Welcome to Gaia! ::

Juicy Dragon's Subordinate

Omnipresent Trash

17,725 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Torii Gatekeeper 500
Giuseppe DeAngelo
-wicked_nurse-
Stop thinking so 'classic'/'generic'. It will be some ugly virus, nobody will actually come back from the dead really, and it will be other people that are not sick you will have to worry about. Not the 'zombies'.

If you're not giving a proper explanation except for "some deadly virus that somehow gets spread", what do you expect me to think?

Stop being so vague.

Technically...

... there are some types of bacteria, parasites and viruses that could cause a "zombie" epidemic. They really aren't threats to us now, because they mostly only effect animals are insects but if they evolve into a state that effect man, we could be in trouble.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Survivor 150
-wicked_nurse-
I-I e l l I-I o u n d
lol u srs?
You watch too much Walking Dead rofl
Do you read up on world politics? Or watch government funds? Maybe even track national catastrophies? I would if I were you.. You can visit my profile for some helpfull links about FEMA. I am tracking some links about brain research right now. I am waiting to upload the links untill I can try and prove their legitimacy.

NOPE emotion_awesome

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Millionaire 200
Jesse Inferno
Giuseppe DeAngelo
-wicked_nurse-
Stop thinking so 'classic'/'generic'. It will be some ugly virus, nobody will actually come back from the dead really, and it will be other people that are not sick you will have to worry about. Not the 'zombies'.

If you're not giving a proper explanation except for "some deadly virus that somehow gets spread", what do you expect me to think?

Stop being so vague.

Technically...

... there are some types of bacteria, parasites and viruses that could cause a "zombie" epidemic. They really aren't threats to us now, because they mostly only effect animals are insects but if they evolve into a state that effect man, we could be in trouble.

That's something that I've been arguing about with others for the past two years now, they don't think that those things could possibly mutate and become deadly to humans
Nharia1

That's something that I've been arguing about with others for the past two years now, they don't think that those things could possibly mutate and become deadly to humans

Don't the subjects, usually insects or (very) small mammals also die within minutes after their "Zombification"? Permanently, I mean.

So even if they'd turn into canniballistic creatures that won't stop until their brains are permanently shut down.. and the virus would mutate to the point that it affects larger animals..
Have you any idea how long it would take for it to affect humans? By that time, I'm sure scientists will have noticed it and made a cure.

Compare it to a snake bite.
Some of the poisonous ones are very lethal to most small mammals, but to humans, it's nothing and poses no danger other then feeling sick.
We've cures for those, don't we?

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Millionaire 200
Giuseppe DeAngelo
Nharia1

Don't the subjects, usually insects or (very) small mammals also die within minutes after their "Zombification"? Permanently, I mean.

So even if they'd turn into canniballistic creatures that won't stop until their brains are permanently shut down.. and the virus would mutate to the point that it affects larger animals..
Have you any idea how long it would take for it to affect humans? By that time, I'm sure scientists will have noticed it and made a cure.

Compare it to a snake bite.
Some of the poisonous ones are very lethal to most small mammals, but to humans, it's nothing and poses no danger other then feeling sick.
We've cures for those, don't we?

Do you have any idea how long it takes for a virus to mutate into something new, its not all that long, so even if scientist saw it coming they could only do something about what they have in the labs, not what ever is mutating inside of something!
Nharia1

Do you have any idea how long it takes for a virus to mutate into something new, its not all that long, so even if scientist saw it coming they could only do something about what they have in the labs, not what ever is mutating inside of something!

Are you a scientist? Did you study how fast or slow something mutates?

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Millionaire 200
Giuseppe DeAngelo
Nharia1

Are you a scientist? Did you study how fast or slow something mutates?

No, but I do happen to read a lot of science books, since my dad's a crazy scientist, and so is my mom, I just kinda picked up their interest in it, why?
Nharia1

No, but I do happen to read a lot of science books, since my dad's a crazy scientist, and so is my mom, I just kinda picked up their interest in it, why?

Uh-huh.
Crazy, you said? Like... paranoid?

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Millionaire 200
Giuseppe DeAngelo
Nharia1

Uh-huh.
Crazy, you said? Like... paranoid?

Nope... well only slightly cat_blaugh But that's okay with me cat_3nodding

Tipsy Goat

Do you have canned foods, water, blunt and sharp objects? A house with 1 hole to get in and out of? Clothes to keep warm? First aid kit? Understand how to clean water? Build a fire? Know how to grow crops and kill deer/rabbits/pig clean and cook them? I could keep going...but i'll let you get started get your items for this.

1,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Nope not really!

1,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Window Shopper 100
I don't think so plus there's nothing in the bible that says there will be zombies and that will be the end of the world!

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Millionaire 200
BloodRose6969
I don't think so plus there's nothing in the bible that says there will be zombies and that will be the end of the world!

Please don't start saying that kind of stuff, seriously, you're just asking for trouble, not that I don't like Christians and any other religion, just don't bring it up when the matter we're talking about here involves Science, not Religion.

Juicy Dragon's Subordinate

Omnipresent Trash

17,725 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Torii Gatekeeper 500
I wouldn't worry to much about zombies. I honestly believe given enough time a zombie related epidemic could threaten humanity, but it's much more likely that the natural state of men in this day and age is much more threatening to our survival as a species than zombies would ever be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff