gold. 1 100.0% [ 77 ]
Total Votes:[ 77 ]
1 2 >

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
In "Judge, Jury and Executioner" Carl showcased some pretty disturbing behavior (stealing [and then losing] a gun, taunting a zombie stuck in the mud [losing the gun], taunting a tied-up Randall [non-verbally; one could argue his mere presence was a taunt], egging Rick on...)

In a normal world this behavior is indicative of deeper psychological issues; in the Zombie Apocalypse(TM) it might be what saves his life.

Thoughts?

(Or other alternate Walking Dead chat! 4laugh )

Shirtless Conventioneer

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
i dont think stealing and losing guns, shouting at old women about beliefs and taunting walkers will save any lives.

Demonic Lunatic

16,925 Points
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Partygoer 500
I'm starting to not like Carol I mean in the begging I was sad he lost his friends Sophia and then gets shot, then when he wakes up he sees she turned in to a blood lusting zombie to just get shot in the head. But now hes really messed up i mean he got poor Dale killed and for what? Just to see a zombie close up? if you ask me that boy needs some serious help.
Don't be too hard on the boy. His father is busy keeping everyone alive, his mother believes clean socks can ward off evil and the only other person that pays any attention to him is a sociopath. Being careless is a privilege of youth, let us hope he's smart enough to learn from it.
Silmone
Don't be too hard on the boy. His father is busy keeping everyone alive, his mother believes clean socks can ward off evil and the only other person that pays any attention to him is a sociopath. Being careless is a privilege of youth, let us hope he's smart enough to learn from it.

I think it is very easy to judge child characters either too harshly or cut them too much slack. In this case, I think that the fault lies with the adults around him who while well-meaning in trying to protect him, are actually not giving him the information and experiences that could help him survive.

He should be learning to fight and track by now but also be required to help out "the women" too and learn basic repair and upkeep skills for all their equipment. That should be his education cause I don't think Harvard will be calling anytime soon. Yes, he should still be keeping up on reading and math but sadly I think the rest of his education needs to be more hands on.

3,400 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I was pretty disappointed in his behavior this episode... although, in a way, it could be expected. The only thing the adults tell him to do is go away and don't get into trouble. Since Carl is still a boy, he probably only hears "go away and get into trouble". I mean kids are curious creatures and don't always/ever listen. But honestly I was surprised considering the last time he was in the woods, he got shot, and the last time another child his age was in the woods, she got bitten.

I think the shot from Nebraska hints at what could be happening. (And I've seriously been thinking about this shot since I saw it). Carl is sitting with Lori and says he thinks Rick was right for shooting Sofia. But Carl simply says "he was right" while Shane is walking up in the background between them, implying that Shane was right. Shane walks off to the side and Rick comes into view when Carl clarifies that he means his father. At first I thought, "Aha, good play, director, very nice shot".

Now I wonder if Carl intended Shane... He believes people are fools for believing in hope (heaven) and he encourages Rick to shoot Randall. Rick is still struggling with survival, Shane has already evolved. I'm wondering if Carl is unintentionally or intentionally switching role models.

Shameless Conversationalist

15,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
More like it'll be what gets him killed. He may think he's all bad taunting a zombie, but he wasn't tough enough to shoot it, was he? He's lucky he didn't get bit, little b*****d.
thetammyjo
...I think that the fault lies with the adults around him who while well-meaning in trying to protect him, are actually not giving him the information and experiences that could help him survive.
He should be learning to fight and track by now but also be required to help out "the women" too and learn basic repair and upkeep skills for all their equipment. ...

Couldn't agree more, not to mention being busy would keep him out of trouble.
They are trying too hard to preserve his childish innocence in a world that probably already shattered it. The kid saw people he knew and cared about die in most horrible ways, no wonder he doesn't buy the "Sophia's with the angels" crap.
Rick lost a lot of brownie points in that episode. First for the speech about talking back to people without even asking what his version of the story was, second for sending him out of the room during the debate about Randall's fate. He already knows they are planning to kill the guy, let him know it's for the right reasons for God's sake.

Lonely Traveler

12,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
digital pancake
In "Judge, Jury and Executioner" Carl showcased some pretty disturbing behavior (stealing [and then losing] a gun, taunting a zombie stuck in the mud [losing the gun], taunting a tied-up Randall [non-verbally; one could argue his mere presence was a taunt], egging Rick on...)

In a normal world this behavior is indicative of deeper psychological issues; in the Zombie Apocalypse(TM) it might be what saves his life.

Thoughts?

(Or other alternate Walking Dead chat! 4laugh )

I've noticed this sever change in Carl as well. It seems that with the supposed loss of his father (even though Rick came back) then getting shot, Seeing Sophia as a zombie and killed then having Shane around as a partial father figure; I can see how this has deeply messed with him psychologically. But I do believe in the long run it will help him become a very good survivor but only if he is able to keep hold of his sanity and not become homicidal to everyone infected or not.

Chatty Nerd

6,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Hunter 50
Sophia's death obviously changed Carl for the worse.

He's a total badass a*****e now. .__.

yum_salmon yum_tuna yum_tamago yum_shrimp

Shirtless Shapeshifter

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
He was an idiot for provoking that walker and stealing the gun. -facepalm- to Carl. o.e

Devoted Member

Carl is on the path to becoming future Carl.

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
ScienceDog
Carl is on the path to becoming future Carl.
I couldn't agree more.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Carl is learning how to survive in the zombie apocalypse. But he never matured in a civil society so he doesn't have a real grasp on his humanity. Carl is like any other child his age. He's growing and learning who he is, and part of that is learning what it takes to get ahead and succeed. The unfortunate truth is, he lives in a savage time, so he's becoming a savage.

His parents need to teach him his humanity. If they don't they can't expect him to learn it on his own. He has no other examples to follow.

Original Lunatic

I know this is a serious conversation... but I just have to say that every time someone says "Carl" in the show, this is all I hear:

CAAAARRRRLLLLL!

Except, you know... watching it now... Llama Carl and Human Carl are pretty similar. They both do stupid things out of bordom and generally not knowing any better. lulz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff