How ready are you?

Not at all. - Don't care. 0.18823529411765 18.8% [ 16 ]
Not quite ready yet. 0.29411764705882 29.4% [ 25 ]
Almost completely set. 0.2 20.0% [ 17 ]
Way ahead of you! 0.31764705882353 31.8% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 85 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Dapper Gekko

I probably would at least like to get an RV like Dale's from the show. If it weren't for the need of gas or threat of raiders, it would actually probably be one of the smartest things to do with the exception of finding of food-abundant fortified bunker or something.

There are real ways in which a zombie apocalypse can actually start, biologically speaking according to scientists. However, there are just as many reasons for the scenario to end just as quickly.

Personally, all I need is a shotgun, barrels-worth of bullets, and my schimitar to get the job done.

Liberal Noob

We own a shotgun, and a few other things.
And live across the street from an army surplus store.
The moment any news of undead cannibals reaches me, I have a small idea of what I'm going to do.
Rygger Dracora

Gear is only the most basic so far - enough to get me by until I can improve my stash. Therefore, basic camping/navigational equipment, bow and arrow, knives, spare change of clothes, minor communication devices (glorified walkies), spare pair of hiking boots and small foodstuffs and a canteen. Still adding as I see fit. The backpack always rests by my back door.

as soon as i hear anything about zombies I'm hopping on my mountain bike and zipping over to my former roommate's and she and I are leaving town. Or staying in, depending on the situation.

No cars, you may ask, but cars have limited amount of gas and I'm not sure if I'd be able to have an infinite supply of gas. So if we do use a car, we're going to have some bikes in the back for if/when it breaks down/runs out.

Newbie Noob

7,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
My bed is a zombie fortress. Plus I have 4 people in my family I could wisely use as bait c:

Dapper Gekko

Daring Scylla
Rygger Dracora

Gear is only the most basic so far - enough to get me by until I can improve my stash. Therefore, basic camping/navigational equipment, bow and arrow, knives, spare change of clothes, minor communication devices (glorified walkies), spare pair of hiking boots and small foodstuffs and a canteen. Still adding as I see fit. The backpack always rests by my back door.

as soon as i hear anything about zombies I'm hopping on my mountain bike and zipping over to my former roommate's and she and I are leaving town. Or staying in, depending on the situation.

No cars, you may ask, but cars have limited amount of gas and I'm not sure if I'd be able to have an infinite supply of gas. So if we do use a car, we're going to have some bikes in the back for if/when it breaks down/runs out.

I seriously hope to see/meet you in the zombie-apocalyptic future, lol.
Sentimo

thanks, haha? I guess that's a compliment.
I always feel like being crazy prepared so I can be ready for anything that happens. And that involves having about twenty plans for several things that won't ever happen might happen

6,350 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Daring Scylla

Bikes are definitely a good plan, you can go much faster than even sprinting zombies, and you can get them places that you can't go with even the most rugged cars, they can also be lifted to use as a buffer between you and others, also allow you to carry more gear if needed, you should look into getting an electric motor/generator that would let you move farther/faster as well as let you charge electronics no matter where you are. sounds like you're pretty well set up for when the SHTF.
Rygger Dracora
What plans do you have for the apocalypse? Is anybody getting their house prepped out?
Bugging in or out?

I have a stick and a can of soup what do i do

6,350 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Exclusive Blunts
Rygger Dracora
What plans do you have for the apocalypse? Is anybody getting their house prepped out?
Bugging in or out?

A good stick will work just as well against zombies as most other melee weapons, really that's all a baseball bat is and we've all seen how effective those are. If you don't have a "good" stick then you're probably out of luck.

No soup for you.
Rygger Dracora

I hope it never does, honestly
Rygger Dracora
Exclusive Blunts
Rygger Dracora
Bugging in or out?

A good stick will work just as well against zombies as most other melee weapons, really that's all a baseball bat is and we've all seen how effective those are. If you don't have a "good" stick then you're probably out of luck.

No soup for you.

well now i have a pair of shoes and a candy bar

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
I'm bugging in then I'm eventually going to bug out. I'm fairly set on gear but what I could really use is a tougher vehicle than my current SUV and an assault rifle. My set up currently includes bolt/lever action rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Something like an AK would be awesome. I could also use a more complete first aid kit including real pain killers and antibiotics.

6,350 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Exclusive Blunts
Rygger Dracora
Exclusive Blunts
Rygger Dracora
Bugging in or out?

No soup for you.

well now i have a pair of shoes and a candy bar

Make sure your laces are tied and sugar rush for your life.

6,350 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Daring Scylla
I hope it never does, honestly

I think it would be interesting to see what happens, but it would probably set back humankind's progress, which is not something I'd like.

6,350 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Wolfdude87
I'm bugging in then I'm eventually going to bug out. I'm fairly set on gear but what I could really use is a tougher vehicle than my current SUV and an assault rifle. My set up currently includes bolt/lever action rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Something like an AK would be awesome. I could also use a more complete first aid kit including real pain killers and antibiotics.

Make sure your vehicle is best suited for your needs, a lot of the bigger SUVs aren't very good for getting off the beaten track, something small like a jeep will be more effective than a hummer, assuming you won't be driving through mobs to get supplies. AK is a great choice and they're not too hard to get a hold of, but if you don't already have a .22lr rifle and/or pistol those are also very effective, superb ammo/weight ratio very accurate and relatively easy to silence. For bugging out you may want to look into what natural medical remedies are in the area, it's a good idea to know how to work with what you can get and that won't always be in a pre-made med kit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff