Welcome to Gaia! ::

zothaq
why do you hate him?
If your best friend slept with your wife, got her pregnant, tried to rape her, tell you that you can't protect your family like he can, try to kill you.
Would you still like him?

Personally no, but I'm not in the story, I'm viewing it for enjoyment so he's an epic character to me.

Let's also remember that Rick attacked first and everything that ensued was in the heat of the fight.

Eloquent Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
Lord_Sloth
zothaq
why do you hate him?
If your best friend slept with your wife, got her pregnant, tried to rape her, tell you that you can't protect your family like he can, try to kill you.
Would you still like him?

Personally no, but I'm not in the story, I'm viewing it for enjoyment so he's an epic character to me.

Let's also remember that Rick attacked first and everything that ensued was in the heat of the fight.
Shane really started if you ask me

Rick had a talk with shane before they fought so shane should have kept his mouth shut

Alien Cultist

21,775 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50

shane is my fave and my mom loves him too. he doesn't wanna roll over like a dog and do what the others say. it'll suck when he dies.

the haters get so annoying. probably the same ones crying over dale getting his guts ripped out. emotion_awesome

Invisible Lover

Lord_Sloth
Honestly he's my favorite character in the series at this point. Anybody out there actually like him? I see a whooooole lota haters and not much else.
His methods are somewhat brutal but, overall, I would rather work with him then with half the others. Shane, Daryl, Glenn and maybe Andrea (for a good lay, every now and then) would be the group I'd like to be with. Shane want's to be a leader? Fine - I'll let him take the reins, but I'll be there as his 2nd in command to try and talk him through some of his more brutal methods, offering alternate solutions that he could find agreeable.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Gunnerblaster
Lord_Sloth
Honestly he's my favorite character in the series at this point. Anybody out there actually like him? I see a whooooole lota haters and not much else.
His methods are somewhat brutal but, overall, I would rather work with him then with half the others. Shane, Daryl, Glenn and maybe Andrea (for a good lay, every now and then) would be the group I'd like to be with. Shane want's to be a leader? Fine - I'll let him take the reins, but I'll be there as his 2nd in command to try and talk him through some of his more brutal methods, offering alternate solutions that he could find agreeable.

The problem is that Shane wouldn't listen to anyone else but himself. He's a volatile person. We saw it in the first season. After Lori broke things off with Shane, and he wasn't happy about it, what did he do? He went out and purposefully beat the crap out of Carol's husband to get rid of his aggression. Yes, Carol's husband deserved it, but I wouldn't want to be a part of a group where our "leader" will regularly lash out and strike someone else just because things aren't going his way.

PhoenixOfSummer's Partner

Shapeshifter

I like him. :3

He has the right ideas, but goes the wrong way about getting said ideas done.

He likes to make me angry with him though. emotion_donotwant

Invisible Lover

Yukino Makoto-kun
Gunnerblaster
Lord_Sloth

The problem is that Shane wouldn't listen to anyone else but himself. He's a volatile person. We saw it in the first season. After Lori broke things off with Shane, and he wasn't happy about it, what did he do? He went out and purposefully beat the crap out of Carol's husband to get rid of his aggression. Yes, Carol's husband deserved it, but I wouldn't want to be a part of a group where our "leader" will regularly lash out and strike someone else just because things aren't going his way.
If he started becoming a serious danger to the group, then it wouldn't be hard to mutiny and kill him - Or at least go separate ways. He doesn't seem the type to be too against people leaving his group.
Contagious Cure
EthelbertOddity
burning_eyes I like him also..
he's something those who hate on him
just don't understand... what's
it called again...

Oh yeah REALISTIC...
the ones who dislike,
to me at lest seem
mostly to be.. women

Or Dale lovers...
so again women.. hahahha
He's a jackass. Yeah he probably has what it takes to survive and brings some semi-interesting conflict to the group (so I wouldn't actually want him to die in the show), but if the apocalypse scenario is real and I was in that group, I would want him dead. Unless your name is Lori, you can bet that he's just a likely to kill you as some walker should it mean he gets out alive.

burning_eyes
I disagree with you, I don't find him
to be a jackass at all...

And if you where in that
group you could always just leave
if you didn't like him...

Also if he really wanted
to just kill people a lot would have
been dead a long time ago

the reason he's killed, that I've
seen was to really protect, or save
those he loved...

6,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
That's what she said.
I like him and acknowledge his necessary role in the show.

Rainbow Wrangler

13,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Shane is one of the bad a** characters.
I have no hate for this guy. It's the ******** apocalypse, the world has gone to s**t.
His survival instincts have kicked into overdrive, that's it.
He knows how to survive and does whatever it takes to make sure that he does.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Gunnerblaster
If he started becoming a serious danger to the group, then it wouldn't be hard to mutiny and kill him - Or at least go separate ways. He doesn't seem the type to be too against people leaving his group.

No, it would be VERY hard to mutiny against Shane. Shane has already said multiple times that he's going to leave the group and strike out on his own. But he hasn't. Why? Because he still feels like the group is "his"... that Lori and Carl are "his"... and he's a man who will do ANYTHING AT ALL to protect what's "his." Even worse than that, we've seen that Shane has absolutely no problem with leaving other people behind because they're weak/not useful/he doesn't like them/whatever the crazy elves in his head say to him.

He's sacrificed Rick more than once. He sacrificed Otis. He sacrificed Merle. He was willing to sacrifice that whole group in "Vatos" who were taking care of the elderly people. And he's willing to sacrifice Randall. Hell, in the last episode he was telling Andrea that they should "take" the farm from Hershel and Rick.

At this point, if you even gave an inkling that you aren't on Shane's "side", or at least a non-threat to him, Shane will put a bullet in your leg and leave you for walkers. He's a man with his guard up CONSTANTLY, and that's just a fast track to making you insane, even in the real world.
zothaq
Shane really started if you ask me

Rick had a talk with shane before they fought so shane should have kept his mouth shut

Men don't take well to being put in their place. Also, what he said didn't really warrant an attack outright. Rick was in the wrong for escalating the situation to the level of physical violence.

4,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
HE KILLED OTIS!!!!!! he's a d*ck thats all i can say.... evil
EthelbertOddity
Contagious Cure
EthelbertOddity
burning_eyes I like him also..
he's something those who hate on him
just don't understand... what's
it called again...

Oh yeah REALISTIC...
the ones who dislike,
to me at lest seem
mostly to be.. women

Or Dale lovers...
so again women.. hahahha
He's a jackass. Yeah he probably has what it takes to survive and brings some semi-interesting conflict to the group (so I wouldn't actually want him to die in the show), but if the apocalypse scenario is real and I was in that group, I would want him dead. Unless your name is Lori, you can bet that he's just a likely to kill you as some walker should it mean he gets out alive.

burning_eyes
I disagree with you, I don't find him
to be a jackass at all...

And if you where in that
group you could always just leave
if you didn't like him...

Also if he really wanted
to just kill people a lot would have
been dead a long time ago

the reason he's killed, that I've
seen was to really protect, or save
those he loved...
Lol leave? And go where? Most of the group in the show don't like/trust Shane but they stay because they've got no where else to go. But if another group showed up with less psychopaths like Shane in them hell yes I would ditch that group and join the other one.

Shane is violently unstable and after killing Otis he's become increasingly capable of murder. And yeah that's why I said unless your name is Lori. He's shown numerous times that he's capable of killing the living just to get what he wants. He pointed his gun at Rick in season 1 and only stopped when he noticed Dale looking at him going "WTF Shane!" He threw a rench at Rick and also tipped a bike over him (I thought Rick was done for then like it would have broken his legs or something). He threatened killing Dale when he started pushing the questions about what really happened with Otis.

I've also read the comics so I know what he's capable of but I won't spoil it here. I'm not saying he's a mindless killer, I'm saying he's ruthless and has unpredictably violent outburst (threatening to kill the doctor at the CDC when he was the only person that could let them out of that building for instance). If zombies attacked the farm and killing you would help him get away or help Lori get away, you bet youself that he's gonna ******** you up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff