Welcome to Gaia! ::

Watched last weeks episode again and it finally dawned on me.

so since everyone is already a carrier of the virus that means that when they die, they'll turn.
how ever, thats different from getting bitten.

getting bitten seems to trigger a fever caused by infection from the bite and eventually, you'll die.
perhaps theres something in a walker saliva that attacks your immune system so you're more susceptible to infections and eventually, death.

so the way i see it, parasite/virus resides in everyone but when they do die, parasite/virus takes over to spread it self.

which means... ingesting "tainted" or "bitten" meat would cause the same effect as being actually "bitten".

maybe slower effect?

this is just a theory though, i mean the show is fictional so its not like its going to matter that much.
so what do we know so far?

1. Morgan says that if you get bitten, you get the fever and thats what takes you. then you turn.

2. Jenner (CDC Doctor) says that everyone is a carrier of the virus.

3. Hershel's leg was cut off as soon as he was bitten, thus preventing the virus? from spreading.

its kind of similar to snake bites the more i think about it.

if you get bitten, your blood flow gets constricted or venom sucked out to stop it from spreading or in worse case scenarios, amputation.

so maybe the virus in the walking dead is actually similar to a neuro-toxin.

it does activate the thalamus/hypothalamus region after all from the footage in CDC.

Demonic Member

Both good points. I feel like since they cooked Bob's leg it had cooked out the virus like how when you cook animal meat, it cooks out all the bacteria making it edible. Gareth had made the same point in the episode when his group started freaking out and puking. But will never know if they were right or not since they all got killed lol.

Fuzzy Strawberry

13,300 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
its definitely not worth the risk. Think of the deer in the first season..they didn't eat it.

Its possible they can cook out the virus..but what if it wasn't cooked well? I can't remember how the meat looked. What if someone likes their Bob medium rare?

Diamond Pants

25,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I don't think we'll ever get to know what would happen regarding tainted meat in The Walking Dead world. I was disappointed a little when the comics dodged having to give an answer to that. And of course the show did too.

Learned Protagonist

31,525 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
The limb thing sometimes works depending on what medium it's in. The show seems to make it seem like it works, but the telltale games seem to make it half and half. I guess it depends on how soon the bitten limb is removed. Cooking it should kill any pathogen though, whether bacteria, fungus, virus, what have you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff