapons, but they can be villains on their own too. Some zombie-bite victims from the show include Amy, Jim, T-Dog, Andrea, and Bob Stookey.

Personally, I really like several of the characters who are classified as "villains." My favorite would have to be The Governor, who has made the biggest impression for me both in the books and on the show. I like television Governor more than his comic-counterpart, because he makes more sense as a person. He's so sexier. pirate

Honorable mentions go to Lizzie, Gareth/The Hunters, Shane, and Merle Dixon. They were all very interesting characters, and on the show, were each played by really great actors/actresses. Even the young actress who plays Lizzie did a great job.

Shirtless Tycoon

15,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Josie 25
I hate every last human antagonist
so awful

I watch this freaking show because of zombies
not because of Governor 1.0, Governor 2.0 (Terminus people) or Governor 3.0 (cops at Grady)

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
The Governor

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
The Governor. =x

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
The Governor. ^^

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
The Governor .

Cause like.. you hate him. But then he dies. And you're like.. aw..now what. cry

I also liked Shane and Merle.

Ruthless Hellraiser

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
I'm winnin'!
Do I want to be winnin'?

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
The Governor of Woodbury
I'm winnin'!
Do I want to be winnin'?

Yes, you do! We love you. heart

It means, even though people consider you a villain, there's something about you that intrigues them, or that they relate to.

You don't see anyone voting for Ed... No one misses Ed at all, for any reason, because he's just a horrible person, with no redeeming qualities. The Governor, on the other hand, is often a relatable person, and has such a strong presence. We can understand him, and he looks awesome. And he had a tank... and an eye patch... and was good with kids. emotion_kirakira We all miss you, even if it's just in missing the excitement you brought to the story.

I honestly think The Walking Dead introduced their greatest "villain" too soon. Nothing can top The Governor.

Ruthless Hellraiser

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
Queequeg89
The Governor of Woodbury
I'm winnin'!
Do I want to be winnin'?

Yes, you do! We love you. heart

It means, even though people consider you a villain, there's something about you that intrigues them, or that they relate to.

You don't see anyone voting for Ed... No one misses Ed at all, for any reason, because he's just a horrible person, with no redeeming qualities. The Governor, on the other hand, is often a relatable person, and has such a strong presence. We can understand him, and he looks awesome. And he had a tank... and an eye patch... and was good with kids. emotion_kirakira We all miss you, even if it's just in missing the excitement you brought to the story.

I honestly think The Walking Dead introduced their greatest "villain" too soon. Nothing can top The Governor.

4laugh

Wheezing Smoker

14,800 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Merle was my favorite villain. I loved it when his "presence" bullied Daryl into saving himself in the episode when he falls into the ravine looking for Sophie.
Plus Merle cut off and cauterized his own hand. How hard core is that?

Fluffy Bunny

24,275 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
The Governor

Biggest Lunatic

Zombie Shane was pretty good.

CHPLN's Husband

Sublime Master

12,675 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
man the governor doesn't have s**t on negan.

Negan is the most badass villain ever

Hardened Warrior

I think that my avatar speaks for itself pirate

Ruthless Hellraiser

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
TYRI0N LANNISTER
man the governor doesn't have s**t on negan.

Negan is the most badass villain ever

This man speaks truth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas