Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Agree to stop homophobia and bullying in general?

yes 0.64705882352941 64.7% [ 11 ]
no 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 2 ]
cats. 0.23529411764706 23.5% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
This poll closed on January 6, 2015.
No longer accepting new votes.

Sparkly Bloodsucker

2,650 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Hello everyone! I hear many topics about daryl's sexuality and stuff like that thinking he is gay or something. I also hear many people being "disappointed he isn't gay" or "Mad that he is gay" (some people have different opinions about his sexuality) but I don't think we should be talking about this. If you are going to talk about it please be respectful and really think about what you say. This doesn't just go to daryl i am just making a point. Homophobia should not exist anymore as it is the 21st century. Please explain to me how this is so hard for everyone to understand this online. This also connects to bullying and many other things online which have to stop. mad

Lonely Traveler

12,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Mythicaltaco

He isn't gay or straight. It has been confirmed by Robert Kirkman himself that Daryl is asexual. Which in my opinion is perfectly fine by me being asexual it's nice to see people like me get some representation for once. But that's beside the point. It shouldn't be a topic of issue. Same goes for any of the characters their sexuality isn't a big freaking deal. A characters sexuality/who they romance is up to the writers and not the fans. Which leads me to shiping I hate shippers and their ships even if it's a ship I can agree with because 99% of shippers are hell bent on their ship being canon and go out of their way to "prove" their point. "Well in episode 27 he looked at him dis way dey mus phuck nao" like seriously it's the writers decision not the fans. The writers are in charge of who lives and who dies. Whose gay and whose straight and who is asexual. People make a huge freaking deal over this crap and I'm sitting here like...well mothalicka if you want a gay crossbow wielding redneck sleeping with a bushy bearded sheriff then write your own damn story or show.
Guildzilla
Mythicaltaco

He isn't gay or straight. It has been confirmed by Robert Kirkman himself that Daryl is asexual. Which in my opinion is perfectly fine by me being asexual it's nice to see people like me get some representation for once. But that's beside the point. It shouldn't be a topic of issue. Same goes for any of the characters their sexuality isn't a big freaking deal. A characters sexuality/who they romance is up to the writers and not the fans. Which leads me to shiping I hate shippers and their ships even if it's a ship I can agree with because 99% of shippers are hell bent on their ship being canon and go out of their way to "prove" their point. "Well in episode 27 he looked at him dis way dey mus phuck nao" like seriously it's the writers decision not the fans. The writers are in charge of who lives and who dies. Whose gay and whose straight and who is asexual. People make a huge freaking deal over this crap and I'm sitting here like...well mothalicka if you want a gay crossbow wielding redneck sleeping with a bushy bearded sheriff then write your own damn story or show.

I came here to mention the asexual confirmation as well, and I completely agree with you up to the hating shippers part. I personally dislike a good majority of shippers but there are many who quietly, and respectfully ship without shoving it down anyones throats or demanding theirs is the best.
People are free to enjoy whatever they like, I simply prefer the ones who do so with respect.

Anyway, asexual pride! smile

Lonely Traveler

12,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
CATAMlTE
Guildzilla
Mythicaltaco

I came here to mention the asexual confirmation as well, and I completely agree with you up to the hating shippers part. I personally dislike a good majority of shippers but there are many who quietly, and respectfully ship without shoving it down anyones throats or demanding theirs is the best.
People are free to enjoy whatever they like, I simply prefer the ones who do so with respect.

Anyway, asexual pride! smile

Don't get me wrong I don't care if people ship. I have characters in TWD and other series I would hope hook up but again it's the ones who are "ZOMAIGAWD DA WRAITURZ R HOMOPHOBIC CUZ DA RIK AN DU DURUL WOANT HUUK AHP" Those people annoy me o-o but being nice about your otp is okay. Xd

Feral Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Noob wrangler 100
when tf did people make the assumption that Daryl was anything close to gay?? Not saying gay is a impossibility but, LOL Daryl wayyyyy to manly to be sorted into the sexuality. If anything he has to be asexual but I'm sure there has been references to him making flirtatious or sexual references to people in the show.

Simply my two cents on this matter

Don't get me wrong I don't care if people ship. I have characters in TWD and other series I would hope hook up but again it's the ones who are "ZOMAIGAWD DA WRAITURZ R HOMOPHOBIC CUZ DA RIK AN DU DURUL WOANT HUUK AHP" Those people annoy me o-o but being nice about your otp is okay. Xd

Ah, okay the way you wrote it came across as a generalization of all shippers. Sorry about that! I honestly have "drifted away" from "friends" who do just that, so I totally agree.
Nine Tail Ghoul
when tf did people make the assumption that Daryl was anything close to gay?? Not saying gay is a impossibility but, LOL Daryl wayyyyy to manly to be sorted into the sexuality. If anything he has to be asexual but I'm sure there has been references to him making flirtatious or sexual references to people in the show.

A lot of homosexual men are manly/masculine [just as homosexual females can be any degree of feminine or masculine], sexuality has nothing to do with how one looks, dresses, acts, or their interests.

Feral Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Noob wrangler 100
CATAMlTE
Nine Tail Ghoul

A lot of homosexual men are manly/masculine [just as homosexual females can be any degree of feminine or masculine], sexuality has nothing to do with how one looks, dresses, acts, or their interests.

Well then provide me the parallel. Explain to me how Daryl is homosexual without using context (actions, thought process, interests, etc.) Essentially, your saying I can't base someone's sexuality by using physical or mental traits its a catch-22 that your trying to throw in. Also that is bias since you can very well based someone's sexuality by actions or by their interests. If a guy tells me they are interested in guys then I can very well assume they are gay and it would be okay.
Nine Tail Ghoul
CATAMlTE
Nine Tail Ghoul

Well then provide me the parallel. Explain to me how Daryl is homosexual without using context (actions, thought process, interests, etc.) Essentially, your saying I can't base someone's sexuality by using physical or mental traits its a catch-22 that your trying to throw in. Also that is bias since you can very well based someone's sexuality by actions or by their interests. If a guy tells me they are interested in guys then I can very well assume they are gay and it would be okay.

You misunderstood my reply, I wasn't replying in response to your views on Daryl [who I've always personally viewed as asexual myself if I had to view him as anything, but I respect those who view him otherwise -- hopefully they have some grounds to it but eh to each their own].

My response was only directed towards how you sounded as if you were saying no homosexual males could be manly, which is quite silly.

Of course you can make assumptions based on interests [by interests I mean things like hunting, gaming, tv shows, ect. NOT people, and even with people an interest in a specific gender does not = sexuality or romanticality], actions, personality, clothing, ect and it can prove accurate but it can also prove inaccurate as all it ends up being is an assumption.

I apologize if that hasn't cleared things up for you, either way have a good day! c:

Feral Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Noob wrangler 100
CATAMlTE
Nine Tail Ghoul
CATAMlTE
Nine Tail Ghoul

You misunderstood my reply, I wasn't replying in response to your views on Daryl [who I've always personally viewed as asexual myself if I had to view him as anything, but I respect those who view him otherwise -- hopefully they have some grounds to it but eh to each their own].

My response was only directed towards how you sounded as if you were saying no homosexual males could be manly, which is quite silly.

Of course you can make assumptions based on interests [by interests I mean things like hunting, gaming, tv shows, ect. NOT people, and even with people an interest in a specific gender does not = sexuality or romanticality], actions, personality, clothing, ect and it can prove accurate but it can also prove inaccurate as all it ends up being is an assumption.

I apologize if that hasn't cleared things up for you, either way have a good day! c:

All I wanted to hear was the parallel which now I can see from your response. I didn't want you to think I am a homophobe by me assuming that all gays are non-masculine. All I was trying to dispatch was the logic that Daryl, and the nature of the show, displays that Daryl is more asexual if anything since his very nature is that solemn and exclusive.

Thank you and you have a good day too. emotion_c8

Sparkly Bloodsucker

2,650 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
All of you are taking this message the wrong way this thread isn't ALL about daryl and when did we start talking about shipping.. anyways this thread is mostly about how you people shouldn't care what he is. i understand he is asexual i was only making a point. This thread was about homophobic people in general not me hating on the characters or writers or anything along those lines. stare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff