Welcome to Gaia! ::

Answer: Asexual

Fans can now stop saying he is gay or straight. He is certainly straight but has no interest in romantic relationships (At least until further down the track). They don't plan on any romances anytime soon.

Hope this clears up things for some. heart

Link: Daryl sexual orientation proof

We all still love Daryl wink

One last thing.....

CLAIMED. Hehe

Friend

uh. romantic and sexual orientations are two completely different things. with daryl, he's heteroromantic and asexual. just because daryl is asexual does not mean he won't find someone romantically appealing. asexual people can still be in relationships.
edyluewho
uh. romantic and sexual orientations are two completely different things. with daryl, he's heteroromantic and asexual. just because daryl is asexual does not mean he won't find someone romantically appealing. asexual people can still be in relationships.

If you read the link it states all of this and I clearly said in brackets "At least further down the track" referring to a possible romance.
I don't mean to be well...mean but the only people who truly know if Daryl is Asexual, is attracted to someone, isn't attracted to anyone, is going to have romance in the future are the creators of the show and Norman Reedus.

People really need to stop worrying about this stuff.

Divine Muse

If he is canon asexual, to finally have some kind of character be one. . . .I'd just be so freaking thrilled.

Noble Millionaire

3,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
II was expecting he was gay =( what a disapointment...

Dedicated Squatter

The Drowned Kid
II was expecting he was gay =( what a disapointment...

i dont rly appreciate asexuality being seen as a disappointing turn of events
im pretty sure a lot of asexuals dont

: /

that being said im beyond thrilled daryl is canon ace . ace daryl has been my headcanon for a long time and its so , so good to have a popular ace character .
ofc the problem lies in the allosexual folk that will completely gloss over daryl being ace simply cause hes also straight

Bloblike Loiterer

I very much love the character but I couldn't give 2 squirts of piss what his orientation was. I was reading the comments of the article and super ticked off with this fascination so many fans have with him in that way. Like, can we enjoy the show, the acting, the relateable life lessons that have nothing to do with zombies instead of focusing on who Daryl might potentially bump uglies with in the midst of this chaotic world?

Tipsy Sex Symbol

If he wasnt a-sexual he would have hit beth when they were both drunk.

Desirable Shapeshifter

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Desirable Shapeshifter

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Dr Maikel
Lmao so true!

Friend

Dr Maikel

asexual people can still have sex.
nice try, though!

Dangerous Lunatic

Post Coital Cookie
I very much love the character but I couldn't give 2 squirts of piss what his orientation was. I was reading the comments of the article and super ticked off with this fascination so many fans have with him in that way. Like, can we enjoy the show, the acting, the relateable life lessons that have nothing to do with zombies instead of focusing on who Daryl might potentially bump uglies with in the midst of this chaotic world?

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME. I love TWD, and Daryl is one of my favorite characters of all time but honestly, I don't see why it's such a big deal to fans what his sexual orientation is. Won't make me appreciate Daryl any less!

Bloblike Loiterer

SupraSuperior
Post Coital Cookie

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME. I love TWD, and Daryl is one of my favorite characters of all time but honestly, I don't see why it's such a big deal to fans what his sexual orientation is. Won't make me appreciate Daryl any less!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Daryl right now like the only main character of the show who wasn't also in the comics? Is it because we have an arc or some insight into all of the other characters with the writers basically making up Daryl's as they go along the reason fer the obsessed fascination?

Kawaii Hunter

edyluewho
Dr Maikel

asexual people can still have sex.
nice try, though!

Just stop already! People are allowed to their opinions and their view but you are acting as if you know every little thing about Daryl being asexual.
No one else has tried proving anyone wrong, Nor are they pushing their opinions on everyone.
It's just knowing a part of the mysterious puzzle of Mr. Daryl Dixon.

Kawaii Hunter

I came to this forum subject because Daryl is one of my favorite characters and yes knowing more information about him is interesting but some comments I've read in here are truly making it hard to stay a Daryl fan. It's been confirmed his asexual, there is NO romance in sight so far.
STOP! ROBERT KIRKMAN SAID THIS HE WOULD KNOW! NOW WE KNOW, SO LET'S JUST KEEP LOVING DARYL!

Stop ruining it for everyone else who actually loves Daryl's character regardless of sexuality, mind you mainly everyone in here has not been this way besides one from what I see.

Regardless I still love Daryl he is kickass and hot, like him not matter his sexuality. Bad a** ya'll!

Oh and OMG Rosita! I LOVE YOU! <33

Btw this is certainly not aimed at the topic creator nor some of the other commenters.

Okay I feel better now. xD

Let's party!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas