Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Capitalist

6,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Beth was kawaii, but a bit irritating at times. She wasn't strong as she was when her character died but people could see her BECOMING strong, like Carol is now. Carol is bad-a** and I'm glad she's stayed alive (at first I hated her so much my god).

Daryl and Maggie's reaction tho ... crying

Thieving Spirit

I agree with most of what you're saying.

I just preferred Beth as a match for Daryl over Carol. I don't mind Beth being dead, as long as Daryl isn't with Carol. They're relationship is too mother/son or sibling to me.
Nine Tail Ghoul
Well if you followed Beth's history then maybe you would understand why Beth is significant to viewers. Beth wasn't simple nor was she just another cast member but held the responsibility to reflect the teenage girl role in the show which is perhaps the most neglected aspect of this show by viewers. Throughout the season she lost her boyfriend, father, etc. to a pandemic that no one truly understands until the latter suggests otherwise. Throughout all of this, Beth has felt as if she is just existing and not just existing but being a burden to the crew. Beth proved this mid-season that she is powerful and even before mid-season and previous seasons: Beth was an nurse and caretaker. Especially with Judith and providing emotional support.

I was blown away seeing Beth getting killed because there was a deeper meaning to the stab she dealt on Dawn. She didn't want to kill. I don't think it ever was her intention she isn't stupid... She clearly still holds a little ounce of innocence of being a nice girl. She said she understood what Dawn said but in the end, she still didn't. Dawn wanted Beth to understand hope and what to do to keep hope alive. Beth took the other forest path assuming she understood (attempted to protect her friends but she was afraid of killing people with her own hands, the cop being her only sort-of-human kill) failed and bit the bullet, literally.

This. heart

Feral Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Noob wrangler 100
cannibalistic_kittyX
Nine Tail Ghoul
Well if you followed Beth's history then maybe you would understand why Beth is significant to viewers. Beth wasn't simple nor was she just another cast member but held the responsibility to reflect the teenage girl role in the show which is perhaps the most neglected aspect of this show by viewers. Throughout the season she lost her boyfriend, father, etc. to a pandemic that no one truly understands until the latter suggests otherwise. Throughout all of this, Beth has felt as if she is just existing and not just existing but being a burden to the crew. Beth proved this mid-season that she is powerful and even before mid-season and previous seasons: Beth was an nurse and caretaker. Especially with Judith and providing emotional support.

I was blown away seeing Beth getting killed because there was a deeper meaning to the stab she dealt on Dawn. She didn't want to kill. I don't think it ever was her intention she isn't stupid... She clearly still holds a little ounce of innocence of being a nice girl. She said she understood what Dawn said but in the end, she still didn't. Dawn wanted Beth to understand hope and what to do to keep hope alive. Beth took the other forest path assuming she understood (attempted to protect her friends but she was afraid of killing people with her own hands, the cop being her only sort-of-human kill) failed and bit the bullet, literally.

This. heart

lol ty xp

Demonic Nymph

Beth was pretty much dead weight. I don't even know how she survived on the show for so long tbh.
        I never cared for her at all. She reminded me a lot of a Mary Sue.

10,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • First step to fame 200
Part of the reason I loved Dale and Herschel, because they didn't like some of the decisions that had to be made but they knew it had to be done. It was refreshing to see that type of innocence in a world with the undead.

I saw that same innocence with Beth, she found a reason to keep going after her failed suicide attempt. Her Family. When Maggie was kidnapped by the governor in season 3, Beth was the first to step up and volunteer to rescue her sister. Despite losing her father and the Prison she still had hope. It was refreshing to see that one person who had hope and faith that was surviving in a world that screams hopelessness and death.

That and I know people like Beth, my cousins, my sisters, I was able to associate her with people I cared about. I'd like to think if the Zombie apocalypse were to happen they'd adapt and survive as well.

Tenacious Rogue

15,075 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I never really liked her. She came off as whiny and expendable to me. And I hated it whenever she broke out into her country-folk songs too. I don't like the genre of music or her voice. I expected someone was going to die in the midseason finale, because that's just how this show goes, and when Michonne turned to Maggie and told her that they'd found Beth, that she was alive, and that Rick was going to go get her, I was like "aw ********, they're killing off Beth tonight". I don't really care about Daryl anymore, I liked him better when he was the strong, silent type shrouded in mystery. But since he's been bawling every other damn episode I've lost complete interest in him. I really just feel bad for Maggie. She's the last Green now. Effing sucks to see so many of your family killed in front of you.

The only characters I really care about are Glen and Michonne, who unfortunately, I sense she's going to get killed off sometime soon.

Inquisitive Spirit

42,350 Points
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Ian's Valentine 100
I didn't like her at first. I grew to like her. Especially after her adventures with Daryl.
I was shocked and sad when she was killed off. It was definitely pivotal to a change in the story. A 'where do we go from here' sort of affect. Especially piggybacked on the news that Eugene confessed.
Your throat I take grasp. Then your eyes roll back. Love racing through my veins.

I think it's fine that people enjoy her character. It's a shame that she wasn't a badass until this season.
What I personally don't understand are the people who pair her and Daryl as a couple.
I see it as Daryl lost someone he saw as a little sister, not a lover.

Your heart stops beating. Black orgasms. I kiss your lifeless skin.

Hilarious Puppy

II Kumorii II

I couldn't agree more! 3nodding As "strong" as her character was, she didn't do a damn thing other than sing. I didn't even get upset she died. It shocked me, yeah. But it didn't phase me. However seeing Daryl cry broke me in pieces. He's like a big puppy! It hurts me to see that happen! gonk But Beth had her upsides every here and there. Unfortunately, her downside was 4x more noticeable and it annoyed me. Not the actress! She did great for what it's worth! But her character as a whole didn't really work out for me. Except the fact that she helped Carol in the end. That's a redeemable quality which came FAR too late in the show to do her any good seeing as her gray matter is, now, all over the ceiling.

To every Beth fan out there! I humbly respect you for seeing her as a hopeful teenager and rooting for her, but in THIS world, quoting the great Governor, "you kill or you die, or you die and you kill." And sing song suicidal children do not benefit in THIS world. Just sayin'.

Ruthless Allegiant

Ember F Strife
I couldn't agree more! 3nodding As "strong" as her character was, she didn't do a damn thing other than sing. I didn't even get upset she died. It shocked me, yeah. But it didn't phase me. However seeing Daryl cry broke me in pieces. He's like a big puppy! It hurts me to see that happen! gonk But Beth had her upsides every here and there. Unfortunately, her downside was 4x more noticeable and it annoyed me. Not the actress! She did great for what it's worth! But her character as a whole didn't really work out for me. Except the fact that she helped Carol in the end. That's a redeemable quality which came FAR too late in the show to do her any good seeing as her gray matter is, now, all over the ceiling.

To every Beth fan out there! I humbly respect you for seeing her as a hopeful teenager and rooting for her, but in THIS world, quoting the great Governor, "you kill or you die, or you die and you kill." And sing song suicidal children do not benefit in THIS world. Just sayin'.

Thanks! lol I'm glad to know another person is in the same boat. I don't think any of it matters anymore though, tbh. Beth is dead and they didn't even really make a big thing about it in the season premiere, aside from showing clips here and there of people crying. Maybe they will later idk. Yeah, I kinda stopped talking to some of the people posting in here because there bullshit factor was just a little too high for me and I got tired of being angry every time I logged in. Haha but yeah, I really don't understand so many people saying how great of a nurse to Judith she was or what a medical expert she was, as though she was somehow the only one who even had an inkling of how to do these things, when everyone else knew full and well how to take care of the baby (even Daryl sometimes) and did take care of her often, not to mention there were definitely other people with more medical knowledge and practice than Beth.

Ruthless Allegiant

Kornii
Your throat I take grasp. Then your eyes roll back. Love racing through my veins.

I think it's fine that people enjoy her character. It's a shame that she wasn't a badass until this season.
What I personally don't understand are the people who pair her and Daryl as a couple.
I see it as Daryl lost someone he saw as a little sister, not a lover.

Your heart stops beating. Black orgasms. I kiss your lifeless skin.

I know! Why do they think he got so riled up when "claim" leader suggested they were involved? I suppose they want to make believe that he was just embarrassed? Blushu blushu desu? Because it couldn't have had anything to do with the fact that he was angry at himself for being so helpless to save her, right? emotion_facepalm

Magical Star

I liked her character.
I was just grossed out when people started pairing her with Daryl.

Seeker

it's all about bias.
      something about her really irked you in the beginning, which is why it continued to grow.
      it doesn't matter why you can't see why others don't like her. this will always happen.

Tipsy Junior

I really didn't like her in the beginning because she was slitting her wrists and being stubborn. However, I grew to like her after she ran off with Daryl (he just makes everything so great, lol). And yeah, I thought the relationship dynamic between the two was like that between a brother & a sister. I wasn't too sad that she got killed off.. surprised and a tad disappointed but not like gonk . I really hope Daryl never gets killed off crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff