Welcome to Gaia! ::

Novallus's Princess

Chatty Winner

The zombies seemed smarter in the first season?

I mean in the second episode, when they're trapped in the city, you see one bang on glass with a brick o.o Thats pretty smart for something mindless.

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Oh yeah, I noticed that too! Before and still they would just bang on the glass, but the one episode had zombies with bricks and rocks smashing the glass. Maybe the smarter part of the brain still in tact?

Devoted Cleric

11,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
There were zombies in the second season?

Joking aside, I really feel like the only good parts to season two were the first and last episodes. The rest of the episodes, even those involving the search for Sophia just seemed like a holding pattern to me. Hopefully, season three will at least be as good as season one was, or I just may stop watching the show.

Stupid AMC for firing Frank Darabont....

Novallus's Princess

Chatty Winner

Why'd they fire him in the first place?

Devoted Cleric

11,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
It was all kinda sketchy and behind closed doors, I believe, but from what I heard they fired him for standing up to them, basically. They cut about 1/4'th-ish of the budget, and started pocketing the 30% tax credit for the development of season two. On top of that, they demanded double the episodes, and wanted to aim for '50% indoors and 50% outdoors' for this season. When he tried to tell them no, or call them out on what they were trying to do, they basically canned him....

*SPOILERS*

Rumor goes that's why they
killed off Dale, too. The guy that plays Dale stood up with him, which I find believable considering how unbelievable his death was....
yea they actually were O.O y they change it!! wait if they dident thay would probebly be all deead by now?!
Jaden Kazega
It was all kinda sketchy and behind closed doors, I believe, but from what I heard they fired him for standing up to them, basically. They cut about 1/4'th-ish of the budget, and started pocketing the 30% tax credit for the development of season two. On top of that, they demanded double the episodes, and wanted to aim for '50% indoors and 50% outdoors' for this season. When he tried to tell them no, or call them out on what they were trying to do, they basically canned him....

Rumor goes that's why they killed off Dale, too. The guy that plays Dale stood up with him, which I find believable considering how unbelievable his death was....

Aww Dale ;_;

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
surprised

I didn't even realize this until you pointed it out.

Shirtless Gawker

5,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Heckler 50
I think the zombies in The Walking Dead are a lot smarter then most zombies from other movies/games/books. You can see it a lot better in the comics.

Novallus's Princess

Chatty Winner

Jaden Kazega

*SPOILERS*

Rumor goes that's why they
killed off Dale, too. The guy that plays Dale stood up with him, which I find believable considering how unbelievable his death was....
This is going to bite AMC in the a**.

Ratings are going to go down and they're going to lose rights to the show.

I'm sure theres tons of networks with money to actually keep it good will buy it out. AMC is starting to really turn into a bunch of pricks.
Well being the zombie nerd that I am. I have a theory that zombies have a hive like mentality or very close to it. Watching a lot of zombie flicks and playing games and combining similar behavioral traits. Zombies seem to become 'smarter' in larger groups. Their tactics change drastically as they gain in numbers.

I think once someone turns into a zombie its like their intelligence is wiped clean but they still maintain a small amount of the ability to learn. So in larger groups they have more of a chance to witness the learned behaviors and actions of other zombies or even that of survivors. Kinda something like this...

Zombie sees looters use a brick to open window.... zombie learns brick. Zombie finds a brick like object... uses it on wall. It has no effect. Sees a survivor trapped in a car. Zombie uses brick on windshield.... its super effective. The zombie can either use a pokeball to capture the survivor or eat their face off. Zombie uses brick on survivors face. Its super effective. The zombie next to it witnesses its effectiveness. Zombie has learned brick attack.

In the country where there aren't as many people and they are more spread apart these zombies miss out on the such vital learning experiences as.... fire is hot... or... mud can be tricky...or yes the precious brick hits harder than fist.

10,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
Jaden Kazega
There were zombies in the second season?

Joking aside, I really feel like the only good parts to season two were the first and last episodes. The rest of the episodes, even those involving the search for Sophia just seemed like a holding pattern to me. Hopefully, season three will at least be as good as season one was, or I just may stop watching the show.

Stupid AMC for firing Frank Darabont....
I agree with you completely -_- i think since they made it more then six episodes everything in between the first and last ep was filler -_-'
There's a lot of inconsistencies. I guess Its unavoidable in any extended zombie story. Especially one based off a freaking long comic series...
I was hoping that if the kept Frank Darabont that we would have gotten to see the intellect level explained or for sure knew if the had memories or some knowledge.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff