Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Detective

Andrea basically lost the only thing left that was important to her, her sister. So I believe the reason Andrea was almost encouraging Beth to kill herself was because she was subconsciously wanting Maggie to have to suffer as well. If she couldn't have her sister, then Maggie didn't deserve to have her sister either.

Timid Detective

I don't think it's that's she's envious...it's just she feels in the crazy zombie apocalyptic world, everyone deserves to choose HOW they go. While I can see where Andrea was coming from, I think she also needs to stop being so self-centered. Suicide doesn't just affect the person who it happens to, but also everyone who's close to her. And family business is definitely family business. If the roles were reversed and Andrea was facing her own sister at the verge of suicide, I have a feeling she wouldn't be as willing to say, "Go ahead, make your choice." She would be just like Maggie, begging her to stay.

Timid Detective

kookey

Yeah, but if the roles were reversed and Andrea wouldn't encourage her own sister to kill herself, why would she say it to someone else's sister then? That's what I'm trying to understand. The reason Andrea wanted to kill herself was because of her sister in the first place. She lost the only thing that mattered. In the case of the Greene family, Maggie's sister is still alive. Shouldn't Andrea feel more sympathy for Maggie and be encouraging Beth not to do it because Andrea knows what it's like to lose a sister? I would imagine Andrea would be putting herself more in Maggie's shoes because Maggie's sister is about to kill herself. Why would Andrea want Maggie to lose her sister also like how she lost Amy?
E t e r n a l x Melody
kookey

Yeah, but if the roles were reversed and Andrea wouldn't encourage her own sister to kill herself, why would she say it to someone else's sister then? That's what I'm trying to understand. The reason Andrea wanted to kill herself was because of her sister in the first place. She lost the only thing that mattered. In the case of the Greene family, Maggie's sister is still alive. Shouldn't Andrea feel more sympathy for Maggie and be encouraging Beth not to do it because Andrea knows what it's like to lose a sister? I would imagine Andrea would be putting herself more in Maggie's shoes because Maggie's sister is about to kill herself. Why would Andrea want Maggie to lose her sister also like how she lost Amy?

No, yeah, I completely agree. That's why I can see where she's coming from, but at the same time I completely disagree with her. I got angry when she projected her own feelings about suicide on a girl who STILL has some good things in her life (her family, for example). What if Maggie's sis did want to live, but accidentally ended up cutting too deep and actually killing herself? It's not like someone like Maggie's sis knows EXACTLY how much she should or shouldn't cut if she decides last minute she does want to live. :/

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Andrea is one giant hypocrite. She lost her sister and she was going to die in the CDC except that Dale pulled her out. And then Daryl and Shane both had to talk sense into her about choosing to live. Now she's saying "lolz she should kill herself" about Beth, and how it wasn't fair to take her choice away.

WTF?

Andrea had her choice taken away when she was pulled from the CDC. But she's... well, not 'fine', but she's dealing and she's found a sort of purpose and will to survive. And she had other people support her. Apparently that's okay for Andrea because Amy died, but if you family lives, you should kill yourself! All this shows me is that Andrea IS jealous and doesn't want others to have what she doesn't.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff