Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Team Human or Undead Horde?

Team Human 0.62962962962963 63.0% [ 34 ]
Undead Horde 0.37037037037037 37.0% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 54 ]
1 2 >

I created this topic to discuss traits that the undead have as well as to understand better zombie infection.

I have thousands of questions and I hope my inquiries will be answered.

Feel free to also post your own questions about the living dead o:

My first question, If zombies continue to decompose after reanimation, How long would they be a threat before they deteriorate beyond being able to move? After all a decaying body... those joints and ligaments would be gone sooner or later... Right?

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Realistically, the modern human body decomposes fully after 5 years or so. That's because we eat more preservatives and such in our diets. But that's after 5 years of being put in the ground and letting the insects and elements work their way at you.

Powerhungry Genius

44,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Yukino Makoto-kun
Realistically, the modern human body decomposes fully after 5 years or so. That's because we eat more preservatives and such in our diets. But that's after 5 years of being put in the ground and letting the insects and elements work their way at you.
we also have to factor in the fact that bite victims turn into zombies and create more zombie, increasing the amount of time zombies are around (from 5 years to at least 20-30 years in a possible, worse-case situation)
Yukino Makoto-kun
One to two years exposed in most climates; I looked up the rate at which a body decomposes at once , but I question if the virus is prolonging the rate at which a zombie will decay at.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Foxyn88
Yukino Makoto-kun
One to two years exposed in most climates; I looked up the rate at which a body decomposes at once , but I question if the virus is prolonging the rate at which a zombie will decay at.

Well, I say 5 years for full decomposition which means really nothing left but teeth and bones. Plus, with modern funeral practices of embalming and such, and steel coffins, etc., that slows down the decaying process.
Yukino Makoto-kun
Foxyn88
Yukino Makoto-kun

Well, I say 5 years for full decomposition which means really nothing left but teeth and bones. Plus, with modern funeral practices of embalming and such, and steel coffins, etc., that slows down the decaying process.
I'll say 1-2 years minimal and 5 yrs maximum; um there's nothing that suggests that these zombies are popping out of the graves.

Lonely Traveler

12,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I think that the decomposition process will be slowed on zombies because from what most books and shows explain, the zombie's brain is still active and in most shows and what not the zombies still have a fair amount of blood in them that hasn't coagulated yet. So if that is the case then the zombies could survive anywhere between 15 to 30 years. The elements of course would work most would freeze over in harsh winters and tornadoes would be quite a pretty site. So my theory is that the long haul zombie apocalypse will last 20+ years cure/antidote pending of course XD

Wistful Dreamer

i feel like zombies are kind of like soulless humans that don't care if their face is rotting off, which it will, if they smash their faces and limbs against things, which they do, which speeds up the decay process. Kind of like having gangrene but not doing a thing about it.

walking dead things -- simple as that.

Cold weather will help freeze them -- just like running water will freeze if it's cold enough for a long time, they'll have to freeze too! laws of nature. Better head north.

Lonely Traveler

12,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kovva
i feel like zombies are kind of like soulless humans that don't care if their face is rotting off, which it will, if they smash their faces and limbs against things, which they do, which speeds up the decay process. Kind of like having gangrene but not doing a thing about it.

Cold weather will help freeze them -- just like running water will freeze if it's cold enough for a long time, they'll have to freeze too! laws of nature. Better head north.

Horrible idea with no guaranteed power source you are better off staying in warmer climates in any type of apocalypse. Might stop some of them not going to freeze them all specially Zombies from the north that before turning were people accustomed to the cold. All that will happen is you will freeze your butt off have no ability to grown your own food and become a zombie bait freeze pop.

Aged Gekko

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100
well, in general I have no idea. But I would say in this case of the show... how ever long it takes for the brain to decay. They explain at the end of season one that the brain reboots to its most basic of functions.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
That's all pretty interesting information. I never knew that about how long it takes the human body to decompose. But are you guys taking into factor that these bodies are wearing out through use? I mean the zombies take a beating just moving around. They are out in storms and drag their way through all kinds of terrain. That has to speed up the time of decomposition right?

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
I agree that it'll be however long it takes for the brain to decay/be damaged completely. We've seen that just a head will continue to snap and try to bite until the brain is smashed.

Aged Gekko

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100
Guild Carver1
Kovva

Horrible idea with no guaranteed power source you are better off staying in warmer climates in any type of apocalypse. Might stop some of them not going to freeze them all specially Zombies from the north that before turning were people accustomed to the cold. All that will happen is you will freeze your butt off have no ability to grown your own food and become a zombie bait freeze pop.
I get what you are saying, and agree for the most part. But, whether a person is accustomed to the cold or not has to do with blood pressure core temp. When the body is dead and blood is no longer an issue then I think everyone freezes at the same rate. smile

Wistful Dreamer

Guild Carver1
Kovva

I hate zombies, so i'd hope to find a place with a good source of food, and wait it out in my fur coats.

idk, both climates have their advantages and disadvantages.

Aged Gekko

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100
Wolfdude87
That's all pretty interesting information. I never knew that about how long it takes the human body to decompose. But are you guys taking into factor that these bodies are wearing out through use? I mean the zombies take a beating just moving around. They are out in storms and drag their way through all kinds of terrain. That has to speed up the time of decomposition right?
True, there is constant wear and tear on your body. Infact, I recently found out in my PE classes that building muscle is actually the act of you damaging preexsisting tissue and your body repairing and reenforcing over time. And correct me if I am wrong but everything is considered exercise on some level... so with them constantly damaging tissue and cells without the ability to heal it then I would say the time it would take is cut in half easily (if not more)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff