Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lady Lunatic

I may be a bit of an anomaly here in that my only exposure to the walking dead is from playing the Telltale Games series, which I've LOVED both seasons of.
I did watch the pilot episode of the show back when it came out because for some reason watching the previews made me think it was a comedy (can you tell I don't watch much TV? sweatdrop ) and I didn't like it all that much. I haven't touched the comics but do you think I would like them better since the games follow more closely to the comics? Or should I give the show another try after 3-4 years...

Dangerous Lunatic

13,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I LOVE the game series! heart Telltale does an excellent job, the the game really has nothing to do with the comic series in the end. The Hershel and Glenn cameo in season 1 episode 1 was all there was. But the games and comic series really do have a similar feel. For me, my order in favorites of the franchise are the Telltale games, the comics, and then the show. I definitely recommend reading the comics, I'm sure you'll like them. The show isn't that great compared, but I personally still love it a lot. And it's interesting to see the difference between the show and the comic book series and how the show follows the comics.

I'm really excited for season 3 of the game. It'll probably be a different story with new characters, because of the ending of season 2 and I don't think Telltale could closely follow all the different routes. Kenny was my favorite. emotion_kirakira
I played the Telltale games. They were reallllly good! :3 As Yanderia said, the games don't really follow the comics or the tv show. The show itself doesn't really follow the comics ether.

I do recommend the comics and the show though! biggrin

Dedicated Squatter

i havent played the games myself but ive watched lets plays and stuff so i know everything that happens . im super anxious so playing games that require quick thinking like that scare me off pretty quick

that said , the games are really good . i thought season 2 was weaker but i adore clementine as a character so i still enjoyed it . there was just way too many shitty characters imo , like i didnt care for luke at all , and jane was so similar to molly except molly was actually enjoyable

im pretty pumped for season 3 though . im assuming clementine is going to be the star again ?? at least i hope so

Tipsy Sex Symbol

I only played the first season and i loved it.
in other news seems like Lee is going to be a main character in the walking dead tv series spinoff ! excited for that.

Ruthless Hellraiser

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
Dr Maikel
in other news seems like Lee is going to be a main character in the walking dead tv series spinoff ! excited for that.

Where did you read that? If you've played season one, you'll find that scenario to be impossible.

And yes, the Telltale Games are arguably the best incarnation of the Walking Dead universe.
I haven't played the Telltale games but I played the one with Daryl. That one was awful.

Fashionable Explorer

10,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • That One Hero 500
The Governor of Woodbury
Dr Maikel

Where did you read that? If you've played season one, you'll find that scenario to be impossible.

And yes, the Telltale Games are arguably the best incarnation of the Walking Dead universe.

yea dats what i wana know too! biggrin where da heck did ya find out dat Lee might be a character in da spin offs lol :O i've played both seasons 1 and 2, and they're both awsome games for sure..plus i luv the "timed decisions" in da story, cuz if if there ever was an rl Z.A., then u def. have to make quick decisions rather than thinking for such a long time lol
the games are amazing, the show is amazing, i haven't gotten to the comics yet but i'm gonna go ahead and assume they're amazing.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

The Governor of Woodbury
Dr Maikel

it was on CBR.com

the spinn off is going to be about a teacher who meets a little girl.

Lady Lunatic

Yanderia
I LOVE the game series! heart Telltale does an excellent job, the the game really has nothing to do with the comic series in the end. The Hershel and Glenn cameo in season 1 episode 1 was all there was. But the games and comic series really do have a similar feel. For me, my order in favorites of the franchise are the Telltale games, the comics, and then the show. I definitely recommend reading the comics, I'm sure you'll like them. The show isn't that great compared, but I personally still love it a lot. And it's interesting to see the difference between the show and the comic book series and how the show follows the comics.

I'm really excited for season 3 of the game. It'll probably be a different story with new characters, because of the ending of season 2 and I don't think Telltale could closely follow all the different routes. Kenny was my favorite. emotion_kirakira

I hated, hated, hated Kenny at first. But I liked him better in season 2.
I still chose to kill him. D:

Dangerous Lunatic

13,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Dr Maikel
The Governor of Woodbury
Dr Maikel

it was on CBR.com

the spinn off is going to be about a teacher who meets a little girl.

They already announced the cast a few months ago.

The protagonist is I believe a Spanish man with a teenage son. Not Lee.

Then there's a woman (named Andrea ironically if I remember correctly) with a teenage son and daughter.

edit: The mother isn't the one named Andrea but there iiis another woman with that name. Here are the character profiles they released months back:

SEAN CABRERA | A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.

CODY CABRERA | Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.

NANCY TOMPKINS | A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.

NICK TOMPKINS | Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.

ASHLEY TOMPKINS | Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.

ANDREA CHAPMAN | A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea — yep, another Andrea! — has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.

Lady Lunatic

cisslinger
i havent played the games myself but ive watched lets plays and stuff so i know everything that happens . im super anxious so playing games that require quick thinking like that scare me off pretty quick

that said , the games are really good . i thought season 2 was weaker but i adore clementine as a character so i still enjoyed it . there was just way too many shitty characters imo , like i didnt care for luke at all , and jane was so similar to molly except molly was actually enjoyable

im pretty pumped for season 3 though . im assuming clementine is going to be the star again ?? at least i hope so

Oh gosh Molly was the best!! I remember trying so hard to get Molly to stay with the group. I was mad when I found out she would leave regardless of what you did.

Lady Lunatic

Lucre
I haven't played the Telltale games but I played the one with Daryl. That one was awful.

Survival Instinct? Yeah that one looks awful.

Mrs Stoned7933's Husband

Never thought i would see the day that zombies ruled the world lol well atleast through a tv show but yeah my Girlfriend has played the walking dead on the iphone hahah she said she loved it and much bites and scratchs for beth hahha, whos ur guys fav charter is ?? wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff