Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shane died in season 2 and yes, it was sad. I even cried. But did the zombies in the herd eat him? I mean, here's why i ask. He had only been dead for about five minutes before they got there. And I know they don't eat their own, but he got shot right after he came back. Plus, since he was only dead a little while, he probably didn't smell decayed or anything. Maybe just like outside since he'd been in the woods right before his death. Anyone else think they ate him?

Conservative Hunter

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Nope, he was of the Dead kind when Carl shot him.

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Parvulus_Letum
Nope, he was of the Dead kind when Carl shot him.

I'll second that. Dead is dead, no matter how you dress it up. Shane was walking worm food before and after Carl shot him(good aim for a kid his age, by the way).
no he turned because rick killed him

Steadfast Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
I think they were too busy with all the living people scattering around like friggin roaches.
But eventually they might if they're hungry enough, I mean they ate the legs off the walker who hung himself. Besides, body's still warm, why pass up a hot meal?

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Not sure...Well, Rick killed Sane, who turned into a walker then shot by Carl. I guesss that would be a no because they had their attention focused on Rick and the rest of the group.
Willow_SheWolf
I think they were too busy with all the living people scattering around like friggin roaches.
But eventually they might if they're hungry enough, I mean they ate the legs off the walker who hung himself. Besides, body's still warm, why pass up a hot meal?
True, if they get desperate enough they will.

Popular Cutesmasher

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Elocutionist 200
KivvieKannibal
Shane died in season 2 and yes, it was sad. I even cried. But did the zombies in the herd eat him? I mean, here's why i ask. He had only been dead for about five minutes before they got there. And I know they don't eat their own, but he got shot right after he came back. Plus, since he was only dead a little while, he probably didn't smell decayed or anything. Maybe just like outside since he'd been in the woods right before his death. Anyone else think they ate him?

Shane's death was not sad, he was a mental case and he was going to take Rick out... he deserved what he got.

They may have ate him, but I doubt it.

Sparkly Noob

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Profitable 100
  • Team Edward 100
I hope they ate him... he sure was a b*****d

Tipsy Dog

13,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Darque Machina
I hope they ate him... he sure was a b*****d

When he killed Otis I was like "Hmmm, Shane is an awfully nice fellow, this can only help the group, he's going to live throughout.

But yes, once you have turned, zombies aren't interested in eating you. They like fresh meat.

Fashionable Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
HisuiHime
KivvieKannibal

Shane's death was not sad, he was a mental case and he was going to take Rick out... he deserved what he got.

I felt like the death was bitter sweet, and NOT because it was sad, but because it was a waste. Shane could have been such a helpful and productive member of the team, and if not the apocalypse had come, Shane would have probably gone on being a good man, but when pushed to the edge, he cracked and basically, like Hisui said, became a mental case. Being an english minor, you learn a lot about analyzing literary devices and how symbols, events, camera angles, dialogue, practically anything and everything depict what happens in a story on a surface level and deeper level. A well written, well thought out, structured story can incorporate all of these things properly creating a deep meaning beyond what the audience sees. (If you were an AP Lit student in high school, you got a little piece of this whee ), and if you are one of those people who learned to analyze, you see the Walking Dead is so tightly and correctly formed that I saw Shane's death coming. It... had to happen for Rick to develop as a character and for the story to progress since he held in back in a power struggle. So, it wasn't sad, it was as it should be.

I don't think they ate him, I almost feel like that would detract from the importance and significance of the event. Also, he was already a walker, he was mutated and purely infected by the full force of this... disease (virus or bacteria, we don't yet know--most likely virus), then I don't think the walkers would be interested. He'd be tainted meat.
no they didn't eat them like rick said we are all infected. if you die without being shot in the head or stabbed in the head, etc you will turn into a walker so does this answer your question? question

Shameless Prophet

7,450 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
shane was awesome.
HisuiHime
KivvieKannibal

It made me sad because he was the sexiest person in the group. He had a hot face, hot abs... omg i miss him so bad. sad But I see your point that he was crazy. I think they woulda ate him if they got hungry enough.

Worthy Trickster

I was glad to finally see him go. He was a good example of how high stress situations can turn people into monsters.
And while I admire that'd he'd do anything to protect the people he loved, he could have found a better way to do so rather than becoming the villain.
Despite me being disgusted by the character he had become; a part of me was heart broken because of Rick's reaction.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff