Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Detective

Honestly, she's annoying at the moment, but I am hoping that she will have a turnaround soon. In the comics, she actually is a lot better of a character and one of my favorites. I don't know why for the T.V show though they decided to make me want to shoot her in the face.
burning_eyes
I like her better then Lory she makes me wanna drop kick her.. you don't just get with your husbands best friend cause you think he's dead.. she's just a uptight hoe... and really doesn't do all that much...

Love the fact that Andrea, told her off.. hahaha and Shane helped keep everyone alive when things first started.. rick came a lot latter.... REMEMBER that people.. hahaha

Lonely Traveler

12,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
iFallen Valkyrie
Everyone loves and respects Shane

No this guy here does not respect Shane and would seriously like to see Shane die in a horrible death soon. emotion_dowant

As for Andrea she really does annoy me at times but her character is a really strong one. The only thing Andrea has ever said to really piss me off and not like her much was last night when she bitched at Lori because Lori took the knife away from the girl. That is the one thing that drew me away from her character because I've dealt with suicidal people before and if you just. "Let [them] choose their own fate." it usually ends up in a mortally wounded person who doesn't want to die but they cut an artery and are going to die anyway. After she said that last night Andrea goes on my annoying b***h list with Shane, Walt's dad from LOST, and the a-hole who came up with the word Swag.
I really like the character of Andrea because I see her as a realistic counter to the sexist attitude that really pissed me off with Lori in last night's episode.

Really? It's the woman's job to make a house worth protecting and Andrea is selfish for learning to shoot and being able and willing guard everyone? Really?!

Everyone -- men, women, kids, disabled, elderly -- everyone needs to be learning to fight and putting in time guarding AND building a home worth fighting for. Otherwise you will end up with no men and women who can only offer the zombies some salt and pepper on their sorry arms when they come to get eaten.

I find it very interesting that the women in Rick's group are promoting this sexism more than the men. Shane, Daryl, all of them are more than willing to teach anyone how to fight but some of these women are refusing to step up. Clinging to your little suzy homemaker ideal isn't cool in a zombie apocalypse and doesn't do much for your group. Even Hershel with his weird ideals had Maggie going out to find supplies which means she had to know how to take care of herself.

Sparkly Fatcat

Should have killed her a long time ago >.>
del1nquents
I don't like her just because she's easy to manipulate and goes with whoever she finds to be more intimidating. Also, rather than doing what she should do or doing what she's told, she goes out of her way trying to prove something of herself when it's not time for that.
I liked her up until the second season began, especially when she was with her little sister. They were so cute! Now she tries so hard to be a bad a**.
Idunno, she just kinds of bothers me, how she steps out of line all the time.

This. Exactly. She's got good intentions, I suppose...just her delivery leaves something to be desired. Likewise, she makes some decently arguable points, but she kind of goes about it for the wrong reasons.

Though, I do wanna say one thing: when Lori was all "let the men do the protectin' they got it covered" I felt for Andrea a little. That was some blatant, unwarranted sexism. I can't argue that Andrea's got a great shot. She does do some decent protecting if push comes to shove.

Obsessive Lover

12,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
thetammyjo
I really like the character of Andrea because I see her as a realistic counter to the sexist attitude that really pissed me off with Lori in last night's episode.

Really? It's the woman's job to make a house worth protecting and Andrea is selfish for learning to shoot and being able and willing guard everyone? Really?!

Everyone -- men, women, kids, disabled, elderly -- everyone needs to be learning to fight and putting in time guarding AND building a home worth fighting for. Otherwise you will end up with no men and women who can only offer the zombies some salt and pepper on their sorry arms when they come to get eaten.

I find it very interesting that the women in Rick's group are promoting this sexism more than the men. Shane, Daryl, all of them are more than willing to teach anyone how to fight but some of these women are refusing to step up. Clinging to your little suzy homemaker ideal isn't cool in a zombie apocalypse and doesn't do much for your group. Even Hershel with his weird ideals had Maggie going out to find supplies which means she had to know how to take care of herself.

^This. Lori pissed me off as well. I loved Andrea throwing it right back at her. She was basically spot on with what she said to her(suicide issue being questionable). I think Lori really does take it for granted in a few ways, because she hasn't lost the two people closest to her, and Andrea lost her sister, Carol lost Sophia, and she wants to act like nothing's wrong, and doesn't even want to let her son learn how to shoot walkers -.-
KyaKonami
I think Lori really does take it for granted in a few ways, because she hasn't lost the two people closest to her, and Andrea lost her sister, Carol lost Sophia, and she wants to act like nothing's wrong, and doesn't even want to let her son learn how to shoot walkers -.-

I don't like Lori any better than Andrea (in some ways, my dislike for her is even more) but I don't think she should be blamed that she still has her family when other people haven't. I almost feel like Andrea was saying Lori hasn't suffered ENOUGH like the rest of them. That pissed me out about her. Suffering and loss should not be measured or compared. It's different for everyone.

I'm curious though. How has she acted like nothing was wrong. I'd like to think she knows lots of things are wrong even though she's got some semblance of a family left.

Also...anyone else think Andrea KNOWS about Shane and Lori's relationship? She said this one line that makes me think she may have an inkling. And if she does, do you think she's jealous?

Unbeatable Phantom

I think some people are annoyed with how much she has changed compared to the comics. She was really popular there, not so much in the show.

I think about it this way though... they DID change her character a lot, she went from being 26 to 36. That is a BIG difference. A 36 year old sees the world entirely differently than a 26 year old.

I actually think Andrea, in the comics, was more easily manipulated and clung on to Dale since she didn't really have anyone else to turn to. She is still a badass, but she ends up having to play Susie Homemaker for all the orphans anyways. In the show, she's been liberated from that so far but has also been given some realistic character flaws. The more mature Andrea being attracted to Shane makes a lot of sense to me also. She knows what she wants, more than her 26 year old counterpart at least, and she's more strongly opinionated and not afraid of saying it.

At 26 you have a bit more of a positive outlook on things, so it makes sense as to why comic Andrea had less issues while coping with her sister's death. Andrea in the show has a lot less to live for, she couldn't protect her sister, despite being a mature woman, and blames herself. It is part of the reason she feels like she needs to prove that she is capable of being a protector for the camp. Still, she doesn't feel like anything in her foreseeable future is worth living for. My biggest problem is that in the last episode she claimed that someone who really wants to kill themselves is going to find a way. So did she change her mind? If so, why is she still so hung up on the issue? If not, then why doesn't she just get it over with?

That is how I see it at least.
Guild Carver1
iFallen Valkyrie
Everyone loves and respects Shane

No this guy here does not respect Shane and would seriously like to see Shane die in a horrible death soon. emotion_dowant

As for Andrea she really does annoy me at times but her character is a really strong one. The only thing Andrea has ever said to really piss me off and not like her much was last night when she bitched at Lori because Lori took the knife away from the girl. That is the one thing that drew me away from her character because I've dealt with suicidal people before and if you just. "Let [them] choose their own fate." it usually ends up in a mortally wounded person who doesn't want to die but they cut an artery and are going to die anyway. After she said that last night Andrea goes on my annoying b***h list with Shane, Walt's dad from LOST, and the a-hole who came up with the word Swag.

burning_eyes
No other way to say it then.. I just super disagree with you..
Being someone who has also dealt with suicidal persons.. I totally agreed with Andrea..
in a wold like that.. when you can die any sec.. If you don't wanna life
hell do everyone a favor and check out..

As for in this world we live in you also know, you can't keep watching people all the
time and if they really want to opt out they well.. no matter what you think..
thetammyjo

burning_eyes Claps hands you tell em.. equality darnet.. hahaha

Profitable Noob

EthelbertOddity
burning_eyes
I like her better then Lory she makes me wanna drop kick her.. you don't just get with your husbands best friend cause you think he's dead.. she's just a uptight hoe... and really doesn't do all that much...

Love the fact that Andrea, told her off.. hahaha and Shane helped keep everyone alive when things first started.. rick came a lot latter.... REMEMBER that people.. hahaha

Agree'd^
Like Andrea and shane
DISLIKE Lori
meowmeowkitty
I think some people are annoyed with how much she has changed compared to the comics. She was really popular there, not so much in the show.

I think about it this way though... they DID change her character a lot, she went from being 26 to 36. That is a BIG difference. A 36 year old sees the world entirely differently than a 26 year old.

I actually think Andrea, in the comics, was more easily manipulated and clung on to Dale since she didn't really have anyone else to turn to. She is still a badass, but she ends up having to play Susie Homemaker for all the orphans anyways. In the show, she's been liberated from that so far but has also been given some realistic character flaws. The more mature Andrea being attracted to Shane makes a lot of sense to me also. She knows what she wants, more than her 26 year old counterpart at least, and she's more strongly opinionated and not afraid of saying it.

At 26 you have a bit more of a positive outlook on things, so it makes sense as to why comic Andrea had less issues while coping with her sister's death. Andrea in the show has a lot less to live for, she couldn't protect her sister, despite being a mature woman, and blames herself. It is part of the reason she feels like she needs to prove that she is capable of being a protector for the camp. Still, she doesn't feel like anything in her foreseeable future is worth living for. My biggest problem is that in the last episode she claimed that someone who really wants to kill themselves is going to find a way. So did she change her mind? If so, why is she still so hung up on the issue? If not, then why doesn't she just get it over with?

That is how I see it at least.

burning_eyes
What do you mean, why is she still hung up on it? Until the girl say's she wants to do it(kill herself).. she really hadn't brought it up.. it was that old f'er trying to play daddy.. that keeps bring it up to her..

Also I do agree you see things different when your 26, to being 36.. though not always in a. oh I'm young so I see things as positive or warm and sunny all the time.. some times its the other way around.. and at 36 you see things more as "OH I get what's going on no biggy.." though it all depends on the person and there history.. cause at 26 I wasn't some positive loving type of guy.. not by a long ways...
ButterMango
EthelbertOddity
burning_eyes

Agree'd^
Like Andrea and shane
DISLIKE Lori

burning_eyes Yeah someone else see's my point in all this hahaha
EthelbertOddity
thetammyjo

burning_eyes Claps hands you tell em.. equality darnet.. hahaha

Not a matter of equality, a matter of survival. If you want to survive, everyone better be capable of doing almost everything. Sure you want your best people (PEOPLE) in charge of the things they are best at but your ten year old better be able to kick some butt too because running (Sophia anyone?) isn't going to save your a** if push comes to shove.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff