Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cat

It was within the first minute. Holy s**t, it looked awful. But even if it had looked good, I thought The Walking Dead was all about doing it the real way with makeup and special effects. Literally every other zombie that's lost its guts in all five seasons of the show has lost "real" guts.

Not only that, but... why would Rick slash a zombie's stomach while he ran by it? He's been in this s**t long enough that he knows he isn't going to phase it. Maybe the guts were CGI because the gut slash was an afterthought. Someone--probably someone who hasn't been working on the show for long--thought that there wasn't enough gore in the scene after it was shot and resorted to some really awful animation.

The whole thing looked cheap and not well thought out. I hope this isn't what will become of the show. I know TWD was having funding issues from AMC...

Beloved Prophet

I noticed that, too. I was just like "okay, cool" and tried to forget about it. I feel like they're just trying to up the ante with each season, so they resort to bigger bouts of gore. Just this time... they just didn't have the right thing going for them? I dunno. I feel like their CGI has been wonky all season, especially with the close-up headshots. I think Daryl had stabbed a walker in the head with an arrow or something, but it looked awful, too. Yikes.

The show was having funding issues? I would think AMC would give them whatever they wanted, considering it's the most popular show they have right now.

Loyal Spirit

4,450 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Fusion Novice 50
Was too focused on how they were going to break my heart that I just kinda went past everything else I thought was odd.
However, yes, I vaguely remember that scene.
I must watch it again in order to fully comment xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces